• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Next GM

Rate this topic

Unless the wheels fall off in TB there's no reason for Yzerman to leave.  There'd be more pressure and he'd be taking over a team in need of a rebuild filled with bad contracts here.  DItto for Nill.  I'm assuming Fedorov likes in in his home country, or he'd have stayed in the US.

I'm 100% convinced that it will be Martin and/or Draper filling the GM role and Holland will be giving "suggestions" as the president.

14 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Unless the wheels fall off in TB there's no reason for Yzerman to leave.  There'd be more pressure and he'd be taking over a team in need of a rebuild filled with bad contracts here.  DItto for Nill.  I'm assuming Fedorov likes in in his home country, or he'd have stayed in the US.

I'm 100% convinced that it will be Martin and/or Draper filling the GM role and Holland will be giving "suggestions" as the president.

Ehh not sure if he's a Datsyuk. Thought he said in the HoF thing his mom still lives here and he has a house here too. If there's any Russian that would come to North America to work it would probably be Fedorov. 

Edited by kickazz

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Would rather have Feds as Asst GM to start with. Don't know why Yzerman wouldn't want to come here. I think this would be a more coveted place to be a GM than TB being an original 6 team and a legit hockey market and all. I would think there would be several current GMs who would want to come here. Poile, Nill come to mind. I definitely think Stevie would want to come here and I think that may always have been the plan. But then again I thought Steve Alford was a shoe in for the IU Basketball head coaching job when Creen got let go, so what do I know.

Pros
Detroit is original 6
Previous experience in Detroit as assistant GM
Fans will love it (initially)

Cons
Abandoning the team he built in Tampa
Detroit is rebuilding
Tampa Bay is a cup contender
He risks destroying his reputation in Detroit if he disappoints

The original 6 attraction is way overblow. Winning is what matters to these GMs. Tampa Bay is in a better position for that. The biggest thing I think is risking his Detroit reputation though. If he retires as Lightning GM 10 years from now he will still go on as a Detroit legend for all time. If he comes here and the team continues to suck he will forever tarnish his legend status like Sakic has done in Colorado. That reason alone would keep me away from Detroit if I was him.

18 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I'm with Kick on this one. Feds is the exact opposite of Datsyuk. He loves the states and I believed he's expressed interest in returning full-time. He only left because the Russian powers that be wanted him to run the top Russian team.

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pros
Detroit is original 6
Previous experience in Detroit as assistant GM
Fans will love it (initially)

Cons
Abandoning the team he built in Tampa
Detroit is rebuilding
Tampa Bay is a cup contender
He risks destroying his reputation in Detroit if he disappoints

The original 6 attraction is way overblow. Winning is what matters to these GMs. Tampa Bay is in a better position for that. The biggest thing I think is risking his Detroit reputation though. If he retires as Lightning GM 10 years from now he will still go on as a Detroit legend for all time. If he comes here and the team continues to suck he will forever tarnish his legend status like Sakic has done in Colorado. That reason alone would keep me away from Detroit if I was him.

I'm with Kick on this one. Feds is the exact opposite of Datsyuk. He loves the states and I believed he's expressed interest in returning full-time. He only left because the Russian powers that be wanted him to run the top Russian team.

Has Sakic tarnished his legacy in Colorado among fans?  I don't follow their franchise or its fanbase, so I don't know if that's true.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yup. He and Roy led a pretty decent team down into the gutter. The Duchene debacle has gotten pretty bad now too.

But like... Patrick Roy was bound to do this. The guy has the personality of a demon 

Yzerman is too good of a guy for people to hate. I feel like he would be like Gretzky. Gretzky failed in Arizona but people still love the guy. 

Sakic is just a knock off version of Yzerman anyway. 

That said doubt Yzerman comes here. And I don't think Yzerman is good enough to fix our issues.  

55 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fedorov was one of the most americanized Russian hockey players. Dated Tara Reid ffs the symbol of mid 2000s american trash. She's right up there with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton of that era. 

Edited by kickazz

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Fedorov was one of the most americanized Russian hockey players. Dated Tara Reid ffs the symbol of mid 2000s american trash. She's right up there with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton of that era. 

