• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

We took Chase Pearson in the 5th round in 2015.  He played for the University of Maine last year and is wearing number 79 tonight.

I know who he is, but Pearson isn't playing. He is still playing at University of Maine.

Edited by krsmith17

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know who he is, but Pearson isn't playing. He is still playing at University of Maine.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I thought 79 was Matt Ford

The nhl.com stat sheet has Pearson wearing 79, though I do remember the commentators mentioning Ford earlier in the game.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I thought 79 was Matt Ford

I could be wrong

I was thinking either Ford or Esposito. I think it is Ford though.

1 minute ago, TLGTrico said:

The nhl.com stat sheet has Pearson wearing 79, though I do remember the commentators mentioning Ford earlier in the game.

Yeah, they must have that f***ed up. Pearson definitely isn't playing. Hasn't played at all in training camp / preseason due to college / university restrictions.

Definitely our worst lineup of the 3 games, Once again Mrazek gets lit up like a Christmas tree, Rasmussen with the lone goal looked decent Witkowski was throwing his body around that's why we signed him. Hopefully the boys show a better effort at home tomorrow night it's only preseason but they're already looking pretty sorry.

2 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Definitely our worst lineup of the 3 games, Once again Mrazek gets lit up like a Christmas tree, Rasmussen with the lone goal looked decent Witkowski was throwing his body around that's why we signed him. Hopefully the boys show a better effort at home tomorrow night it's only preseason but they're already looking pretty sorry.

We dressed an AHL team, against the Chicago Blackhawks (minus Toews). I'm not sure if anyone should have expected any better than a 5 goal deficit. I'm thinking we'll have pretty much our opening night roster tomorrow night. So if we don't have a decent showing in that one, that's when we should start to worry... especially if Boston dresses a similarly talented squad as we did last night...

4 minutes ago, amato said:

Best. Tweet. Ever. :D 

but yeah, KRS, looks like it'll be most of the main roster. Zetterberg, Abdelkader, Kronwall will be the only ones missing according to HSJ. Howard starting. 

Why Zetterberg? Is he banged up?

Never mind, apparently Zetterberg will sit tomorrow due to a minor neck issue.

Kronwall's knee is fine, back seized up day before camp. Expects to get in 1 or 2 preseason games.

Bertuzzi has "mid-body" injury...

Lines they skated with today in practice... Likely lineup for tomorrow (aside from Z)

Tatar - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Helm - Nielsen - Sheahan

Parenteau - Glendening - Witkowski

DeKeyser - Daley

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Howard starting.

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Kronwall's knee is fine, back seized up day before camp. Expects to get in 1 or 2 preseason games.

Lines they skated with today in practice... Likely lineup for tomorrow (aside from Z)

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Helm - Nielsen - Sheahan

DeKeyser - Daley

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Howard starting.

Yeah, Z's tweak doesn't sound too serious.. seems like a "why risk it?" move. Understandable. 

Abby's lower back still bothering him? Hopefully he gets in a couple preseason games with Larkin and Mantha.. but it's cool to see Frk get a shot in the top 6 with regular roster players. 

48 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Helm - Nielsen - Sheahan

DeKeyser - Daley

Kronwall - Green

Ericsson - Jensen

Howard starting.

Wondering if this means P.A.P. has the edge over Booth. Not sure either will be signed, but I think it's a definite possibility. Also wonder whether Bertuzzi being injured might hurt his pitch for the starting roster in favour of one of these two.

2 hours ago, amato said:

Best. Tweet. Ever. :D 

but yeah, KRS, looks like it'll be most of the main roster. Zetterberg, Abdelkader, Kronwall will be the only ones missing according to HSJ. Howard starting. 

So HSJ is taking over for @DidSheahanScore this season? 

4 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Wondering if this means P.A.P. has the edge over Booth. Not sure either will be signed, but I think it's a definite possibility. Also wonder whether Bertuzzi being injured might hurt his pitch for the starting roster in favour of one of these two.

I don't think so. Booth played the last two games. One of which (last game) he was a last minute sub in for Parenteau, who wasn't able to go. It's understandable that Booth doesn't play a 3rd consecutive game. I've been much more impressed with Booth in his two games than Parenteau in his one game though.

9 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Not that it means anything for sure, but Booth played primarily with the Griffins and prospects during training Camp. The only time I saw him play with roster players was during the mixed scrimmage games. PAP on the other hand, practiced entirely with the roster players during camp. The impression that i got was that they were looking at Parenteau as a possible replacement for AA, and they were looking at Booth as a depth signing-either a two way deal or solely as a Griffin. I don't think they were looking at DB as a potential roster player, I think it was more of doing a Detroit native a favor.

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep, its real and it's spectacular!

(Shout out to Seinfeld)IMG_2577.thumb.jpg.38567fcc9c669924bf3d2f49d25e04f3.jpg

Fear the beard.

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We dressed an AHL team, against the Chicago Blackhawks (minus Toews). I'm not sure if anyone should have expected any better than a 5 goal deficit. I'm thinking we'll have pretty much our opening night roster tomorrow night. So if we don't have a decent showing in that one, that's when we should start to worry... especially if Boston dresses a similarly talented squad as we did last night...

Exactly we dressed an AHL team, And we knew pretty much that we were going to get lit up, Like you said the Hawks pretty much had their starting lineup minus Toews. As tonight we will have our starting lineup at the first game at LCA if we get lit up tonight against a Bostom team that will probably pretty much have their own AHL roster then yes we need to worry quite a bit.

Edited by LoveMyRedWings56

4 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

When did all of these injuries happen? The only one I knew about was Sproul.

I was wondering the exact same hing, I knew that Z left early with a kink in his neck and now Tyler Bertuzzi out 3-4 weeks with a inflamed tendon in his wrist and Abby has a sore groin. Never heard any of this up until now.