• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Off mlive.com this morning the odds of the cup being raised by a team. We are deeeead last with the other bottom feeders. Think at 100 to 1 50 bucks down would be worth the payoff...LOL

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/09/red_wings_tied_for_worst_stanl.html

 

 

browser double hit can a mod delete 1 of the 2 I accidentally posted

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Off mlive.com this morning the odds of the cup being raised by a team. We are deeeead last with the other bottom feeders. Think at 100 to 1 50 bucks down would be worth the payoff...LOL

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/09/red_wings_tied_for_worst_stanl.html

 

 

browser double hit can a mod delete 1 of the 2 I accidentally posted

 

Holland will find a way to have us draft a guy we keep in the ahl for 3 years.  Dont worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Off mlive.com this morning the odds of the cup being raised by a team. We are deeeead last with the other bottom feeders. Think at 100 to 1 50 bucks down would be worth the payoff...LOL

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/09/red_wings_tied_for_worst_stanl.html

 

 

browser double hit can a mod delete 1 of the 2 I accidentally posted

 

Looking at it positively it means the Wings only have 1 other team to beat in order to get the best odds at the first overall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

To be brutally honest...This team with a different coach could possibly find themselves in a 7th, or 8th spot in the Eastern Conference.

at least be in the hunt, if the goaltending holds up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd love to have a line with the Svechnikov bro's in the future, Dahlin looks to good to pass up (if we have the opportunity). An absolute stud, can't miss, elite, number one defenseman that we sorely need, being labeled as a cross between Hedman and Karlsson... Yes please!

Maybe our (new?) GM can pull off some magic like Burkie did back in '99 and get us the top 2 picks (I know Burke got #2 and #3), and get both Dahlin and Svechnikov...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As much as I'd love to have a line with the Svechnikov bro's in the future, Dahlin looks to good to pass up (if we have the opportunity). An absolute stud, can't miss, elite, number one defenseman that we sorely need, being labeled as a cross between Hedman and Karlsson... Yes please!

Maybe our (new?) GM can pull off some magic like Burkie did back in '99 and get us the top 2 picks (I know Burke got #2 and #3), and get both Dahlin and Svechnikov...

But if the "new" GM pulled of a Burke I wouldn't complain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

As much as I'd love to have a line with the Svechnikov bro's in the future, Dahlin looks to good to pass up (if we have the opportunity). An absolute stud, can't miss, elite, number one defenseman that we sorely need, being labeled as a cross between Hedman and Karlsson... Yes please!

And, from what I've seen of him, that label seems genuinely appropriate (for once). Kid is an absolute stud. He even Kronwalls people!

A. Svechnikov is pretty much equally studly and is being hyped up as the most promising Russian prospect since Malkin and possibly even Ovechkin. The problem ("problem") is, he's a winger. Ovechkin's a winger, but he's arguably the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history. And Malkin's a franchise centerman. The Wings need top-end talent at every position, but everyone knows a Dahlin-type defenseman is at the top of the organization's wish list.

(I think you and I are both in agreement on this stuff. I'm saying this more for people who aren't at all familiar with Dahlin and/or A. Svechnikov.)

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Maybe our (new?) GM can pull off some magic like Burkie did back in '99 and get us the top 2 picks (I know Burke got #2 and #3), and get both Dahlin and Svechnikov...

There would be riots in the streets of every major Canadian city. The league would be forced to shut down indefinitely. It would be chaos, anarchy. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

I want it. I want it so badly. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

As much as I'd love to have a line with the Svechnikov bro's in the future, Dahlin looks to good to pass up (if we have the opportunity). An absolute stud, can't miss, elite, number one defenseman that we sorely need, being labeled as a cross between Hedman and Karlsson... Yes please!

Maybe our (new?) GM can pull off some magic like Burkie did back in '99 and get us the top 2 picks (I know Burke got #2 and #3), and get both Dahlin and Svechnikov...

D make me nervous though that high in the draft, so many D that are drafted early just turn into duds. Is this kid really a can't miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kliq said:

D make me nervous though that high in the draft, so many D that are drafted early just turn into duds. Is this kid really a can't miss?

