• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AtlantaHotWings

For those that want Blash G-O-N-E

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

The only thing nice about losing Babs was we had a guy that was ready (or so we believed) to step in. If we fire Blash so soon we may find ourselves on the coaching carousel of death pretty quickly. Who would we bring in Todd Nelson? As far as I know there won't be any big names hitting the market soon

Oh pretty please, end the failing Blashill experiment now. The longer he is there I feel it will stunt the growth of our youth. I say it is also time for Kenny to move up the ladder and vacate that GM seat too. What pains me the most is not even missing the playoffs but for Babcocks lemon to be blowing at the same time Babcock and the Leafs are soaring (There are few things in life I loathe more then the Leafs). I am wondering if Babcock deliberately lined us up with Blashill as a crap filled going away present knowing what the outcome would be?

Edited by The Secret

Lmao what kind of source is this? The team is bad I don’t understand what you expect a coach to do. He’s nowhere near the same situation as other playoff caliber teams. If the team is anywhere near the playoff hunt he has done a great job as coach

I can’t believe you guys allow yourself to get so worked up about every aspect of the team when everyone knows they are bad. They are going to do things poorly. Theirs no magic trick that will make them good instantly. Blaming the coach when a half ass roster doesn’t do well is for casuals who don’t understand sports

6 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Lmao what kind of source is this? The team is bad I don’t understand what you expect a coach to do. He’s nowhere near the same situation as other playoff caliber teams. If the team is anywhere near the playoff hunt he has done a great job as coach

I can’t believe you guys allow yourself to get so worked up about every aspect of the team when everyone knows they are bad. They are going to do things poorly. Theirs no magic trick that will make them good instantly. Blaming the coach when a half ass roster doesn’t do well is for casuals who don’t understand sports

The roster is not that bad and has lots of room for growth under an effective coach, Blashill is not. 2 years in a row players that were growing under Babcock shrunk under Blashill.... that is 100% his fault.

11 minutes ago, The Secret said:

The roster is not that bad and has lots of room for growth under an effective coach, Blashill is not. 2 years in a row players that were growing under Babcock shrunk under Blashill.... that is 100% his fault.

The D has gotten progressively worse and Datsyuk left since Babs could barely squeak them into the playoffs and he was the best coach in the game. Babs never had a roster this bad

Edited by joesuffP

18 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

The D has gotten progressively worse and Datsyuk left since Babs could barely squeak them into the playoffs and he was the best coach in the game. Babs never had a roster this bad

Not sure about that, look what Babs did in 2014 (I believe) when Zetterberg and Datsyuk were hurt for an extended period of time and he go Hart level production out of Nyquist to get us in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, kliq said:

Not sure about that, look what Babs did in 2014 (I believe) when Zetterberg and Datsyuk were hurt for an extended period of time and he go Hart level production out of Nyquist to get us in the playoffs.

And we were the 2nd most productive PP behind Chicago. A year later we sucked at PPs with pretty much the same core

24 minutes ago, kliq said:

That 20 game stretch is the closest Babs ever had to a roster like this. It’s like asking Babs to do what he did minus their best forward and best defensemen. Considering he barely made the playoffs year after year with them I highly doubt he makes it last year. Was Babs a better coach? Of course. But considering the difference has been so marginal compared to the best coach in the league I don’t think he’s the problem. Just ride it out people. We’re supposed to be bad

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

And we were the 2nd most productive PP behind Chicago. A year later we sucked at PPs with pretty much the same core

One year our PP was good. What about the other years? With a much better team. Remember we had a revolving door of Assistant coaches too because our PP sucked

4 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

That 20 game stretch is the closest Babs ever had to a roster like this. It’s like asking Babs to do what he did minus their best forward and best defensemen. Considering he barely made the playoffs year after year with them I highly doubt he makes it last year. Was Babs a better coach? Of course. But considering the difference has been so marginal compared to the best coach in the league I don’t think he’s the problem. Just ride it out people. We’re supposed to be bad

One year our PP was good. What about the other years? With a much better team. Remember we had a revolving door of Assistant coaches too because our PP sucked

I wasn't really paying that much attention to the stats back then. I was happy just to be able to catch a game in which the stream didn't freeze

2 hours ago, Wingnut1989 said:

Ken holland is more deserving of being fired or forced to step down, Blash was great in GR, dont know why he cant bring his system here maybe theirs a higher authority, he makes some incredibly questionable moves.

