• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Will Tyler Bertuzzi Make the Team Out of Camp?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

That'd be a nice salary exchange, Sheahan for Pouliot, but it'd be another defenseman that cannot be sent down without clearing waivers

I wouldn't do that trade. The last thing this team needs is more mediocre defensemen. Pouliot is basically another Ouellet. If we're trading Sheahan, it needs to be for a pick or (waiver exempt) prospect. I'd rather not trade him at all though because we'd be trading him at an all time low.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't do that trade. The last thing this team needs is more mediocre defensemen. Pouliot is basically another Ouellet. If we're trading Sheahan, it needs to be for a pick or (waiver exempt) prospect. I'd rather not trade him at all though because we'd be trading him at an all time low.

Ya personally i'd rather trade him for a pick then a mediocre prospect. The low value does bother me a bit, ideally if we trade him its for a something of value and not just a salary dump. 

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

There what is? You're the one that brought up that $5.25M for a 3C is "outstanding". I'm assuming that was sarcastic? Well who signed that 3C to that $5.25M x 6 year contract?

Nielsen isn't a 3C. 

He's a 2C. Has always been a 2C. His entire career. If he's placed in the 3C position that would be the coaches decision not the GM. 

Edited by kickazz

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Nielsen isn't a 3C. 

He's a 2C. Has always been a 2C. His entire career. If he's placed in the 3C position that would be the coaches decision not the GM. 

So if Zetterberg is our 1C and Larkin is our 2C, what does that make Nielsen? 3C? Are you saying Nielsen should remain our 2C just because he has always been a 2C?

You're the one that brought up his contract, not me. Is it on Blashill that Nielsen is making (too much for too long) $5.25M x 5 more years? No, that's all on Holland. Or are you saying because of that contract he should be slotted as our 2C? 

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So if Zetterberg is our 1C and Larkin is our 2C, what does that make Nielsen? 3C? Are you saying Nielsen should remain our 2C just because he has always been a 2C?

You're the one that brought up his contract, not me. Is it on Blashill that Nielsen is making (too much for too long) $5.25M x 5 more years? No, that's all on Holland. Or are you saying because of that contract he should be slotted as our 2C? 

Nope. None of that. And Neilsen isn't making too much. The contract was market value for a proven 2C (which he is statistically, theoretically, factually, non-factually, visually, whatever-ally). Length of the contract bothered most people including me. 

Edited by kickazz

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Nope. None of that. And Neilsen isn't making too much. The contract was market value for a proven 2C (which he is statistically, theoretically, factually, non-factually, visually, whatever-ally). Length of the contract bothered most people including me. 

Well why the hell did you bring up how much he's making then??? It has been reported that Nielsen could slot below Zetterberg and Larkin. This isn't me saying he will or he should, I'm just restating what I've read. But whatever, Khan has no idea... kickazz knows all...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well why the hell did you bring up how much he's making then??? It has been reported that Nielsen could slot below Zetterberg and Larkin. This isn't me saying he will or he should, I'm just restating what I've read. But whatever, Khan has no idea... kickazz knows all...

Lol didn't say that either. What is with you getting so defensive and pissy. Chill out. I mean I get that the Red Wings suck now but this is to another level. 

If you're really "interested" in knowing, my comment was a shot at Jeff Blashill. 

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

Lol didn't say that either. What is with you getting so defensive and pissy. Chill out. I mean I get that the Red Wings suck now but this is to another level. 

If you're really "interested" in knowing, my comment was a shot at Jeff Blashill. 

I'm not "defensive or pissy" at all, I just find know-it-alls, people that think they're never wrong very annoying. That's you in a nutshell.

Your comment was "A $5.5 million 3C is just outstanding". How is that a "shot at Jeff Blashill"? It's about his contract. Who signed him to that contract?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not "defensive or pissy" at all, I just find know-it-alls, people that think they're never wrong very annoying. That's you in a nutshell.

