• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

If you're referring to the preseason, he has been fine. Especially last night. No chance on either goal. But them's the breaks when playing behind a bunch of kids. Just looking at the score of the game, eh? 

Lefty wont be watching any games this season out of protest. Remember?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have my anti-Mrazek bias, but I think Mrazek has looked ok in preseason. Kinda meh. Not awful, but definitely nothing special or worth getting excited about.

Has he looked "really good"? Definitely not. 

Eh, fair enough. He hasn't wowed me, but I don't really want him to wow me. When he wows me (flashy, dramatic saves and such), it's usually because he's been caught out of position and forced to try make a low-percentage desperation stop. I want him to be more like Howard: cool, calm, collected, clean, efficient, consistent, stopping the pucks he should be stopping. I want him to be less of an athletic, reactive goalie and more of an economical, positionally sound goalie. To me, it looks like he's making that change. He's allowed some goal against, but he's also been hung out to dry many times.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/09/28/red-wings-let-lead-get-away-fall-blackhawks/106099296/

Goaltender Petr Mrazek stopped 37 shots, as the Red Wings were outshot 41-34.

“He (Mrazek) was excellent,” coach Jeff Blashill said. “You can’t give up two back-door goals, that’s no way, no chance, you have to make sure you give him (a goaltender) a chance to make the save. He was excellent.”

Edited by Dabura

21 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Eh, fair enough. He hasn't wowed me, but I don't really want him to wow me. When he wows me (flashy, dramatic saves and such), it's usually because he's been caught out of position and forced to try make a low-percentage desperation stop. I want him to be more like Howard: cool, calm, collected, clean, efficient, consistent, stopping the pucks he should be stopping. I want him to be less of an athletic, reactive goalie and more of an economical, positionally sound goalie. To me, it looks like he's making that change. He's allowed some goal against, but he's also been hung out to dry many times.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/09/28/red-wings-let-lead-get-away-fall-blackhawks/106099296/

Goaltender Petr Mrazek stopped 37 shots, as the Red Wings were outshot 41-34.

“He (Mrazek) was excellent,” coach Jeff Blashill said. “You can’t give up two back-door goals, that’s no way, no chance, you have to make sure you give him (a goaltender) a chance to make the save. He was excellent.”

Not sure you can call this statement reliable seeing as Jeff Blashill is a big dumb dumb stupid head

Our power play is in midseason form.

Daley has not impressed me. The Daley-DeKeyser pairing is probably not going to work out. They somehow left two Leafs alone below the hash marks when we were attempting to break out, which resulted in an easy goal for Nylander.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That will be unfortunate having Kronwall and E on the opening night roster...

I mean the whole season really comes down to whether Kronwall, E and DK can play remotely close to what their contracts say they should. Hicketts has been our best D man on the ice tonight and he will get buried in GR. I don't mind our forwards. At least they have some promise but they have no chance if we spend half the night in our own end. Jimmy has been great tonight. Looks sharp.  To end this rant I would like to say that this 20 penalties a game garbage is hard to watch and doesn't do anything to make people watch. 

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Hicketts absolutely destroys two Leafs in a ten-second span. Kid can hit, in case it wasn't already clear.

Could we ever expect the Wings to think outside the box and put this kid on the roster. ?

Leafs win 4-2. Top line was good overall, though not at all on the power play. Power play was, of course, a dumpster fire. Larkin line was ok but didn't give us enough. Mantha seemed to be coasting a bit. Sheahan is like Emmerton but more vanilla and less effective. I have no idea what's going on with him. Fourth line was a black hole, though Glendening did score. Defense situation remains a mess. DeKeyser-Daley is woof, so much woof. Green looks like he's already mentally checked out in anticipation of being traded. Hicketts was our best defenseman. He didn't have a perfect game, but he was the only one of our defensemen who slightly resembled a respectable top-paring defenseman. Howard was good, made a couple of great clutch saves.

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

We could only hope. They gave Jensen the chance and, imo, it worked. they should do the same with Hicketts.

At this point I think he at least deserves the chance to play his way off the team. Not the other way around.