Personally, I don't think anyone short of Crosby or McDavid is a can't-miss. But, yes, Dahlin is looking very much like a future franchise defenseman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Personally, I don't think anyone short of Crosby or McDavid is a can't-miss. But, yes, Dahlin is looking very much like a future franchise defenseman.

 

If we get him, we will also have a new leader for the mafia! Z only has 2 years left, right? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kliq said:

D make me nervous though that high in the draft, so many D that are drafted early just turn into duds. Is this kid really a can't miss?

I hear ya, but it's not very often that a defenseman is regarded this high leading up to a draft. The last two I can remember that were considered "can't miss", total package (skill and size), were Ekblad in 2014 and Hedman in 2009. Dahlin is exactly what this team needs in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen Dahlin play live twice now. He's 17 and it's his second year in SHL, Sweden's top league. Right now he's about 6'2, 180ish pounds. He'll probably end up 6'3-6'4, 190lbs with about Erik Karlsson's skill set.

Think Victor Hedman from Tampa Bay with Karlsson's offensive ability. He'll define whatever team he ends up on for over a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, DickieDunn said:

at least be in the hunt, if the goaltending holds up

Outside of Howard finding a way to get injured by mid-season these past 3 years - IMHO our netminders have been the least of our concern.

9 times outta 10 - it's the 5 guys in front of them that masquerade as NHL'ers is what concerns me most.

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

I have seen Dahlin play live twice now. He's 17 and it's his second year in SHL, Sweden's top league. Right now he's about 6'2, 180ish pounds. He'll probably end up 6'3-6'4, 190lbs with about Erik Karlsson's skill set.

Think Victor Hedman from Tampa Bay with Karlsson's offensive ability. He'll define whatever team he ends up on for over a decade.

Send him my way...With a steady diet of brats, beer,  pizza, scotch, pasta, bourbon, steak, potatoes, kringle...He'll hit 220 lbs easily.....Then again - maybe it's best to keep him far away from me as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care where we draft.  If we don't take a center with #1 upside, or a defenseman with the same, then we're not one iota better.  Those have been our two most glaring issues for about 10 drafts now, and remain that way still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't care where we draft.  If we don't take a center with #1 upside, or a defenseman with the same, then we're not one iota better.  Those have been our two most glaring issues for about 10 drafts now, and remain that way still. 

I agree to an extent. There's no question center and defense remain to be our two biggest areas of weakness, and wing is by far our biggest area of strength. However, let's just say we end up drafting 2nd overall, and Dahlin is off the board. Assuming not much changes between now and then, I'd take Svechnikov (who looks to be far better than any of Tkatchuk, Veleno, Hughes, Merkley, etc) without hesitation. I know it's not easy to trade for a top line center or top pair defenseman, but that's the route I'd go if young Svechnikov ends up falling in our lap. I still maintain that trading for a young prospect with potential could be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree to an extent. There's no question center and defense remain to be our two biggest areas of weakness, and wing is by far our biggest area of strength. However, let's just say we end up drafting 2nd overall, and Dahlin is off the board. Assuming not much changes between now and then, I'd take Svechnikov (who looks to be far better than any of Tkatchuk, Veleno, Hughes, Merkley, etc) without hesitation. I know it's not easy to trade for a top line center or top pair defenseman, but that's the route I'd go if young Svechnikov ends up falling in our lap. I still maintain that trading for a young prospect with potential could be the way to go.

Agreed.

At this time, Dahlin and Svechnikov appear to be a notch or two (or three, or four...) above the rest of the draft class. And it's widely believed this is going to be a relatively deep draft class, so that's saying something. We do currently need a top-tier defenseman and a top-tier centerman very badly, but Dahlin and Svechnikov are both looking like franchise gamechangers. It's not necessarily a stretch to say Svechnikov projects as a bigger, meaner Tarasenko/Kucherov.

Plus, he wants to be a Red Wing. :cool:

Edited by Dabura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this