• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

2018 Detroit Red Wing All-Star(s)

Rate this topic

Z is a tough one because I don't think he wants to go and I do think that plays a part in it. If I had to pick, I would guess Mantha. I think he is going to have a very good year. 

I could see Tatar, but only if he plays with Z.

I think Zetterberg will deserve it but not go due to either making it clear he isn't going to go or having "back spasms".   (Though I'd love to see Bettman's reaction if the issue was listed as 'incipient priapism')

I agree Tatar is going to have a big season and Martha a very outside shot.

Edited by TheXym

I can't see us having more than one player going to the All-Star game, and if I were to pick one player that I believe is going to have a huge season, it would be Mantha. I can see him having somewhere around 15-20 goals by the All-Star break. 

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I can't see us having more than one player going to the All-Star game, and if I were to pick one player that I believe is going to have a huge season, it would be Mantha. I can see him having somewhere around 15-20 goals by the All-Star break. 

I can't wait to see Mantha take some big steps this year. 

On 9/21/2017 at 9:51 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Howard?

IDK, I can't choose. If Howard is healthy, and plays regularly, then yes, I think he has a REALLY good year. If Howard is injured AGAIN and Mrazek steps up and takes and keeps the starting job, then I think he gets the nod. (less likely) I just can't decide, but I feel like this is one of those years (Hi Nielsen) that the Wings get a player in by default. And that whichever goalie is having the better year gets in, like Howard did a few years ago.

On 9/17/2017 at 12:05 PM, BinMucker94 said:

Mantha and Tatar are both gonna pot 30 + goals this season

Hope you're right, but odds are against it...they haven't even had one 30 goal scorer in the past 8 years (last being in 08/09....they had 4 that year though).

On 9/22/2017 at 8:06 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

IDK, I can't choose. If Howard is healthy, and plays regularly, then yes, I think he has a REALLY good year. If Howard is injured AGAIN and Mrazek steps up and takes and keeps the starting job, then I think he gets the nod. (less likely) I just can't decide, but I feel like this is one of those years (Hi Nielsen) that the Wings get a player in by default. And that whichever goalie is having the better year gets in, like Howard did a few years ago.

Emphasis on (less likely) lol

On 9/22/2017 at 11:06 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I just can't decide, but I feel like this is one of those years (Hi Nielsen) that the Wings get a player in by default. 

I think the last couple years have had a Red Wing in because every team needs representation.  I guess Larkin had good numbers at selection time, warranting selection (this is without looking at comparables of who didn't make it from other teams), but if you look at his full year stats, doesn't scream all star either.  Better selection than Nielsen though.

7 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Hope you're right, but odds are against it...they haven't even had one 30 goal scorer in the past 8 years (last being in 08/09....they had 4 that year though).

Considering Tatar scored 29 a couple years ago, I think he has a very good chance.