• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

2017-18 Lines Thread

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I don't like Nyquist right and would move him down.

AA - Z - Mantha

Tatar - Larkin - Frk

Nyquist - Nielsen - Wilson

Abby - Glenn - Helm

10,000,000 spent on 4th liners..my oh my..

LOL, did the Robitaille, Holmstrom, Larionov line even make that much?

Blashill seems to have regressed back to his old ways. Here are the times on ice from some of our bigger players in last nights game:

Zetterberg - 21:07

Abdelkader - 21:03

Nielsen - 19:01

Larkin - 17:58

Helm - 17:35

Nyquist - 17:04

Tatar - 16:55

Mantha - 14:47

Athanasiou - 11:38

Glendenning - 9:59

Frk - 8:20

I understand Nielsen was having a good game, so he deserved the extra ice time, but Abby should not be playing over 20 minutes a night. On top of this, Mantha, Larkin, and Frk seem to have their ice time decreasing while Helm's increased.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Blashill seems to have regressed back to his old ways. Here are the times on ice from some of our bigger players in last nights game:

Zetterberg - 21:07

Abdelkader - 21:03

Nielsen - 19:01

Larkin - 17:58

Helm - 17:35

Nyquist - 17:04

Tatar - 16:55

Mantha - 14:47

Athanasiou - 11:38

Glendenning - 9:59

Frk - 8:20

I understand Nielsen was having a good game, so he deserved the extra ice time, but Abby should not be playing over 20 minutes a night. On top of this, Mantha, Larkin, and Frk seem to have their ice time decreasing while Helm's increased.

Nielsen had 4.33 min on PK so out of his 19 min only 15 was PP/Even strength. Standard.

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Mantha

AA-Larkin-Frk

Tatar-Nielsen-Abdelkader

Wilson-Helm-Glendening

Three scoring lines and a checking line.

Blashill's ideal lines:

Helm-Zetterberg-Abdelkader

then 9 Glendening clones

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True, and Abby got a buncha PP time too I believe 

Which is a problem.  

Id try 

tatar Larkin mantha 

AA zetterberg frk

abdelkader  Nielsen nyquist

wilson helm glendening 

z is 37 and should drop down a line and drop a few minutes while playing with AA and frk and have them learn from being around him , mantha and Larkin are ready for bigger roles 

Just because Z may center a 2nd line, doesn't really mean his ice time will diminish, he plays on the PP and PK as well.  Most important thing is Abby and Helm need to be bottom 6, AA and Frk need to be top 6. No matter where they line up with Z, Larkin and Mantha.  Tatar and Nyquist are interchangeable so top 6 or bottom for either doesn't matter to me.

AA - Z - Mantha

Nyquist/Tatar - Larkin - Frk

No way in hell or God's green earth should Abby and Helm be seeing top 6! I don't care what their salary is!

Basically Blashill needs to go, there is no doubt.  He is the problem and the reason that is causing all these players to have worse and worse seasons. Tatar and Nyquist have really suffered under him, not so much in ice time and utilization, but points. I think whatever system Blashill is teaching these players, just causes them to regress.  I always go back to when Larkin came out of the gate like a gang-buster in his rookie season, he was in ROY talk, but then as Blashill slowly taught Dylan to play HIS system, Larkin got worse and worse and worse...same goes for all of these players. Nielsen is far better than what he is producing, they all are.  It's all because of the system Blashill is making them play, it's really hurting them. He needs to go tonight, today, now! I don't know how Ilitch stands for it. Have some pride Chris, your team is laying big poops on the history of this franchise! Under Blashill we went from barely making the playoffs because Boston lost the last game, to missing the playoffs, to possibly not even winning 25 games this year. Then we still won't get Dahlin because the luck will fall to someone else again.

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just because Z may center a 2nd line, doesn't really mean his ice time will diminish, he plays on the PP and PK as well.  Most important thing is Abby and Helm need to be bottom 6, AA and Frk need to be top 6. No matter where they line up with Z, Larkin and Mantha.  Tatar and Nyquist are interchangeable so top 6 or bottom for either doesn't matter to me.

