• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Former Red Wing, Drew Miller gets PTO with Blackhawks

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, puckloo39 said:

this makes me sad, Drew was and is a warrior for the Wings.  I will be unhappy to see him have a great year in (bleah) CHI.

There's no doubt he worked his ass off, but a good year for Miller is 10-15 points. Very replaceable and long overdue in my opinion.

But yeah, good luck Drew! From everything I've heard, seen and read, great guy.

25 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im not fooling myself.  I fully expect Miller to squeak out a $750k contract after Holland ditches AA.  After Cleary, Samuelsson, and Miller last year, I understand that Holland's stupidity is limitless.

He asked you about Bowman. 

Don't try to dodge the question 

Edited by kickazz

33 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im not fooling myself.  I fully expect Miller to squeak out a $750k contract after Holland ditches AA.  After Cleary, Samuelsson, and Miller last year, I understand that Holland's stupidity is limitless.

Not what I asked, so I will ask again. @Jonas Mahonas So if Chicago signs Miller, does this mean Bowman is an idiot that needs to be fired?

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Chicago (or any other team) doesn't sign Miller, and he retires, does this mean Holland is an idiot for keeping him as long as he did?

The fact that Miller even has a PTO speaks volumes to the way keyboard GMs treated him on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The fact that Miller even has a PTO speaks volumes to the way keyboard GMs treated him on this forum. 

Care to explain? Booth also got a PTO, doesn't mean he's an NHL player anymore, who by the way I believe would be an upgrade over Miller. Dozens of players get PTO's every year, doesn't mean they'll get a contract. I doubt Miller gets a contract. If he does, good on him.

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

You mean if he does Stan Bowman is as dumb as Ken Holland. 

Nope, didn't say that at all actually... If Holland signs Miller with our cap situation and at the stage we are in our rebuild, with Bertuzzi ready to fill that role, yes he's an idiot. If Bowman or any other GM signs Miller because they have the cap space, and they're looking for a warm body as their 12th/13th forward, good for them, and great for Miller.

I could care less what players other GM's are signing. But Drew Miller has no place on this team, and if he somehow finds his way back, Holland truly is an idiot. Luckily for us, that's not going to happen.

23 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

this makes me sad, Drew was and is a warrior for the Wings.  I will be unhappy to see him have a great year in (bleah) CHI.

if he has a great year it will be in the AHL.  He was a good soldier here, but he's slowed down.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope, didn't say that at all actually... If Holland signs Miller with our cap situation and at the stage we are in our rebuild, with Bertuzzi ready to fill that role, yes he's an idiot. If Bowman or any other GM signs Miller because they have the cap space, and they're looking for a warm body as their 12th/13th forward, good for them, and great for Miller.

I could care less what players other GM's are signing. But Drew Miller has no place on this team, and if he somehow finds his way back, Holland truly is an idiot. Luckily for us, that's not going to happen.

And suppose our cap situation gets fixed and Holland wants a 12th/13th forward as Miller? Would it still be "good for them (us) and great for Miller?" 

Edited by kickazz

57 minutes ago, kickazz said:

And suppose our cap situation gets fixed and Holland wants a 12th/13th forward as Miller? Would it still be "good for them (us) and great for Miller?" 

You missed the part about it being stupid for us trying to rebuild and develop players. I'll say it again, Miller has no place on this team, and fortunately for us, he won't be on this team.

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You missed the part about it being stupid for us trying to rebuild and develop players. I'll say it again, Miller has no place on this team, and fortunately for us, he won't be on this team.

Well we weren't rebuilding in 2014 or 2015 and people still seemed to have an issue with him (and Dan Cleary) being on here. Cuz Holland. 

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.  I don't care about this question of yours, Señorita Flama Baita.  You and kickazz are the biggest offenders of the rules on here, but think you're so hardcore.  It's laughable.  And I do laugh!

I'm not sure why my question has upset you so much. I just want to know your opinion of Bowman if he signs miller.

When you calm down, I'd still like to know your opinion.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Well we weren't rebuilding in 2014 or 2015 and people still seemed to have an issue with him (and Dan Cleary) being on here. Cuz Holland. 

Do you think Drew Miller was valuable to this team in those years? A total of 22 points in 3 seasons. But his defensive ability (aka getting hemmed in his own zone every shift) was second to none...