• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Alex galchenyuk - should we make a move ?

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Don't hold your breath LGW...Holland's usual lack of swinging a trade at this point in the season coupled with the fact that Nyquist has a 'NTC' in his contract almost guarantees nothing will happen.

C-C-C-C-Combo breaker....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by NerveDamage

What’s his cap hit? If it can work cap wise, Holland should see he  can ship AA over in trade. Make him one more clear final offer, and if he balks at it, tell him to enjoy Montreal!  Would fit the “ top four D man or other young scoring forward” criteria. Kenny wants.

Got nothing against Galchenyuk, but if we're looking to trade Nyquist (or another forward), it should be for defense, not for a different Nyquist. 

Not to say we couldn't trade for him and also trade someone else for defense. Nyquist + Tatar + Green for Glachenyuk and Weber ($2M retained) :lol: 

3 hours ago, Buppy said:

Got nothing against Galchenyuk, but if we're looking to trade Nyquist (or another forward), it should be for defense, not for a different Nyquist. 

Not to say we couldn't trade for him and also trade someone else for defense. Nyquist + Tatar + Green for Glachenyuk and Weber ($2M retained) :lol: 

Then we could have that intimidating presence on our blue line....HULK SMASH! 

On 10/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, nyqvististhefuture said:

He's playing on a 4th line now and his value is nothing right now , I'm from Montreal and I'd say he's gone downhill since the media went on him cause he had some girl he was seeing show up at his house party arrested (something like that )

anyways point is is this kid can shoot and score

would anyone do a nyquist for galchenyuk trade ???? 

I thought Nyquist was the future?

Galchenyuk's cap hit is $4.9M, so we'd have to free up a significant amount of space. And AA isn't signed, so moving him doesn't free any space. So it's AA + [$4.9M in cap space]. That's the main reason why I think this is probably a pipe dream. Holland might be willing to trade AA for Galchenyuk, but I don't think he'd be willing to part with much more than just AA. Maybe AA and a prospect, but that doesn't free up the cap space. I wouldn't necessarily mind, say, AA + Helm, but I'm sure Holland would mind. And I dunno if the Habs would want Helm, or anyone else not named Larkin, Mantha, Nyquist, Tatar.

Of course, all of that is assuming AA would be the Habs' primary target. I think Bergevin would probably do a Nyquist/Tatar-Galchenyuk swap. I don't think Holland would do it, though.

Ideally they'd have the cap space to do AA for Glachenyuk straight up, or with some minor other pieces involved.   As of now Montreal would have to be willing to take a bad contract or Holland would have to include Nyquist.  I don't see either happening.

1 hour ago, BadgerBob said:

Damn I was hoping we could trade Glendenning to Babcock for Marner. 4th linger for 4th liner.

No way Holland would do that... And why would he? Glendening has 2 goals so far this season, on pace for 27. Marner has 1 goal. F***ing scrub...