• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Former Red Wing, Drew Miller gets PTO with Blackhawks

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I want to know why when I tell you I'm laughing, you think I'm upset.

A person doesn't refuse to answer a question because they are laughing, they refuse to answer a question because the question upsets them.

Up to you, I'm just trying to have a conversation. I can't force you to answer.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Do you think Drew Miller was valuable to this team in those years? A total of 22 points in 3 seasons. But his defensive ability (aka getting hemmed in his own zone every shift) was second to none...

Right so, why would it be good for anyone if he goes to Chicago? 

My point is the Wings get damned if Miller plays here circa 2014, but if the genius Bowman signs him, apparently it's not so bad. 

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You fail to realize a great percentage of people believe we should have started rebuilding the day #5 hung em up.  You aren't going to win in today's NHL without a dynamic defenseman.

No. When Lidstrom retired we pursued free agency with Parise and Suter; a great percentage wanted that, not a rebuild. Nice try, now all eyes on you for cowering to kliq's question.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Right so, why would it be good for anyone if he goes to Chicago? 

My point is the Wings get damned if Miller plays here circa 2014, but if the genius Bowman signs him, apparently it's not so bad. 

I don't think I need to state why another contract (from any team) would be good for Miller. As for Bowman (or another GM), if he sees Miller as viable option as a 12th / 13th forward, playing sparingly on the 4th line / penalty kill, good for him as well. I think the Hawks have better options, but what do I know...

As for your "point"... The Wings should "get damned" if Miller receives another contract, because there is no spot on this team for him, hence the reason he wasn't offered another contract (thankfully). But if the "genius Bowman" signs him, why would anyone here care? I don't know about you, but I could care less what s***ty players other teams sign to league minimum contracts. Mark my words though, Hawks fans would b**** and complain just as much as us Wings fans would if Miller gets a contract with them.

I don't think he will receive a contract from Chicago though, but again, if he does, good on him...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think I need to state why another contract (from any team) would be good for Miller. As for Bowman (or another GM), if he sees Miller as viable option as a 12th / 13th forward, playing sparingly on the 4th line / penalty kill, good for him as well. I think the Hawks have better options, but what do I know...

As for your "point"... The Wings should "get damned" if Miller receives another contract, because there is no spot on this team for him, hence the reason he wasn't offered another contract (thankfully). But if the "genius Bowman" signs him, why would anyone here care? I don't know about you, but I could care less what s***ty players other teams sign to league minimum contracts. Mark my words though, Hawks fans would b**** and complain just as much as us Wings fans would if Miller gets a contract with them.

I don't think he will receive a contract from Chicago though, but again, if he does, good on him...

Chicago has prospects just like we do, that could be 12th/13th forwards. 

They're in the same situation as the Wings when it comes to Miller so not sure anyone would think why its okay if he signs there but not here, from a practical standpoint. I'm assuming it's a bias against Holland. 

Bowman can do no wrong. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Chicago has prospects just like we do, that could be 12th/13th forwards. 

They're in the same situation as the Wings when it comes to Miller so not sure anyone would think why its okay if he signs there but not here, from a practical standpoint. I'm assuming it's a bias against Holland. 

Bowman can do no wrong. 

What are you talking about? Are you even reading what you're responding to?

Here it is once again... It would be okay by me if Miller signs with Chicago. Why would that bother me or any other fan outside of Chicago? However, it would NOT be okay with most Hawks fans. I even said that I believe the Hawks have better options, just as we do, but again, why would anyone here get upset if Bowman signs a s***ty player?

I couldn't give less a s*** about Stan Bowman, and what he does with his team, good or bad. I've never really given an opinion on him, much less given any indication that I think he "can do not wrong"...

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What are you talking about? Are you even reading what you're responding to?

Here it is once again... It would be okay by me if Miller signs with Chicago. Why would that bother me or any other fan outside of Chicago? However, it would NOT be okay with most Hawks fans. I even said that I believe the Hawks have better options, just as we do, but again, why would anyone here get upset if Bowman signs a s***ty player?

I couldn't give less a s*** about Stan Bowman, and what he does with his team, good or bad. I've never really given an opinion on him, much less given any indication that I think he "can do not wrong"...

Right but when kliq asked what people would think of Bowman if Bowman signed him, you countered with "is Holland and idiot if Miller retires?" So why don't you answer both questions since you asked one and responded to the other with a question. I say Bowman is an idiot if he signs Miller. 

On 9/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, kliq said:

@Jonas Mahonas So if Chicago signs Miller, does this mean Bowman is an idiot that needs to be fired?

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If Chicago (or any other team) doesn't sign Miller, and he retires, does this mean Holland is an idiot for keeping him as long as he did?

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Right but when kliq asked what people would think of Bowman if Bowman signed him, you countered with "is Holland and idiot if Miller retires?" So why don't you answer both questions since you asked one and responded to the other with a question. I say Bowman is an idiot if he signs Miller. 

It's pretty clear what I think of Miller as a NHL hockey player. So to answer the question, yes I think if any GM gives him a contract, it's a bad signing. Should they be fired for it? No. But in Holland's case, it would be just another of many bad moves over the past several seasons. If Holland has been doing well in other areas, and he made such a signing, it would be whatever, but that on top of everything else? He'd rightfully so, get s*** on by Wings fans, myself included.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's pretty clear what I think of Miller as a NHL hockey player. So to answer the question, yes I think if any GM gives him a contract, it's a bad signing. Should they be fired for it? No. But in Holland's case, it would be just another of many bad moves over the past several seasons. If Holland has been doing well in other areas, and he made such a signing, it would be whatever, but that on top of everything else? He'd rightfully so, get s*** on by Wings fans, myself included.