And I will continue to act that way towards keyboard GMs who act like they know better than the pros. Funny how that works right. We're both know-it-alls! You're a know-it-all keyboard GM and I a fan.

Lighten up boo, just because someone disagrees with your opinion      doesn't mean you should get so emotionally involved and get "annoyed" lol. On the other hand it's probably because you're part of the Holland hate crew that you are starting to find it annoying. Years, ago not so much, funny how that works too.

You're in a forum, know-it-alls are a given here. You me and dupree.

Edited by kickazz

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You were a little upset today too.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better for both of you.

I was just mad at you for not giving more tender love and care to me yesterday.

Edited by kickazz

23 minutes ago, kickazz said:

And I will continue to act that way towards keyboard GMs who act like they know better than the pros. Funny how that works right. We're both know-it-alls! You're a know-it-all keyboard GM and I a fan.

How am I a "know-it-all keyboard GM"? Because I give opinions on what I believe would improve this team? So does every poster here, including yourself. If we can't discuss that, what is there to discuss?

Someone says we should make a trade. That makes them a "know-it-all keyboard GM". Someone says a player should be scratched. That makes them a "know-it-all keyboard coach" I guess?

Ken Holland and Jeff Blashill are professionals, therefore they never make mistakes. How dare anyone question their ability... :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How am I a "know-it-all keyboard GM"? Because I give opinions on what I believe would improve this team? So does every poster here, including yourself. If we can't discuss that, what is there to discuss?

And our opinions are never wrong. Aka we're all know-it-alls. That's my point. So what's the big deal? You're a know-it-al too bruh and that's okay. Remember Jurco is going to be a stud and Smith is an offensive defenseman. You've got some self evaluation to do if you honestly don't see who you are. 

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ken Holland and Jeff Blashill are professionals, therefore they never make mistakes. How dare anyone question their ability... :rolleyes:

Dafuq did you get that conclusion from?  Lol

Edited by kickazz

43 minutes ago, kickazz said:

And our opinions are never wrong. Aka we're all know-it-alls. That's my point. So what's the big deal? You're a know-it-al too bruh and that's okay. Remember Jurco is going to be a stud and Smith is an offensive defenseman. You've got some self evaluation to do if you honestly don't see who you are. 

My opinion on Smith was that he would be a top 4 offensive defenseman. He is exactly that. He may not put up the offensive points that some hoped, but he still pushes offense, generating offensive opportunities. My opinion on Jurco was that he would be a top 6 winger. I was dead wrong on that. Neither of those projections made me a know-it-all. They were my opinions. I think Cholowski will be a top 4 defenseman, possibly even a top 2. I think Svechnikov will be a top 6 winger. Do either of those comments make me a know-it-all?

My opinions have been wrong many times. I can admit that. I also thought Frk was going to be a top 6 winger one time. I still think he can be a solid 3rd line winger. He may never play another game in the NHL.

Having an opinion does not make you a know-it-all. Telling people their opinions are wrong and yours is right is the definition of a know-it-all. You do that quite often.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My opinion on Smith was that he would be a top 4 offensive defenseman. He is exactly that. He may not put up the offensive points that some hoped, but he still pushes offense, generating offensive opportunities. My opinion on Jurco was that he would be a top 6 winger. I was dead wrong on that. Neither of those projections made me a know-it-all. They were my opinions. I think Cholowski will be a top 4 defenseman, possibly even a top 2. I think Svechnikov will be a top 6 winger. Do either of those comments make me a know-it-all?

My opinions have been wrong many times. I can admit that. I also thought Frk was going to be a top 6 winger one time. I still think he can be a solid 3rd line winger. He may never play another game in the NHL.

After years and years you finally admitted to being wrong on Jurco, and all it took was for me to push your buttons a little (a lot apparently). Now I just have to get Lefty to admit Swedish people are cool.

Edited by kickazz

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Having an opinion does not make you a know-it-all. Telling people their opinions are wrong and yours is right is the definition of a know-it-all. You do that quite often.

Bs you spew opinions as if they are facts. Not my fault if you don't like getting some pushback for it. 

"Jurco is a top 6 winger" 

"Um no he isn't he hasn't shown any indication for it nor do his stats show it yet"

"well that's my opinion"

"ok but the numbers say otherwise"

"OMG you know-it-all, it's my opinion!"

"Ok but this Jurco opinion is not fact, llets get that straight, he isn't a top 6"

"Omg you're such an annoying know-it-all"

Similarly here, Nielsen is a 2C all evidence proves it. Holland signed him and paid him as a 2C. He is not overpaid. Just because Blashill decides to use him as a 3C doesn't change anything in regards to what Holland did.

The coach could bench Zetterberg if he wanted to, does that somehow negate what Holland or Yzerman did when they signed Zetterberg to a steal of a contract at $6.08 cap hit? No it doesn't.

Edited by kickazz

32 minutes ago, kickazz said:

After years and years you finally admitted to being wrong on Jurco, and all it took was for me to push your buttons a little (a lot apparently). Now I just have to get Lefty to admit Swedish people are cool.

I'm admitting that Jurco didn't turn out to what I expected now because it's only recently that it was clear. It's hard to deem a 22 year old that was misused by an organization a "bust". It turns out, at 24 he is a bust. I still think that's in large part to the way he was utilized but whatever.

33 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Bs you spew opinions as if they are facts. Not my fault if you don't like getting some pushback for it. 

"Jurco is a top 6 winger" 

"Um no he isn't he hasn't shown any indication for it nor do his stats show it yet"

"well that's my opinion"

"ok but the numbers say otherwise"

"OMG you know-it-all, it's my opinion!"

"Ok but this Jurco opinion is not fact, llets get that straight, he isn't a top 6"

"Omg you're such an annoying know-it-all"

Similarly here, Nielsen is a 2C all evidence proves it. Holland signed him and paid him as a 2C. He is not overpaid. Just because Blashill decides to use him as a 3C doesn't change anything in regards to what Holland did.

The coach could bench Zetterberg if he wanted to, does that somehow negate what Holland or Yzerman did when they signed Zetterberg to a steal of a contract at $6.08 cap hit? No it doesn't.

I've never said that Jurco IS a top 6 winger, I either said he has the potential, or he will be, which again is an opinion. If you can't differentiate the difference between when someone is voicing an opinion and when they are stating fact, that's on you.

Nielsen has always been a 2C. But if he's being slotted as a 3C, what is he in that situation?

Stop bringing up the contract and trying to turn that around on me. You're the one that brought it up, saying it is too much to spend on a 3C, not me.

Imagine that. Nielsen centering the 3rd line...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Imagine that. Nielsen centering the 3rd line...

Ok stop arguing you two or you won't get any dessert.

*looks at Khan's lines*

Hm I gotta watch that second line some. We will loose a lot, might as well get some excitement factor in.

"..in peace and harmony..."

From those lines, I'd say that Bert definitely makes the team. They already stated when they signed him that Witkowski wouldn't play every game. Obviously P.A.P. is in for AA, so if both those guys were on the team, it'd be questionable, but I doubt that would happen - might not even possible under the cap unless Parenteau would be signed for a low contract like Bert's.

15 hours ago, kickazz said:

Nielsen isn't a 3C. 

Nielsen isn't as good as he once was, and on a good team he probably would be a 3rd line center.

As far as trading Sheahan goes, it'll be a salary dump.  I'd rather move Glendening, personally, but I don't know if anyone would take him with his contract.  Sheahan at least only has one year left.

26 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Nielsen isn't as good as he once was, and on a good team he probably would be a 3rd line center.

Had 54% faceoff percent (career high), 3rd highest goals on team, 4th in points.

Most power play points on the team.

Scored two short handed goals, also the most on the team.

How is this guy a 3C again? He played 2C under Tavares for years.

He's the next best center we have next to Zetterberg. 

Man ya'll just come up with the wildest theories. 

Edited by kickazz