• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Next GM

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

But like... Patrick Roy was bound to do this. The guy has the personality of a demon 

Yzerman is too good of a guy for people to hate. I feel like he would be like Gretzky. Gretzky failed in Arizona but people still love the guy. 

Sakic is just a knock off version of Yzerman anyway. 

That said doubt Yzerman comes here. And I don't think Yzerman is good enough to fix our issues.  

Fedorov was one of the most americanized Russian hockey players. Dated Tara Reid ffs the symbol of mid 2000s american trash. She's right up there with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton of that era. 

Yep, Stevie could crap an octopus on center ice during the national anthem while in a drunken stupor and wearing a Patrick Roy jersey and Wings fans would still love him. He would really be in a no lose situation if he came here. Just curious, does anyone think he would be as loathed as Holland if he had made the exact same moves as GM? I don't.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Tara Reid, pre-wolverine chewed up nipple, go on job, was actually pretty hot! Horrible, Horrible actress, but natural body, pretty sexy! 

Sorry, Tara Reid was never hot.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep, Stevie could crap an octopus on center ice during the national anthem while in a drunken stupor and wearing a Patrick Roy jersey and Wings fans would still love him. He would really be in a no lose situation if he came here. Just curious, does anyone think he would be as loathed as Holland if he had made the exact same moves as GM? I don't.

Sorry, Tara Reid was never hot.

she was pretty hot in American Pie.  Then she went overboard on the plastic surgery

On 10/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

After Holland is gone and moves up, sooner or later, who's next?

The shoe-in seems to Draper, however he has only been around during the demise of the Red Wings front office.

Yzerman is the long shot that most fans want, but does he really want to come here and risk destroying his HOF reputation in Detroit like Sakic has done in Colorado?

But what about the dark horse, and the real reason I'm starting this thread, Sergei Fedorov? He is currently GM of CSKA Moscow and from what I understand he's done well. Putin basically charged him with returning Moscow to Red Army glory (if that's even possible). His contract as GM of CSKA just so happens to be up at same time as Kenny's. He's expressed interest in being a GM in North America. I believe he has also stated that at that point, he would like to reside in US full time. In the last year the Wings have openly discussed that they need to think about putting 91 in the rafters, and at the time, it seemed like those statements came out of nowhere.

So what if we retired 91 and appointed him GM after Holland? Anyone like this idea?

So Draper is listed as "Special Assistant 'to the' General Manager". Where is that in the hierarchy of the front office? Is he Assisstant GM? What exactly does he do? Was that just something they made up to give him a front office job? Wasn't that Dwight Schroot's title on "The Office"? Doesn't Jiri Fischer hold the same position (Director of Player Development) that Holland had before he was Assistant GM? Don't think he is a serious candidate yet, but could promotion to Assistant GM a possibility? I have so many questions, I need answers!

On 10/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, kickazz said:

My god it's disgusting how skinny she is. 

I was right the first time. She looks like an Olsen twin. Not good.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:34 PM, DickieDunn said:

she was pretty hot in American Pie.  Then she went overboard on the plastic surgery

Naa. Shannon Elizabeth was the true beauty of that movie.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I was right the first time. She looks like an Olsen twin. Not good.

Naa. Shannon Elizabeth was the true beauty of that movie.

Naaaaa, Mena Suvari!

Honestly though, I was a big fan of Alyson Hannigan. Out of the Michelle character she is so nice!

Edited by LeftWinger

Is anyone else thinking that we should replace the head coach before the GM? Seeing as how the head coach has a lot of input in personnel decisions, I fear that a rookie GM (Draper for example) might listen too much to Blashill's input. Unless its a veteran head coach like a Hitchcock, Babcock, Tippcock, etc then I would be more comfortable with it. If the new GM is a someone like a Lamoriello or Burke than the head coach would matter less I guess.

22 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Is anyone else thinking that we should replace the head coach before the GM? Seeing as how the head coach has a lot of input in personnel decisions, I fear that a rookie GM (Draper for example) might listen too much to Blashill's input. Unless its a veteran head coach like a Hitchcock, Babcock, Tippcock, etc then I would be more comfortable with it. If the new GM is a someone like a Lamoriello or Burke than the head coach would matter less I guess.

Promote Ken Holland to some advisoral administrative role. Get a Veteran GM that wears knucklebusters and a pocket knife 24/7 while at the same time holding a Masters degree in business or organizational theory.

Dispatch Blashill through means of offering him the Griffins back, or walk. Don't hire a coach, hire a team, consisting of a coach together with advanced statistical analytics support whom in tandem have a proven record. Your long term winning should start fairly quickly.

New times ahead. Have to use the tools that science has given. Coming from someone who still watches the odd CAN - CCCP game from the 70's.

Edited by Jacksoni

34 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Promote Ken Holland to some advisoral administrative role. Get a Veteran GM that wears knucklebusters and a pocket knife 24/7 while at the same time holding a Masters degree in business or organizational theory.

Dispatch Blashill through means of offering him the Griffins back, or walk. Don't hire a coach, hire a team, consisting of a coach together with advanced statistical analytics support whom in tandem have a proven record. Your long term winning should start fairly quickly.

New times ahead. Have to use the tools that science has given. Coming from someone who still watches the odd CAN - CCCP game from the 70's.

You have to wonder what the person who invented science would think about this. I doubt he expected his humble invention to be used for hockey.