AA - Z - Mantha

Nyquist/Tatar - Larkin - Frk

No way in hell or God's green earth should Abby and Helm be seeing top 6! I don't care what their salary is!

Basically Blashill needs to go, there is no doubt.  He is the problem and the reason that is causing all these players to have worse and worse seasons. Tatar and Nyquist have really suffered under him, not so much in ice time and utilization, but points. I think whatever system Blashill is teaching these players, just causes them to regress.  I always go back to when Larkin came out of the gate like a gang-buster in his rookie season, he was in ROY talk, but then as Blashill slowly taught Dylan to play HIS system, Larkin got worse and worse and worse...same goes for all of these players. Nielsen is far better than what he is producing, they all are.  It's all because of the system Blashill is making them play, it's really hurting them. He needs to go tonight, today, now! I don't know how Ilitch stands for it. Have some pride Chris, your team is laying big poops on the history of this franchise! Under Blashill we went from barely making the playoffs because Boston lost the last game, to missing the playoffs, to possibly not even winning 25 games this year. Then we still won't get Dahlin because the luck will fall to someone else again.

2E68EE1E-5036-44B2-8242-DBC78431186A.png

Well it's confirmed, Jeff is reading LGW

Blashill Done 'Playing With Lines' - FREEP

“I’ve played with the lines a lot,” Blashill said. “I’m done playing with the lines. The lines are the lines and the guys on those lines have to step up and make plays. We’ve got guys that have been elite in this league step up and be elite. Lots of times in these games it comes down to a player making a play. We need guys, and we have them. They need to step up and make plays.”

Per the article, these are our lines for our foreseeable future with some explanations as well.

Tatar - Zberg - Nyquist
AA - Larkin - Mantha (speed line)
Helm - Nielsen - Abby (shut down line, will play against opposing top lines)
Wilson - Glendening - Frk
Booth/Witkowski (subbing into the 4th line now and then)

Blashill said the lines would be together “for the foreseeable future.” It didn’t sound like it would be short-term (barring injuries, of course) and that thrilled the young stars.

“It is good knowing that they are going to stay,” Larkin said. “He said it in front of everyone and he is not one to go against his word. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. I’m excited to play with these two guys.

“We want to be impact players,” Mantha said. “We don’t want to be seen as kids. All three of us together, I think we can create a lot of offense.”

Telling players he is done changing lines is a different tactic for Blashill.

“As a coach, you try to help guys,” he said. “And sometimes they have to help themselves.

How bad does it get before Blash starts juggling again? lol

In all seriousness though, I like the lines, especially the speed line. Frk is a rookie and will just have to suck it up for now.

I'm happy he says he's going to stop shuffling lines. I don't believe it though. I don't like that top line with Nyquist and Tatar on it. I don't think they work well together. Love the kid line. Not a fan of the third line, but I guess it's a decent "shut down" line. Frk should be in the top 9. He can't help that line and that line can't help him. Like many before him, it's setting him up to fail. It's only a matter of time before he's scratched and possibly even waived in favor of Witkowski...

Meh, I'd love to see Svechnikov up with the big club, but I'm quite content with him down in GR for now. He scored his first goal (point) of the season tonight. He should be dominating down there the way Mantha was at the beginning of last season. He's only played 4 games, and he's coming off a neck injury. Let him get back up to speed, and see if he can put together a string of games where he can dominate. 20 games in, I'd like to see him at or close to a point per game pace. See how it goes...

14 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I'd love to see Svechnikov up with the big club, but I'm quite content with him down in GR for now. He scored his first goal (point) of the season tonight. He should be dominating down there the way Mantha was at the beginning of last season. He's only played 4 games, and he's coming off a neck injury. Let him get back up to speed, and see if he can put together a string of games where he can dominate. 20 games in, I'd like to see him at or close to a point per game pace. See how it goes...

No! I want instant gratification and I want it NOW!

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree.  I don't want Blashidiot coaching him into a grinder.

Frk on a checking line is as useful as Jiri Hudler lining up at LT for the Lions.  He can't play a grinding role and the grinders can't get him the puck where he needs it.  Either play him with scorers or bench him.