• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Dennis Cholowski

Rate this topic

48 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Also a -3 smiffy , still hopefully he'll grow into his role and be a ppg player this season. 

I don't care too much about +/-, as long as he doesn't finish the season -30 on a playoff team. It's more of a team stat, and as the 5-1 deficit indicates, it wasn't a very good night for the team. I watched the highlights and he wasn't really directly responsible for any of the goals, no blatant turnovers or bad pinches resulting in the goals against. I think he'll have a big season in the W.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, krsmith17 said:

I don't care too much about +/-, as long as he doesn't finish the season -30 on a playoff team. It's more of a team stat, and as the 5-1 deficit indicates, it wasn't a very good night for the team. I watched the highlights and he wasn't really directly responsible for any of the goals, no blatant turnovers or bad pinches resulting in the goals against. I think he'll have a big season in the W.

I agree that we shouldn't worry about his +/- too much. We saw in preseason that he is very smart with the puck and with positioning in his own end. His skating allows him to break up and create a lot of plays. I want to see if he can push the pace offensively and rack up some points. Get that offensive game going before he makes it to the show.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think that should be a realistic timeline. Hopefully he's an upgrade to Daley though...

Ya. He can't be any worse..... Ok maybe he can.... Damn we need a serious upgrade on the BL. Just really ahrd to do via the draft. It takes so long and with Dmen you just never know......

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That can't be though, they're affiliated with Chicago. I don't see anything about us trading with the hawks...

winterhawks-702x336.jpg?itok=9HSWtmRt

I do think it's funny that the Winterhawks jerseys are basically the Blackhawks jerseys.

Not sure if anyone else has seen or posted this. Nice read on what the Portland Winterhawks GM thinks of Cholowski.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/sports/cholowski-s-stock-continues-to-rise-1.23195084 

"Early in the year when I saw him play I thought he was a very mobile type of defenceman, jumps up ice, makes a good first pass, and I thought early in the year if we could ever get a player like that to help us out down the stretch that would be great and it turns out we were able to make that type of a deal," said Johnston.

"But I didn't realize how good he was. He's a better player than I even though the was. He's very good defensively and I compare him to (Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman) Seth Jones, who we had several years ago. Seth never ran over you physically, but he was strong, he used his body well, he had a good stick defensively, and then when he got the puck his transition pass or skating was really good and I think Dennis is a lot like that. He's a better defensive player than I thought."

"I think today's defencemen, especially when you think of Detroit or Chicago, those types of teams that transition, they want their defence to skate and move the puck. I really think Detroit is craving a guy like that now, that can play that type of style. He was well schooled here (in Prince George) and I don't know what happened at college, I don't think he got the opportunity and the playing time (last season at St. Cloud State), but certainly coming back to our league has been good for him.

"We won't get him back next year, there's not a chance. We knew we would only have him for a short time but he's a pro in everything he does and the guys in the room will learn from him and then he'll move on."

7 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

Not sure if anyone else has seen or posted this. Nice read on what the Portland Winterhawks GM thinks of Cholowski.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/sports/cholowski-s-stock-continues-to-rise-1.23195084 

I hadn't read the article (until now), but I did read the quote from Johnston comparing Cholowski to Jones a couple days ago. I'd absolutely love if Cholo develops into half the player Jones is, but I don't see much of a comparison there to be honest. They may have slightly similar styles of play, but Jones is on a whole other level in my opinion. He was playing in the NHL at 18/19. Cholowski is now 20. He's dominating the W this year, but that's to be expected at his age. Regardless, exciting to hear such high praise on the kid. Hopefully he's a late bloomer and can develop into a top pair guy.

On 3/11/2018 at 3:41 AM, krsmith17 said:

I hadn't read the article (until now), but I did read the quote from Johnston comparing Cholowski to Jones a couple days ago. I'd absolutely love if Cholo develops into half the player Jones is, but I don't see much of a comparison there to be honest. They may have slightly similar styles of play, but Jones is on a whole other level in my opinion. He was playing in the NHL at 18/19. Cholowski is now 20. He's dominating the W this year, but that's to be expected at his age. Regardless, exciting to hear such high praise on the kid. Hopefully he's a late bloomer and can develop into a top pair guy.

Hopefully he can become the Kronwall to Dahlin's Lidstrom. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Hopefully he can become the Kronwall to Dahlin's Lidstrom. 

We could have had the real Swedish combo if we had taken Liljegren last year... Imagine a top pair of Dahlin - Liljegren...