• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/10 GDT - Red Wings @ Stars - 8:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Great shot by Seguin.  That's where it helps to have a giant goalie.

This exactly. Mrazek's size was his enemy, unstoppable shot unless he had the body size of Bishop.

This is a bad team start, I don't really pin either on Mrazek. First one I could understand a debate, but that 2nd was a perfect blast.

End of 1st. Played pretty well, but I didn't think we were ruthless enough in the o-zone. Every time we break into their zone with possession we fan out and try to set up an umbrella, with one winger hugging each half-wall and the man in the middle just king of hoping that the puck carrier can force a pass through to him in the slot. It's low-percentage, because the wingers are boxing themselves out and allowing the defending Stars to assume their defensive positions and be exactly where they need to be to cut off the cross-ice pass attempt. I want to see more driving the net. Less going around, more trying to go past or through. We need to shoot more. You'd think we would've learned by now that 20-25 shots on Ben Bishop, with our lack of cold-blooded snipers, is almost certainly not going to get the job done. We need to throw everything we can at him.

Also, the second PP unit should be the first PP unit. I didn't like Zetterberg on the power play last season and I don't like him on it this season.

It kills me, and it did all last season, how he can come up with two brilliant saves like the last two right after the terrible goal. Yet those terrible goals never cease to get by him constantly. 

A lot of people wondered why he wasn't protected, a lot of people felt like he should just be thrown into the starting job. Consistency, or lack there of, makes or breaks a starter. He hasn't found his yet. 

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

It kills me, and it did all last season, how he can come up with two brilliant saves like the last two right after the terrible goal. Yet those terrible goals never cease to get by him constantly.

Mrazek's saves only look brilliant because he gets himself so far out of position he has to constantly make flailing desperation saves that look fancy but really just highlight the enormous flaw in his game. Watching Howard and Mrazek is like night and day - Howard is calm and collected and is always where he needs to be while Mrazek is constantly flailing around and it burned him again on this past goal.