• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Opening night roster v Wild.

Rate this topic

A couple of my choices are dependent on certain things happening, but this would be my preferred roster if all was well in Red Wing world.

I'm going on what i think the front office will go with, against what most of us would like to see.

Nyquist  Zetterberg  Tatar.

Mantha  Larkin  Frk

Helm  Nielsen  Athanasiou

Abdelkader  Sheahan  Booth

13 Glendening

Daley  Jensen

Green  DeKeyser

Ericsson Kronwall

7/8 Ouellet Witkowski

Howard Mrazek

Now i know that AA isn't signed and he'd need a few weeks to get back into game shape. So Abbey moves up to take his spot and Glendog goes back on the 4th line.

Witkowski is then the spare Fwd. If Kronner is injured Ouellet moves into his spot and Sproul stays up as the 7th D. Jensen gets the top spot purely on his skating ability.

I think we have a competitive roster that'll be there or there about's for the 7/8 playoff spot if they all play to their potential and we have alot of bounce back years from certain players.

9 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Did Witowski play any games at forward this pre season?

Any games he's played, he's been forward (including tonight). He hasn't played any games on D, and likely won't. He was signed to play 4th line. Why? I have no idea. He's not good. I'd MUCH rather have Booth on the team over Witkowski...

Tatar  Zetterberg  Nyquist
Abdelkader  Larkin  Mantha
Athanasiou  Nielsen  Helm
Glendening  Sheahan  Frk

DeKeyser  Daley
Ericsson  Green
Ouellet  Jensen

Howard

Dunno if that works out, cap-wise. Too lazy to check.

Not my ideal lineup, but I think it's realistic, given what we've seen in the preseason and what we know about how the organization does things.

Looks like it will be...

Tatar - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Abdelkader - Nielsen - Helm

Booth - Sheahan - Glendening

DeKeyser - Daley

Ericsson - Green

Ouellet - Jensen

Howard

Mrazek

Can't believe Athanasiou still isn't signed...

We're also going to need to make some sort of move to get cap compliant, before the 12:00pm EST deadline tomorrow. We're currently $4,371,212 over the salary cap. Once Franzen ($3,954,545) is placed on LTIR, we will still be $416,667 over the cap. The likely move is Sproul gets waived (and undoubtedly claimed), but I'm selfishly hoping Kronwall ends up on LTIR along with Franzen...

6 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Is it just me, or does this roster blow chunks on paper?  I think we are worse than last year.

It does look pretty bad on paper, but that's to be expected for a team that should be rebuilding. I don't think it's worse than last season though. We basically replaced Smith with Daley, who should be an upgrade, and Miller with Booth, who is definitely an upgrade. Athanasiou missing hurts for sure, but I don't expect him to miss the whole season. Hopefully he signs pretty soon here...

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yep Sproul is on waivers (as expected), Booth signed to a contract 

Definitely expected, but the wrong move in my opinion. Regardless of what people think of Sproul as a player, to waive him over Witkowski is asinine. Oh well, I fully expected this, and I also expect him to be claimed tomorrow... 

Yeah, I think we all knew Sproul was going to be waived. I don't think he'll get picked up since he didn't pass his physical for camp and been reading that him coming back from the knee surgery could take a while. 

In other news, Tootoo, Jurco, and Pulkinnen were waived. That's also not incredibly surprising, but the one aspect to this that's funny is that the Blackhawks protected Jurco in the expansion draft. Wonder if there's a way they could have protected TVR (who they lost) instead of Jurco. Probably not since you can't replace a F with a D in the 7/3/1 protected list format.

14 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Apparently the Blackhawks didn't use Jurco the right away either. Godam you Quenville and Bowman. You guys are worse than Holland and Babcock/Blashill... right?

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017/10/2/16401590/tomas-jurco-waivers-blackhawks-roster-jordin-tootoo-2017

Not sure why I'm taking the bait again, but the only thing I will say is that confidence is extremely important in any sport, and it's a tough thing to build back up once it's taken a hit. Jurco is a bust. Would he have been a bust if drafted by a different team or handled differently? Of course you will say yes, but we'll never know for sure. The raw skill was definitely there, just didn't have the mental toughness to be a successful NHLer.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not sure why I'm taking the bait again, but the only thing I will say is that confidence is extremely important in any sport, and it's a tough thing to build back up once it's taken a hit. Jurco is a bust. Would he have been a bust if drafted by a different team or handled differently? Of course you will say yes, but we'll never know for sure. The raw skill was definitely there, just didn't have the mental toughness to be a successful NHLer.

I agree with some of this. 

Glad we got something in return for him though

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Some as in the underlined portion?... :lol:

You underestimate me. Probably because the way I post now is different than I did years ago. 

I agree about the mental toughness and raw skill. He is very skilled. But it takes more for the NHL. 

I forget the rules.. if a team successfully claims a player, can they be sent to that teams AHL affiliate? I wouldn’t mind Jurco back in GR (or pulk for that matter) as more of a veteran presence.

Mostly it would just be funny as hell if we got a free pick from the hawks and still kept our player in the end :D 

3 minutes ago, amato said:

I forget the rules.. if a team successfully claims a player, can they be sent to that teams AHL affiliate? I wouldn’t mind Jurco back in GR (or pulk for that matter) as more of a veteran presence.

Mostly it would just be funny as hell if we got a free pick from the hawks and still kept our player in the end :D 

Any player claimed has to stay on the big club for so many days (30?), before he can be sent through waivers again. Some process would apply again. That's how we got Frk back from the Canes last season. Something like that anyway...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Any player claimed has to stay on the big club for so many days (30?), before he can be sent through waivers again. Some process would apply again. That's how we got Frk back from the Canes last season. Something like that anyway...

Alright yeah, I figured it was something along those lines.. thanks. 

I hope Frk lights up the Canes if he’s still up by then :P