Doesn't matter, a bad signing would be a bad signing. So you would agree that Bowman would be an idiot if he signs Miller?

16 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Doesn't matter, a bad signing would be a bad signing. So you would agree that Bowman would be an idiot if he signs Miller?

Why are you so fixated on this? Yes it does matter. Each player doesn't hold the same value to every team. Chicago may be looking for a veteran to sub in on the 4th line. We shouldn't be.

But sure, "Stan Bowman would be an idiot if he signs Drew Miller". Will that stop this pointless debate? Probably not...

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why are you so fixated on this? Yes it does matter. Each player doesn't hold the same value to every team. Chicago may be looking for a veteran to sub in on the 4th line. We shouldn't be.

But sure, "Stan Bowman would be an idiot if he signs Drew Miller". Will that stop this pointless debate? Probably not...

Because this is a thread about Chicago, Miller, and anything related to to the Hawks signing. And a question was asked about Bowman to which you (as many others around here) made it about Ken Holland. So I'm fixated on it thanks to your Holland plug. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Because this is a thread about Chicago, Miller, and anything related to to the Hawks signing. And a question was asked about Bowman to which you (as many others around here) made it about Ken Holland. So I'm fixated on it thanks to your Holland plug. 

I'm not the one that brought up Holland actually... kliq made a comment to Jonas, that didn't name Holland, but was referring to him indirectly. Then Jonas was the first to bring him up in his reply to kliq.

Holland shouldn't be brought up in every thread, but it's to be expected that he and / or the Red Wings are mentioned in some way when talking about a former Red Wing.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not the one that brought up Holland actually... kliq made a comment to Jonas, that didn't name Holland, but was referring to him indirectly. Then Jonas was the first to bring him up in his reply to kliq.

Holland shouldn't be brought up in every thread, but it's to be expected that he and / or the Red Wings are mentioned in some way when talking about a former Red Wing.

What does Miller and Chicago have to do with Holland? Unless one is fishing to look into the past and complain more about a signing that happened year or years ago.

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

What does Miller and Chicago have to do with Holland? Unless one is fishing to look into the past and complain more about a signing that happened year or years ago.

Ask kliq and Jonas, because like I said, I'm not the one that brought him up.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im distraught over your question.  Kept me up all night.

I'll be blunt, the reason why I am asking you this question is because you have said in that past that Ken Holland is a moron and that the Drew Miller signing alone proves it, and that he should be fired for signing Miller.

You have also said that Stan Bowman is a genius and a great GM and have made comments about how Bowman would never make the same mistakes as Holland.

So....this leads to my question that if Bowman signs Miller......what does that make Bowman.

My guess is that you are avoiding the question because you don't actually think that Holland is an idiot for the Miller signing alone like your prior rants have suggested. I think that because you don't like Holland, you use anything he does as ammo to bash him as harshly and and over the top as possible.

There are others in this thread that have been down on Miller and have put down Miller being re-signed, but what differentiates these posters from you is that they have evolved their opinion of Miller throughout the years as Miller has gradual declined. You have been bashing Holland to an extreme degree for signing Miller for years.

You claim to not be a troll, but yet you make extreme comments all the time to get a reaction out of people. Then when you get called out you try to play the victim and call everyone mean girls and it's quite funny to see you squirm like you have in this thread.

Your turn now......attempt to make yourself the victim lol.

8 minutes ago, kliq said:

I'll be blunt, the reason why I am asking you this question is because you have said in that past that Ken Holland is a moron and that the Drew Miller signing alone proves it, and that he should be fired for signing Miller.

You have also said that Stan Bowman is a genius and a great GM and have made comments about how Bowman would never make the same mistakes as Holland.

So....this leads to my question that if Bowman signs Miller......what does that make Bowman.

My guess is that you are avoiding the question because you don't actually think that Holland is an idiot for the Miller signing alone like your prior rants have suggested. I think that because you don't like Holland, you use anything he does as ammo to bash him as harshly and and over the top as possible.

There are others in this thread that have been down on Miller and have put down Miller being re-signed, but what differentiates these posters from you is that they have evolved their opinion of Miller throughout the years as Miller has gradual declined. You have been bashing Holland to an extreme degree for signing Miller for years.

You claim to not be a troll, but yet you make extreme comments all the time to get a reaction out of people. Then when you get called out you try to play the victim and call everyone mean girls and it's quite funny to see you squirm like you have in this thread.

Your turn now......attempt to make yourself the victim lol.

Why you be so harsh. 

Calling out Bill Berzeench like that. He's been a good boy this year!

On 9/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im not fooling myself.  I fully expect Miller to squeak out a $750k contract after Holland ditches AA.  After Cleary, Samuelsson, and Miller last year, I understand that Holland's stupidity is limitless.

Glad to see you think Stan Bowman is an idiot like Holland is. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kliq,

I like you.  You know that.  I'd have you on ignore by now if I didnt.  

I will clarify one thing - I have not given STAN Bowman any credit in the past.  Scotty Bowman is a much different story.  I love Scotty Bowman.

So rethink/rephrase your approach.  I dont want to answer hypothetical questions based on hypothetical assumptions.  That's a waste of our time.

Is that fair?

IF Bowman signs Miller, will you then give an opinion?

If yes, then fine...fair.

Edited by kliq

Lol this guy talks about no hypothetical situations but on the first page talks about this:

On 9/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im not fooling myself.  I fully expect Miller to squeak out a $750k contract after Holland ditches AA.  After Cleary, Samuelsson, and Miller last year, I understand that Holland's stupidity is limitless.

:clap:

Edited by kickazz

This is just classic Bill. Its such an easy question, yet hes trolled himself into a corner and can't find a way out. So now he has to avoid the question completely. 

On a brighter note, with or without AA hockey starts soon, and good or bad I'm excited!