• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/05 GDT | at Red Wings 4, Minnesota Wild 2 (1st Game @ LCA)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

CRL CRL!!! look at them pups!!!

oh...you at the bar

I seent it at the bar. They had our game on the projector cause bar tendy is from the D. Beautful pups, especially in the red sweaters

42 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

sounds like providence, doesn't it?

Take that PETA!

Frk is averaging 2 goals a game. Sustainable?

Had a blast at the game. Despite sitting waaaaay up in the nosebleeds, my view of the ice was still great. We're a mess in our own zone which is frustrating to watch, but it was really fun to see the kids put up all those points. Not to mention a clutch goal by the captain!

3 hours ago, brett said:

negatives:

neilson and abs very overrated and over paid if you ask me. 

defense still needs work almost 40 shots against

positives:

howard was awesome. looks like hes been practicing on handling the puck

mantha frk larkin looking good

daley looked good

PP working PK working

keep it up

Completely agree with the above assessment. That too many men penalty 45 seconds in was hilarious. I'm not sure I've ever seen 6 guys on the ice, all in one zone, engaged in the play before. Good bench management Blash!

Nielsen looked okay but definitely needs to up his game (offensively and defensively). Abdelkader had some head-scratching plays, especially when he outwaited the goalie and then didn't even shoot the puck at all. Ericsson looked hilariously bad in almost all situations. Tatar and Nyquist didn't seem to factor into much, hopefully, that changes as we need them going and playing better/scoring. Green looked rough in the defensive zone. 

Howard looked phenomenal, hope he can keep it up and stay healthy. Zetterberg was his usual self, which is solid. The Mantha, Larking, Frk line was great. Created changes, but I'd say Mantha needs to make sure he keeps skating, early on he looked a little uninspired. Frk was great, made some nice defensive plays, had that great hit in the offensive zone, great score and other solid shots/plays. Booth looked good as well in his limited time. I'd almost like to see him play on the 3rd line as he seemed to have a ton of energy and was generating some chances. Also liked Helm's play, although it was limited.

Now, hopefully, Blash keeps Howard in while he's hot, except on back-to-backs of course. 

8 hours ago, wings1110 said:

Everything about this is pathetic. There is more empty seats than people actually watching the game. 

Well maybe because it's a new arena and there's lots of things to see?  Like I said it's the shiny new thing and they're not in a rush to get back to their seats either when they have a huge screen to glance at while experiencing the new place.

Most of the seats filled in as the period went on. I am guessing like Hockeymom said soo much to absorb and limited time. Plus who wouldn't want to see the game on the wall just to say you saw it.   We went for Kid Rock and between the preseason game and last nights I am going how did I miss that or that....might have been partly awe partly Labatts.

I haven't read anything since my pregame prediction because I don't want any of the forum hoodlums to cloud my thinking while writing this snippet. Besides I just watched the game, 15 hours past puckdrop.

I predicted us losing 3-2. I couldn't be happier with the win, I think it does a lot to get a win in our first home game in our new arena. Jimmy Howard was amazing and is by far the most important player on this team.

Other positives: Mantha looked Good. Zetterberg looked Ok, rusty at spots, but he'll get it, he is a star in this league, albeit old and slow.

Negatives: We looked real bad most of this game and were dominated the first two periods. Frankly Minnesota should have won if we were to go by that. Time will tell but what we saw in the first half of the game is most likely what we will get on a regular basis, earning us a bottom spot in our division.

Hey, I didn't say get your hopes up. And having Athanasiou in this scrum would have helped, would have forced Minnesota's defense to lie just a little lower I think, giving us just a tad bit more space in the midzone which all the players on the Wings except for Zetterberg need.

Just a small addon:
Athanasiou alone would not force Minnesota to shift their defense lower. Him and Larkin would, as in you can target 1 player but it gets trickier with 2+. Speaking from experience on this matter.

Edited by Jacksoni

5 hours ago, xault said:

Great game to be at, but I really wish they would of upgraded the leg room. It's about the same as it was at the Joe sadly. If you are over 6 foot, good luck... Everything else was great.

Where were you sitting? I've heard the upper bowl is a bit tighter. I was in the lower and thought the seats were great. (I'm about 6'3".) The legroom was deeper than what I recall from the Joe, and the seat padding.... that was awesome. Pillows.

Daley looked good in his first official game as a Wing.  Green looked like what we would expect out of him on the powerplay and what we would expect out of him in his own end too.  Ericsson and DK were not noticeable which for d-men is good, I guess.  XO and Jensen were great in the offensive zone, not so much in their own end.  Not to beat a dead horse, but defensemen is what will make or break us.  Our forwards are good, but not if they have to backcheck and play defense the whole game.  Howard is good, but he can't face 40+ shots every night.  I thought the defense helped with the offense more than usual last night, which is great, but they had some bad lapses in their own end too.  Promising start, still plenty of room for improvement.