• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

2017-18 Lines Thread

Rate this topic

BlueAdams lines thread, GET IN HERE!

So this lineup is not what I'd like to see, but is lines based on playing time per game so far this year:

Tatar - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Larkin - Mantha
Helm - Nielsen - Frk
Booth - Sheahan - Glendening
Witkowski

Daley - Green
Dekeyser - Kronwall
Ericsson - Ouellet
Jensen

The big takeaways from this I see are:

1. Larkin is getting significant more ice time this year. Up about 3 minutes a game from last year. Only forward with more ice time a game is Zetterberg, and he only trails Zberg by a little over a minute. That pretty huge considering the work horse ice time Zberg gets. Seems like Blashill finally trusts Larkin to be a 2C.

2. There's a big drop in ice time after Zetterberg, Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin, and Abdelkader... with Mantha appearing to be the 6th forward in the top 6 (for now). It looks like the top 5 are solidified, but I could see any of Frk, Helm, Nielsen cycling up into Mantha's spot when Blashill juggles.

3. Nielsen and Sheahan, for how much they get paid, are playing s*** for minutes.

4. Daley and Green appear to be are most trusted defenders and are playing significantly more than the rest of the D. Daley was a good signing for this team.

5. Blashill has barely played AA at all, and the guy looks invisible out there, what's going on there?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

BlueAdams lines thread, GET IN HERE!

So this lineup is not what I'd like to see, but is lines based on playing time per game so far this year:

Tatar - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Larkin - Mantha
Helm - Nielsen - Frk

Booth - Sheahan - Glendening
Witkowski

Daley - Green
Dekeyser - Kronwall
Ericsson - Ouellet
Jensen

you call those...

large.DrBlashill.jpg.f90e95c0c6667f5c6e72138b3a681071.jpg

I know they* won't make it happen, but

Mantha - Larkin - Nyq/Tats

Abby - Z - Nyq/Tats

Frk - Nielsen - Helm

*Swedish Mafia.

Edited by NerveDamage

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Hell, when is the last time Blue posted? REALLY odd a couple of you guys who are fairly new in comparison even know of BlueAdams and his infamous lines threads. I'll have to say it sheds light on things! :ninja:

Don't tell anyone, but I'm number9

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Hell, when is the last time Blue posted? REALLY odd a couple of you guys who are fairly new in comparison even know of BlueAdams and his infamous lines threads. I'll have to say it sheds light on things! :ninja:

I've been here since 2004 and I've hated every minute of it. Well, except for blueadams. May he rest in peace.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Did the guy behind the BlueAdams account actually die?

Pretty sure Dabs is joking lol his constant lines threads made him the running joke that he still is, so he probably just moved on elsewhere.

Legend has it he's still shuffling lines to this day...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty sure Dabs is joking lol his constant lines threads made him the running joke that he still is, so he probably just moved on elsewhere.

Legend has it he's still shuffling lines to this day...

This.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have visited this site as a guest for years before I actually signed up. Started coming here when the Wings forum at Detroit news online went away. I remember seeing BlueAdams, The Axe, Number9, Banned for Life, Frankgrimes and many others (Crymson too) that pop up from time to time when CRL resurrects old threads. Always assumed they were still here using other aliases. I always loved FlashyG's work here. The one with Holland, Babcock and I think Quincey and Cleary? in the car is pure genious. Some I still see listed as being signed in, but they don't post anymore, which is sad cuz this site is so much better the more variety of members there is. If any of you are reading this, please come back.

Larkin now has 7 assists in 7 games. Last season it took him 51 games to get his 7th assist.

I think Larkin was holding on to the puck for way too long last season and trying to do everything himself. Looks like that part of his game is gone, and is paying off. The extra ice time helps too

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Larkin now has 7 assists in 7 games. Last season it took him 51 games to get his 7th assist.

I think Larkin was holding on to the puck for way too long last season and trying to do everything himself. Looks like that part of his game is gone, and is paying off. The extra ice time helps too

My biggest concern with him was his playmaking ability, or perceived lack thereof. So seeing him making plays and racking up assists is making me very happy.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

he certainly has matured 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Replace two of Booth/Witkowski, Sheahan, Glendening with Svechbro Jr. and Alcoholics Anonymous and we might actually have a playoff-worthy forward group.

Our lines after Christmas...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha

Tatar - Larkin - Athanasiou

Svechnikov - Nielsen - Frk

Bertuzzi - Helm - Abdelkader

Just don't look at the defense...

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Our lines after Christmas...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha

Tatar - Larkin - Athanasiou

Svechnikov - Nielsen - Frk

Bertuzzi - Helm - Abdelkader

Just don't look at the defense...

I'm thinking the same thing, except switch around AA and Svechnikov.