What u talking about Tara is a fine hot established actress, past and present. One of her recent accomplishments was in Sharknado. You must be delusional.

I urge moderators to mark this operator as blasphemous and inciting unruliness.

Edited by Jacksoni

4 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

What u talking about Tara is a fine hot established actress, past and present. One of her recent accomplishment was in Sharknado. You must be delusional.

I urge moderators to mark this operator as blasphemous and inciting unruliness.

Ahh wait I see the meaning behind your post. 

Sharknado was so epic. 

Edited by kickazz

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

But like... Patrick Roy was bound to do this. The guy has the personality of a demon 

Yzerman is too good of a guy for people to hate. I feel like he would be like Gretzky. Gretzky failed in Arizona but people still love the guy. 

Sakic is just a knock off version of Yzerman anyway. 

That said doubt Yzerman comes here. And I don't think Yzerman is good enough to fix our issues.  

Like you wouldn't have done that?  

For the record, I dont think Yzerman will come here. But for those asking the question "why would he want to come here?" you are forgetting one major reason, money.

There is no cap on GM's, who's to say if Holland steps down that the Illitch's dont offer Yzerman 50% more then what he is making now, it is possible. I would have to guess the budget in Detroit is bigger then the budget in TB.

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nope, always have been and always will be LeftWinger...ive never had 2 accounts. But some folks on the other hand...

I'm still pissed that my Crymson account was banned.  

Just now, kliq said:

For the record, I dont think Yzerman will come here. But for those asking the question "why would he want to come here?" you are forgetting one major reason, money.

There is no cap on GM's, who's to say if Holland steps down that the Illitch's dont offer Yzerman 50% more then what he is making now, it is possible. I would have to guess the budget in Detroit is bigger then the budget in TB.

"I don't know why they're not coming here"

- Ken Holland

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

It is about a new GM. We need a new GM to sweep it all away and what I posted is what the new GM needs to do. The example of our pp unit is just a prime example as to why Blashill needs to be swept aside by that new GM. We need a new GM that has no ties or loyalty to these players and coaches.

Here is the problem, you are assuming that the new GM will want to make major changes, but that is not a given. You are also assuming that a GM from within will not make any, also an assumption.

Fact of the matter is none of us know the mindset of any potential GM's. We are all just guessing. This is why all I want is the most qualified candidate. Do I know who that is? No. Hopefully the hiring committee does (if Holland steps down which I do not think he will do).

Its not Hollands option to "step down" his contract is up. Its ownerships option to re-sign him or not. "Stepping down" makes it sound like he is still under contract and decides to cease being GM. 

Now, if he's like to "step down" this season, I'm all for that!

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Its not Hollands option to "step down" his contract is up. Its ownerships option to re-sign him or not. "Stepping down" makes it sound like he is still under contract and decides to cease being GM. 

Now, if he's like to "step down" this season, I'm all for that!

Sorry, would stepping aside work for you?

I believe that if Holland wants back in, he's back in. I also believe the only way Holland is not back as GM is if he doesn't not want the job anymore, I just can't see Chris Illitch telling Holland that his services are no longer needed as GM.

I think Holland will be back because of the fans that give him s***. 5 years ago, Holland's legacy was one of the greatest GM's of all time....now half of the fans want his head. I think Holland will want to prove himself and attempt to win another cup.

Not saying I want this, just what I believe is going to happen.

44 minutes ago, kliq said:

Sorry, would stepping aside work for you?

I believe that if Holland wants back in, he's back in. I also believe the only way Holland is not back as GM is if he doesn't not want the job anymore, I just can't see Chris Illitch telling Holland that his services are no longer needed as GM.

I think Holland will be back because of the fans that give him s***. 5 years ago, Holland's legacy was one of the greatest GM's of all time....now half of the fans want his head. I think Holland will want to prove himself and attempt to win another cup.

Not saying I want this, just what I believe is going to happen.

If i was management one of my biggest concerns would be releasing a legendary GM, then having him go to another team and go beast mode like Lam did to NJ. I mean, the Wings just got burned by Babs and to settle for Blash. Are they willing to do that again? Doubt it. 

39 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I think that's a verbal contract between 2 consenting adults for some fellatio in exchange for 10 Benjamins. I'm assuming...

What did nerve mean by this?