Blash sucks, but I agree that Holland is the main issue. He’s inept at cap management. He has a Cup and two West titles in the cap era, but those teams consisted of leftover players from pre-cap Cup teams, and things like late round picks Z and Dats becoming stars, and Osgood stepping up to an elite level in the playoffs unexpectedly. Since 2010 they haven’t made it past the second round. Since 2014, out in first round in 5, 7, 5 games then missed playoffs. Steadily worse, and has a pile of bad contracts and at the cap limit. Change is needed.

3 hours ago, joesuffP said:

My point to you is not that Blashill is an awful coach, my point is that Babs did have a roster worse then this at one point and he did get more out of it. I am only saying this because you stated that Babs never had a roster like what we have now.

I think Blashill has an average roster, with very good secondary scoring, but has zero elite talent in their prime. When you are a third year coach taking over for one of the best coaches in the world who also struggled with a similar roster, his results have been pretty much exactly what I expected.

3 hours ago, Wingnut1989 said:

Ken holland is more deserving of being fired or forced to step down, Blash was great in GR, dont know why he cant bring his system here maybe theirs a higher authority, he makes some incredibly questionable moves.

It's no different then a guy like Pulkkinen dominating the AHL and then being bad in the NHL. The NHL is a much more talented league and what works in the AHL doesn't necessarily work in the NHL.

You can be the best coach in the AHL, and at the same time be the worst in the NHL. Blashill may one day be a very good NHL coach, but right now he is not at the level of the games best, and unfortunately he doesn't have a roster that will hide his weaknesses. 

12 hours ago, Wingnut1989 said:

Because things that work in the AHL don't always work in the NHL, and he isn't smart enough to adjust.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I will agree that this team has 'average' talent overall, but the coaching IMHO has been well below average.

There are times where this club looks totally lost out there, ineffective pp, scatter-brained pk, and they appear to be in their own end of the ice for a good portion of the game...Again - much of that is on the players, but also reflects heavily upon the quality of the coaching staff.

I think Blashill has been progressing with experience. I would like to see what he does with a decent defense group. The execution is just way off for me to blame the system. Routine plays aren’t made consistently and it costs us zone time, penalties and goals against needlessly

17 hours ago, The Secret said:

The defense is worse than it was under Babcock.  This may be the worst defense in the league on paper.  Not many coaches can win with a defense this lacking.  

38 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The defense is worse than it was under Babcock.  This may be the worst defense in the league on paper.  Not many coaches can win with a defense this lacking.  

Two D men who shouldn’t be in the NHL are continually in the lineup though. If Kronwall and Errorsson were benched, the team would be better for it. Both are huge liabilities. Only one can really be benched per game unfortunately, but neither are if “healthy”. Errorsson has his spot locked up every game for some reason only Blash has, and the minute Kronwall thinks he’s ready to play, back in the lineup he goes without question. Even though he’s utterly useless. Both would be long gone on other teams, but Holland has this team so screwed with the cap that they’re stuck.

I read something somewhere about how Holland was close to buying out Errorsson in the early offseason, but Z and Kronwall went to him and asked him not to do it, and he didn’t (obv). Not sure if that’s true or not, but I can see it happening.

Edited by chaps80

Jensen and Ouellete wouldn’t make a lot of NHL rosters. Ericsson goes through terrible stretches but he’s been decent to start the season and when he’s good it’s exactly what the team needs in the lineup. Strong in front of the net and safe with the puck. If Ericsson can keep playing like he did last night with Green then he’s no issue in the top 4 imo. He looked like 2013 Ericsson last night. Which isn’t exceptional but will make a huge difference in this defense

24 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I read something somewhere about how Holland was close to buying out Errorsson in the early offseason, but Z and Kronwall went to him and asked him not to do it, and he didn’t (obv). Not sure if that’s true or not, but I can see it happening.

You really think Holland sits down with players and tells them. Hey man I'm thinking about buying out this guy what do you think?

If I was a player the first thing I would say is: "If you're asking for my advice how about you pay me half your salary for doing your work first?" 

That's not how it works. 

Edited by kickazz

39 minutes ago, kickazz said:

You really think Holland sits down with players and tells them. Hey man I'm thinking about buying out this guy what do you think?

If I was a player the first thing I would say is: "If you're asking for my advice how about you pay me half your salary for doing your work first?" 

That's not how it works. 

Yeah it’s a bit far fetched. It wasn’t as if he called them in and told them his intentions though. They heard about it and spoke to him on E’s behalf apparantly.

When it comes down to it, I mainly want Blash gone because I think he's too much of the same but in same breath a lesser version of Bab's. 

I think we need a different voice ( literally and figuratively ) for this team. 

Edited by xault