• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Alex galchenyuk - should we make a move ?

Rate this topic

He's playing on a 4th line now and his value is nothing right now , I'm from Montreal and I'd say he's gone downhill since the media went on him cause he had some girl he was seeing show up at his house party arrested (something like that )

anyways point is is this kid can shoot and score

would anyone do a nyquist for galchenyuk trade ???? 

38 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He's playing on a 4th line now and his value is nothing right now , I'm from Montreal and I'd say he's gone downhill since the media went on him cause he had some girl he was seeing show up at his house party arrested (something like that )

anyways point is is this kid can shoot and score

would anyone do a nyquist for galchenyuk trade ???? 

I'm confused.  If you're "seeing" a girl, don't you pretty much have to invite her to your house party?

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As I mentioned in the AA thread - Julien is an 'old school' type of coach who'll give players ice time equivalent to their hard work on the ice.

Julien is like Blashill on steroids. Defense, defense, grit, grit, veterans, veterans, questionable roster management, questionable roster management. Most NHL head coaches are like this, honestly.

26 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont know much about him, but does if he have 1C potential? If not, I say no as we dont need another 2nd/3rd line C.

https://www.nhl.com/player/alex-galchenyuk-8476851

He needs to work on his defensive game, but I do think he has 1C potential.

Would I trade Nyquist for him? Yes. Galchenyuk is significantly younger, has the potential to be a really good top-six centerman, and scored 30 goals a couple seasons ago (albeit on a good Habs team). And he was drafted third overall, so he has some pedigree, for what that's worth.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Truth be told - I see Julien 10 times better than Blashill (and I also don't recall him looking as clueless on the bench as Blash)...I'd take him with open arms if he were our next coach.

I mean, yeah, he's probably the better coach. But let's not pretend he's known for running a pure meritocracy. All the complaints about Babcock and Blashill leaning too heavily on veterans and not trusting the younger players etc. etc. etc.? We'd have the same complaints about Julien.

Edited by Dabura

43 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

No thanks.

As I mentioned in the AA thread - Julien is an 'old school' type of coach who'll give players ice time equivalent to their hard work on the ice. The last thing I'd want is a kid with an attitude problem on our roster, and that goof Blashill giving him top 6 minutes.

Seems to me he'd be better off in Colorado in a package that will bring the Habs a disgruntled Duchene.

I wouldn't put too much thought into Julien .... He chased kessel  and seguin out of boston

i don't believe galchenyuk is a problem child , think he's just mentally checked out of Montreal , kid can score 30+

30 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I'm confused.  If you're "seeing" a girl, don't you pretty much have to invite her to your house party?

I think she wasn't invited and went apes*** ? Hahaha don't recall it 100%

Just now, Hey man nice shot! said:

For another center with upside for nyqvist....umm yes please. I would do it just to see the OP have to change is name on these threads;)

I don't wanna jinx mantha and Larkin 

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Word on the block is Montreal is already shopping Mark Streit. Perhaps we could unload Ericsson and AA for Chucky and Streit?

Ericsson is pretty meh but is much younger than Streit who is 39 

Who would we whip? If they could make it happen sure, but seriously i would have nobody to yell at and grumble about. No more " Why does dad always yell at the t.v when #52 comes on the ice?" questions.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

3 minutes ago, Hey man nice shot! said:

Who would we whip? If they could make it happen sure, but seriously i would have nobody to yell at and grumble about. No more " Why does dad always yell at the t.v when #52 comes on the ice?" questions.

Mrazek, Blashill, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Witkowski, Helm, Holland, Sheahan, Nyquist, Glendening, Kronwall, Dekeyser

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Word on the block is Montreal is already shopping Mark Streit. Perhaps we could unload Ericsson and AA for Chucky and Streit?

Ericsson is pretty meh but is much younger than Streit who is 39 

Well nvm. Montreal just put Streit on waivers.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think she wasn't invited and went apes*** ? Hahaha don't recall it 100%

I don't wanna jinx mantha and Larkin 

In other words, she showed more emotion than any Montreal player has shown in 20 years.  

Based on the way you worded it, I would say no - cuz I don't swing that way. But I would be interested in acquiring him under the right circumstances. It would have to be even salary going both ways, so it couldnt be like AA + pick or prospect. Montreal wouldnt do it, but I would trade one of Abdelkader or Helm along with the rights to AA for him. Basically an even salary swap, so it works for the Wings. The Habs get a 3rd line Fwd, which is higher than what Galchenyuk was playing, and they have the cap space to sign AA. So they also get a potential top 6 fwd as well.