• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/13 - Red Wings at Golden Knights - 10:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

Well what do you expect, he ranked almost dead last in SP and GAA last year while Howard ranked right at the top with the same D.

Of course it's not all his fault, but he's not helping.

The same D, but if you want to get technical we can run over stats that show the D was even weaker in front of Mrazek. Found a nice write up about it a little while back. But I’m done with the whole goalie debate. Things are what they are. Just pointing out when your D gives away pucks like that, you can’t blame the goalie. But Howard would have stopped it I’m sure. He stops everything.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

There is a glaringly bad problem and it's our D. Daley has been a nice surprise, so has Green. Jensen was a bright spot last year but he's buried on the bottom pair with Ouellet who has been bad. Kronwall looks okay, not a lot of mistakes. Ericsson remains the backbone of our terrible back end. 

I think with Howard in net, it's a 2-2 tie, but not faulting Mrazek for any of the 3 necessarily. 3rd goal was stoppable, but was also an unexpected shot to the corner and was well placed.

Kenny's biggest failure since Nick retired for sure was never adequately re-building our D. Asking Kronner to be the new #1 was not fair or really possible for him, and still we're no closer to getting a legit #1 (not that it's easy to acquire one, but it seems he hasn't really tried very hard, outside of some hard tire kicking, that is)

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

The same D, but if you want to get technical we can run over stats that show the D was even weaker in front of Mrazek. Found a nice write up about it a little while back. But I’m done with the whole goalie debate. Things are what they are. Just pointing out when your D gives away pucks like that, you can’t blame the goalie. But Howard would have stopped it I’m sure. He stops everything.

Why can't you just admit mrazek was awful last year? We aren't talking Howard had a GAA of 2.30 while Mrazek was 2.40......it wasn't even close.

2 minutes ago, datterberg1340 said:

Kenny's biggest failure since Nick retired for sure was never adequately re-building our D. Asking Kronner to be the new #1 was not fair or really possible for him, and still we're no closer to getting a legit #1 (not that it's easy to acquire one, but it seems he hasn't really tried very hard, outside of some hard tire kicking, that is)

I guess that depends on what you think of Chowolski.

7 minutes ago, kliq said:

Why can't you just admit mrazek was awful last year? We aren't talking Howard had a GAA of 2.30 while Mrazek was 2.40......it wasn't even close.

I guess that depends on what you think of Chowolski.

too early to tell, but I sure wouldn't mind him being the guy we need

Go Mantha!

12 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Just a bad excuse dude. Don't be such a homer lol. 

14 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Howard has a concept of positioning. Mraz doesn't.

SCOOORRREEESS!! NIELSEN FROM Z!

Just now, kliq said:

I think what throws some people is that Mrazek is the better athlete, but that doesn't mean better goalie.

It's the concept of flash. People think flashier means better. Carey Price would say otherwise to Jonathan Quick.