• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

The 13th F......

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, germanwing said:

UPDATE: The #RedWings today signed LW David Booth to a one-year contract.

I'm way more excited about this than most people, but I'm really glad he'll get to play a year for the Wings.  He really worked hard for this spot and showed during camp and preseason that he really wants to be with Detroit.  Congrats David!

Apparently Sproul and Booth are on waivers now.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/10/2/16400384/red-wings-sign-david-booth-to-a-one-year-two-way-contract

UPDATE:  But Helene St James says, if Booth clears waivers he'll be in the lineup on Thursday.  I'm confused, I thought you put people on waivers to move them to the minors or is it because he signed a two way contract, he needs to clear waivers before suiting up for the Wings?

Edited by xtrememachine1

21 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2017/10/2/16400384/red-wings-sign-david-booth-to-a-one-year-two-way-contract

UPDATE:  But Helene St James says, if Booth clears waivers he'll be in the lineup on Thursday.  I'm confused, I thought you put people on waivers to move them to the minors or is it because he signed a two way contract, he needs to clear waivers before suiting up for the Wings?

they probably want the flexibility to send him down immediately if AA signs a deal instead of waiting 24 hours for him to clear.

13 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

they probably want the flexibility to send him down immediately if AA signs a deal instead of waiting 24 hours for him to clear.

Even with these two moves, they don't have the cap space to sign Athanasiou. Trade in the works?

39 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

If a player clears waivers, they can be sent up and down freely within 30 days or 10 games played. They probably just want that little bit of extra roster flexibility? 

2 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Still hoping for a Sheahan to the Pens deal for a 2018 3rd or 4th round pick and then sign AA to a reasonable deal.

Yup, and I also agree with going for a pick rather than Pouliot. We don't need any mediocre defenseman clogging up the pool...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, and I also agree with going for a pick rather than Pouliot. We don't need any mediocre defenseman clogging up the pool...

Yup not interested in Pouliot in the least, Would rather have Hicketts then Pouliot picks are far better either a 3rd or 4th should do it.

6 minutes ago, amato said:

If a player clears waivers, they can be sent up and down freely within 30 days or 10 games played. They probably just want that little bit of extra roster flexibility? 

I think that's exactly it Holland is just looking for a little flexibility here with the roster.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:14 PM, amato said:

If a player clears waivers, they can be sent up and down freely within 30 days or 10 games plafed. They probably just want that little bit of extra roster flexibility? 

So apparently you can't use the name of an Amy Shumer/Goldie Hawn movie in your post without it being filtered LOL. So I will edit this.

Which Is really smart to do It that way since there will be alot more tempting players to claim besides Booth. Less likely to get claimed now then If he waited to do It after the season started.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie