• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

2017 NHL China Games

Rate this topic

On 9/22/2017 at 9:19 AM, toby91_ca said:

If they are going to do it, should be regular season games.  I don't know about anyone else, but if the game doesn't count, I'm not really all that interested in going.

Friendly matches in soccer don't count but millions of people show up in that part of the world

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Friendly matches in soccer don't count but millions of people show up in that part of the world

Some truth to that, but the other difference with these pre-season hockey games is that it isn't even that actual team that is playing, normally mostly prospects.

20 hours ago, kickazz said:

Yea but do people who dont really know  ice hockey or follow it know/care tho? 

Maybe the game itself is the "intrigue" factor than a famous player

Hard to say, for me personally, I'm not going to go buy a ticket for a game I know nothing about.  If it's something I know a little about, I probably know the star players and it's them that I will go buy tickets to see.  Basically, that's the reason Gretzky was brought to LA.

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

China has one billion people, but just like India, they suck at team sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, and hockey.  (India sucks at any sport, I think).  

Incorrect. India is good at Cricket. And like soccer that sport is probably more popular than hockey in the rest of the world

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think they're the only country that still poos in the street

Say that to my neighbors dog 

Edited by kickazz

The NBA and NFL are pretty popular in China, so it's really not farfetched that the NHL could get a fanbase in China. The extra income from tv contracts and merch to the world's largest population could be huge. Don't see why there's a reaction against this.

Especially since this year the winter Olympics are in South Korea and will especially be followed by East Asians, there could be a lot of people that get into hockey through that. That's also an argument for why the NHL should go to the olympics, but hey... 

4 hours ago, Son of a Wing said:

I've seen it first hand in China as well.

Squat and plop

Isn't that also a goalie technique?

The NHL in China could work because, like alot of the world, the US is viewed as an unfriendly state politically, but anything seen as "American" is popular socially.

Wouldn't the Wings jersey color scheme make them a more popular team?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Isn't that also a goalie technique?

The NHL in China could work because, like alot of the world, the US is viewed as an unfriendly state politically, but anything seen as "American" is popular socially.

Wouldn't the Wings jersey color scheme make them a more popular team?

Whatre you trying to say comrade? Because I like a team that's red I'm a communist? I'm not a communist. I can think for myself. You cant tell me what to do. Im not a robot. Im not the reason we lost the war in Nam.

13 hours ago, kickazz said:

Incorrect. India is good at Cricket. And like soccer that sport is probably more popular than hockey in the rest of the world

Say that to my neighbors dog 

Surprised you didn't mention Jinder Mahal. ;)  With his constant help from the Singh brothers it is almost a team sport.

Edited by TheXym
Typo