Nyquist  Zetterberg  Mantha
Tatar  Larkin  Svechnikov
Athanasiou  Nielsen  Frk
Abdelkader  Helm  Glendening

DeKeyser  Daley
Ericsson  Green
Ouellet  Jensen

I thought Svechnikov showed some good chemistry with Larkin in that Ottawa game last season. I love that he loves crashing the net and stomping around in goalies' kitchens and just generally mucking it up in all those dirty places in the o-zone where the Wings tend to lose a lot of battles for pucks and positioning. He's like a bigger Tatar in that sense. I think we need more of that in the top six. Tatar-Larkin-Svechnikov could be really effective on the forecheck and the cycle.

Athanasiou-Nielsen-Frk would, in theory, be like Athanasiou-Nielsen-Vanek. The problem with the Athanasiou-Nielsen-Vanek line was that Vanek and Athanasiou had to be sheltered...and yet at the same time we needed that line to be a solid, formidable second line. Now that Nielsen's been bumped down to 3C and Larkin is playing big minutes, the sheltering thing isn't as much of a concern.

I left Bertuzzi out because one of Booth/Witkowski, Sheahan, Glendening will always be in the lineup. And, to be honest, I was really disappointed with Bertuzzi's preseason performance, so I don't feel too bad about leaving him out.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm thinking the same thing, except switch around AA and Svechnikov.

Nyquist  Zetterberg  Mantha
Tatar  Larkin  Svechnikov
Athanasiou  Nielsen  Frk
Abdelkader  Helm  Glendening

DeKeyser  Daley
Ericsson  Green
Ouellet  Jensen

I thought Svechnikov showed some good chemistry with Larkin in that Ottawa game last season. I love that he loves crashing the net and stomping around in goalies' kitchens and just generally mucking it up in all those dirty places in the o-zone where the Wings tend to lose a lot of battles for pucks and positioning. He's like a bigger Tatar in that sense. I think we need more of that in the top six. Tatar-Larkin-Svechnikov could be really effective on the forecheck and the cycle.

Athanasiou-Nielsen-Frk would, in theory, be like Athanasiou-Nielsen-Vanek. The problem with the Athanasiou-Nielsen-Vanek line was that Vanek and Athanasiou had to be sheltered...and yet at the same time we needed that line to be a solid, formidable second line. Now that Nielsen's been bumped down to 3C and Larkin is playing big minutes, the sheltering thing isn't as much of a concern.

I left Bertuzzi out because one of Booth/Witkowski, Sheahan, Glendening will always be in the lineup. And, to be honest, I was really disappointed with Bertuzzi's preseason performance, so I don't feel too bad about leaving him out.

I really like those lines. You have 3 lines that can score. You have size and speed spread throughout all 4 lines. Who are you keeping as 13/14th forwards? Wit and Sheahan and send down Booth since he's on a 2 way? (assuming you can fit 14 under the cap)

I am always concerned with seeing Helm at center. I know he was a really good 3C earlier in his career, but he was always having injuries back then. Always wondered if it was because of greater wear and tear playing center. It seems like he became much more durable when he was moved to wing. Maybe switch Glendening and Helm?

Not that it changes much, but is Kronwall your 7th D or are you figuring an injury? As long as he can skate, I think he's a better option with Green than Ericsson.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:48 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have visited this site as a guest for years before I actually signed up. Started coming here when the Wings forum at Detroit news online went away. I remember seeing BlueAdams, The Axe, Number9, Banned for Life, Frankgrimes and many others (Crymson too) that pop up from time to time when CRL resurrects old threads. Always assumed they were still here using other aliases. I always loved FlashyG's work here. The one with Holland, Babcock and I think Quincey and Cleary? in the car is pure genious. Some I still see listed as being signed in, but they don't post anymore, which is sad cuz this site is so much better the more variety of members there is. If any of you are reading this, please come back.

I miss esteef around here :D 

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I really like those lines. You have 3 lines that can score. You have size and speed spread throughout all 4 lines. Who are you keeping as 13/14th forwards? Wit and Sheahan and send down Booth since he's on a 2 way? (assuming you can fit 14 under the cap)

I am always concerned with seeing Helm at center. I know he was a really good 3C earlier in his career, but he was always having injuries back then. Always wondered if it was because of greater wear and tear playing center. It seems like he became much more durable when he was moved to wing. Maybe switch Glendening and Helm?

Not that it changes much, but is Kronwall your 7th D or are you figuring an injury? As long as he can skate, I think he's a better option with Green than Ericsson.

I don't really have a strong preference re: who I'd keep as the two spare forwards. TBH, I didn't put any thought into that part of it. :hehe:

Helm has always played kind of a reckless game. I don't think playing center makes him more likely to be injured, though I suppose that's a possibility, since a centerman has more responsibility than a winger and has to do more skating. I'm kind of "Eh, whatever" regarding the fourth line, don't really care if it's Helm or Glendening playing center. I think Helm is the better centerman and the better winger, for what it's worth. But it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm guessing Kronwall hits LTIR at some point in the season and quite possibly for the rest of the season. His legs are completely gone, he has zero lateral mobility, and he holds back the power play. I'd honestly much rather have Ericsson in the lineup.