• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

Foiled by Howard's enigmatic five hole again! 

But seriously, why the hell is Kronwall on the PP over Daley at this point? Kronwall is borderline immobile and struggles to make those in tight plays that are necessary to create space. Plus his timing still looks off.

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Ok my quick summary of things we've been wondering about the stadium:

1. The horn is the same. Just as loud as the Joe Louis. No difference. Nada. Probably sounds different on TV for whatever reason. 

2. The upper bowl seats were a bit crowded. But the view is still just as good as the Joe, if not better because it's more steep so you won't be bothered by some 7 foot 10 inch guy's head. There is a section in the upper bowl though might be partially blocked by this giant wall thing (can't really explain it). I don't know I didn't sit there but maybe they designed it so it doesn't actually block your view and it only looks that way to people not actually sitting there.

Agreed on the horn, I think it only sounds different on TV due to the acoustics of the arena.  I've been to three games there & did not think it sounded any different than at the Joe.

As for the upper bowl seating, there are no seats that have obstructed views of the ice.  It looks like some of the seats would be blocked by the press box on the east side & the gondola seating on the west.  But, due to the steepness of the bowl, you actually have a clear view of the ice from the last row of the upper bowl.  However, if you are sitting in seats around row 10 & higher, then the press box & gondola block your view of the video board.  There are TV's on the back of both structures that show a feed from the video board.

Edited by juiceman

1 hour ago, juiceman said:

As for the upper bowl seating, there are no seats that have obstructed views of the ice.  It looks like some of the seats would be blocked by the press box on the east side & the gondola seating on the west.  But, due to the steepness of the bowl, you actually have a clear view of the ice from the last row of the upper bowl.  However, if you are sitting in seats around row 10 & higher, then the press box & gondola block your view of the video board.  There are TV's on the back of both structures that show a feed from the video board.

Yeah thats what I figured. The design is pretty genius. 

12 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Foiled by Howard's enigmatic five hole again! 

But seriously, why the hell is Kronwall on the PP over Daley at this point? Kronwall is borderline immobile and struggles to make those in tight plays that are necessary to create space. Plus his timing still looks off.

why was Errorson on the top D line?

why do some say that Z doesn't want to move up to the wing?

simple...

CojSIvXUMAA11gY.jpg

Swedish Mafia

15 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

Guys, the horn is not the same. It is a recording of the horn because they couldn't bring the old one in (flammable gasses or something).

Unless they brought it in after the home opener and worked around it.

It sounds the same when you are in the arena. But it sounds different on tv for some reason

13 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

It sounds the same when you are in the arena. But it sounds different on tv for some reason

It's because the noise waves have to travel through all those cords underneath the ground until they get to your TV. The father away you are from a horn the quieter it sounds, so this is probably what makes it sound so weak/different. Government needs to make shorter cords.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's because the noise waves have to travel through all those cords underneath the ground until they get to your TV. The father away you are from a horn the quieter it sounds, so this is probably what makes it sound so weak/different. Government needs to make shorter cords.

damn the Father!

lol, you know that it's all digital now and they do quiet it down for the broadcasting so it doesn't compete with the announcers' voices.  

Edited by NerveDamage

Comparing to last season I thought we looked better against Tampa. We evened it up nicely and had a punchers chance, I can't complain too much.

Judging by the past six games I'd say we look decent, til Howard or Zetterberg goes down. Once that happens the earth will unravel and.. You fill in the rest.

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

damn the Father!

lol, you know that it's all digital now and they do quiet it down for the broadcasting so it doesn't compete with the announcers' voices.  

But as you pointed out, the digital cords make the announcers too loud. If they made the announcers less loud, they wouldn't have to quiet the horn. Maybe if they just lengthened the cords from the announcers mic to the tv, or made the announcers sit farther away from the mic that would help.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But as you pointed out, the digital cords make the announcers too loud. If they made the announcers less loud, they wouldn't have to quiet the horn. Maybe if they just lengthened the cords from the announcers mic to the tv, or made the announcers sit farther away from the mic that would help.

If the announcers were on the roof this would be a non issue

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

better yet...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

3 hours ago, Doc Holliday said:

Guys, the horn is not the same. It is a recording of the horn because they couldn't bring the old one in (flammable gasses or something).

Unless they brought it in after the home opener and worked around it.

The old horn isn’t loud enough for the new building. So they recorded the sound and amped it up to 3 times the volume. On opening night it wasn’t loud enough so the president of Olympia had them adjust it and now its loud as f*** and good. 

And it sounds exactly like the horn from the Joe. Except it’s digital because we now live in a digitalized world. 

It was so loud that the girl next to me dropped her fries like a dumbass. 

Anyways I like this idea better because they can freely change the acoustics and volume of their goal horn. 

“The simple truth is we wanted to bring the old horn over, and the old horn is a tiny little horn, believe it or not,” said Tom Wilson, president of Olympia Entertainment. “It just never was going to fill the volume we need.”

The so-called bowl portions of the two buildings are simply too different, he said.

“What we’ve got is, it’s probably triple the volume and totally different acoustics,” in Little Caesars Arena, Wilson said.

“It would be more like a beep, you know? As opposed to what we’re used to.

“So, we just made the decision to tape the sound, which we did over the summer, and magnify it, so it would be as close to the sound that people remember.”

“I don’t notice a big difference,” he said. “I noticed on opening night, we kind of amped it up a little bit more and it was very much like the old horn to me.”

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, Doc Holliday said:

I was at the home opener and one of the preseason games and I contend it sounds different.

See above

Just to remind everyone, Budd Lynches voice was a recording too.

They don't use it at LCA unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, juiceman said:

Agreed on the horn, I think it only sounds different on TV due to the acoustics of the arena.  I've been to three games there & did not think it sounded any different than at the Joe.

But does it melt ur Snow Cone? If not Jersey's is better.