• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

Met a Couple Red Wings Family Members

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, just wanted to share I've had a fun summer Red Wings related.

Today I met Budd Lynch's nephew. I have a Life Insurance License, every year to keep the license valid, we need to earn credits. I earn credit by attending a day of teaching at a conference center, and the teaching includes a free lunch. Today at lunch, one of my coworkers and I had Lynch's nephew come up to us and ask if he could sit with us, because he didn't know anyone. We do the typical intros, "Nice to meet you", and small talk. There was a TV in the lunch room, and it had sports on. They were showing the Leafs training camp, so I said, "I'm not a fan, but I think the Leafs are going to have a good year". Lynch's nephew agreed, and said he not a Leafs fan either. I said, "I'm a Wings fan", and he said he is too. I told him, "I have family in Windsor, so I grew up going to Tigers and Wings games". Lynch's nephew said, "My Uncle worked with the Red Wings. He did different jobs, then play-by-play, and was the PA Announcer." My jaw dropped and I said, "Wait a minute, your Uncle is Budd Lynch?".

Anyway, it was a fun conversation talking about Budd, Ted Lindsay, Gordie, Joe Louis Arena, the current Red Wings team, and more. I asked Budd's nephew when Budd started play-by-play (I forgot off hand), when he said 1949 I went, "He saw it all! That's when everything started".

Add to that, in July I met Bob Probert's oldest daughter, she works at a restaurant owned by family on my Uncle's side. We were sitting down waiting to order, and my Aunt goes, "Oh, Probert's daughter works here, there she is over there". I said, "Really? I want to ask her about her Dad then, but how could I bring it up?". My Aunt says, "I'll ask her how the Bikers Fundraiser went, then you can say something". Anyway, my Aunt asks Probert's daughter about the fundraiser, so I said, "Yeah, my Aunt says you work here. I can see the family resemblance" (she does look like her dad). I added, "I remember your Dad, he was a great player. I remember when him and Joey Kocur where the 'Bruise Brothers'". Probie's daughter said, "Oh Joey Kocur, he's so nice". Leaving I said to her, "I'm going to brag to my friends I met one of Probert's daughters. Maybe you get that a lot?" She said, "Sometimes".

Cool huh?

Edited by Barrie

19 hours ago, Barrie said:

Today I met Budd Lynch's nephew. I have a Life Insurance License, every year to keep the license valid, we need to earn credits. I earn credit by attending a day of teaching at a conference center, and the teaching includes a free lunch. Today at lunch, one of my coworkers and I had Lynch's nephew come up to us and ask if he could sit with us, because he didn't know anyone. We do the typical intros, "Nice to meet you", and small talk. There was a TV in the lunch room, and it had sports on. They were showing the Leafs training camp, so I said, "I'm not a fan, but I think the Leafs are going to have a good year". Lynch's nephew agreed, and said he not a Leafs fan either. I said, "I'm a Wings fan", and he said he is too. I told him, "I have family in Windsor, so I grew up going to Tigers and Wings games". Lynch's nephew said, "My Uncle worked with the Red Wings. He did different jobs, then play-by-play, and was the PA Announcer." My jaw dropped and I said, "Wait a minute, your Uncle is Budd Lynch?".

Anyway, it was a fun conversation talking about Budd, Ted Lindsay, Gordie, Joe Louis Arena, the current Red Wings team, and more. I asked Budd's nephew when Budd started play-by-play (I forgot off hand), when he said 1949 I went, "He saw it all! That's when everything started".

Add to that, in July I met Bob Probert's oldest daughter, she works at a restaurant owned by family on my Uncle's side. We were sitting down waiting to order, and my Aunt goes, "Oh, Probert's daughter works here, there she is over there". I said, "Really? I want to ask her about her Dad then, but how could I bring it up?". My Aunt says, "I'll ask her how the Bikers Fundraiser went, then you can say something". Anyway, my Aunt asks Probert's daughter about the fundraiser, so I said, "Yeah, my Aunt says you work here. I can see the family resemblance" (she does look like her dad). I added, "I remember your Dad, he was a great player. I remember when him and Joey Kocur where the 'Bruise Brothers'". Probie's daughter said, "Oh Joey Kocur, he's so nice". Leaving I said to her, "I'm going to brag to my friends I met one of Probert's daughters. Maybe you get that a lot?" She said, "Sometimes".

Cool huh?

Awesome thanks for the share it's always nice to hear stories like this.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:58 PM, Barrie said:

Cool huh?

I was about to chastise you for not getting her phone number, until I read this...

IMG_7318.jpg

Imagine that in a dress :shock:

On 9/21/2017 at 3:22 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I was about to chastise you for not getting her phone number, until I read this...

IMG_7318.jpg

Imagine that in a dress :shock:

Have you asked a girl out before while your relatives were watching?  Not an easy thing to do.  

52 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Have you asked a girl out before while your relatives were watching?  Not an easy thing to do.  

harder to do when Her relatives are the ones watching

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes. It's easy when you're not a beta male.

Leave GMR alone!

200.gif

Edited by NerveDamage