• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Bertuzzi's more a Maltby than a McCarty. The hope is he can become a top-six version of Maltby.

If we want a bruiser, Witkowski can do that, I guess. But we have trouble scoring goals and Bertuzzi has a scoring touch that Witkowski doesn't have.

Yeah I guess. You'd see Maltby jawing at people all of the time, though. Bertuzzi seems tentative and nervous. I'm willing to give him some time to get his confidence. I think he'll be fine.

1 minute ago, sputman said:

Yeah I guess. You'd see Maltby jawing at people all of the time, though. Bertuzzi seems tentative and nervous. I'm willing to give him some time to get his confidence. I think he'll be fine.

I'm hoping it's a comfort/confidence thing. I agree that he hasn't impressed tonight. And he wasn't impressive in his short stint with the Wings last season.

I'll be at the game tonight vs the Pens.  My stepson got us some great tickets near the ice on the end where the Wings shoot twice.  If you guys find a stream, look for me in the upper left hand corner of the arena.  I'll be the guy wearing red in a sea of black and yellow lol

48 minutes ago, RusDRW said:

Tried to find highlights on nhl.com but it seems those are unavailable for preseason games. Is this true?

Probably.

You didn't miss much. Larkin scored a nifty goal from behind the goal line. That's about it. We struggled to string passes together, execute plays, sustain offensive pressure. Ice surface looked terrible, puck was bouncing all over the place, guys were falling over. Bruins had the much more talented lineup and it showed.