• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/7 GDT: Red Wings 2, Ottawa Senators 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

I was excited for this season but until Ericsson is a regular healthy scratch (and it will never happen with his contract) I will not even bother watching. Better off playing a game on PS4. I was so disappointed he was not bought out this off season.

Wings are 2-0-0 

But you enjoy your ps4

10 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I'm happy for Jimmy, I think that Blash overplayed the top line somewhat, can't do that all year all they'll be burnt out by Xmas. Still 2W next to the Wings we'll settle for that.

I agree about the top line. They had some good zone time, but I thought they looked out-of-sorts. Weren't on their A game. Zetterberg was forcing low-percentage passes all night long and he was half a step too slow at several key points in the game.

Now, to be fair, Larkin made a few egregious mistakes, each of which almost resulted in a Sens goal. He played a really good game overall, but he could've easily been the scapegoat tonight. He's still getting used to being a centerman in this league.

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I agree about the top line. They had some good zone time, but I thought they looked out-of-sorts. Weren't on their A game. Zetterberg was forcing low-percentage passes all night long and he was half a step too slow at several key points in the game.

Now, to be fair, Larkin made a few egregious mistakes, each of which almost resulted in a Sens goal. He played a really good game overall, but he could've easily been the scapegoat tonight. He's still getting used to being a centerman in this league.

I'd say he's doing a pretty good job overall at it too. Mistakes will happen as long as he learns from them its ok 

Just now, Euro_Twins said:

I'd say he's doing a pretty good job overall at it too. Mistakes will happen as long as he learns from them its ok 

Totally agree. Just saying, re: Blashill playing the top line a bit too much, I can understand why he doesn't have total confidence in Larkin's line, especially in a tight game like this one.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Totally agree. Just saying, re: Blashill playing the top line a bit too much, I can understand why he doesn't have total confidence in Larkin's line, especially in a tight game like this one.

Larkin still got 19 29 minutes 

Edit: wrong time 

Edited by Euro_Twins

4 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Larkin still got 21 minutes 

Yep. Just saying: I'd like to see even more of him, but I get why Blashill might hesitate to give his line even more minutes.

To be clear: I'm not trying to bag on him at all. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think he's looked very good overall. He's playing like he has something to prove and he's clearly trying to round out his game. And he's putting up points. I'm all aboard the Larkin train. :)

Edited by Dabura

Wings are not a contender for the rest of Ericssons contract. Would rather pay 4.2 for the next 3 yrs than get hit with a 2.8 mil cap hit for the next 6 yrs when the Wings might actually need that space to resign core players or bring in new players when they are a competitor again. Makes no sense to buy him out. Even sending him down and taking the bigger cap hit for 3 yrs is a better option.

It was all about Jimmy tonight!

Other observations:

I think we're playing better team defence this year. 

WItkowski must be a good face puncher because the only times he's been noticable is missing coverage or being slow. Just checked: Apparently he only played 4:36. Think we could give that spot to someone else if we had some cap space.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk