• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/20 GDT - Red Wings vs Capitals - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

disappointing finish to a mostly good game

wish AA could've been FedExed or something to the arena tonight, could've used his speed

keep your heads up boys and get ready for Sunday!

5 minutes ago, Y19 said:

almost have to start asking if he even played, been invisible so far

2 minutes ago, GoWings! said:

Mrazek isn't good at all, defense sucks. Goodnight. 

Yeah Mrazek sucked tonight. Maybe one goal was him taking a chance, the rest were not stoppable, especially when your a man short in OT and Ovie gets a wide open one timer off.

Helm scores a goal, but he should have had two. Empty net miss. Game was lost because of that and stupid late penalty. 

Im happy with a point from Washington. This could have been a slaughter.

Mrazek’s GAA jumped from 2.98 to 3.24 after tonight? Wow.

15 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

Heeeeeelm!!!!!

200.gif

I didn't want to say it at the time, but when he missed the empty net I knew the game was lost.

I've concluded that Helm is a liability in high-pressure late-game situations where he has to use his brain and react quickly and intelligently. This is a thing going all the way back to that pivotal blown Tampa game in the 2015 playoffs. People point to Glendening's absence being the reason the Bolts won that game, but they forget that Helm had possession deep in the o-zone, tried to get fancy, coughed the puck up, and...well, the Bolts went the other way and tied it up, and then went on to win it in OT. More recently, he had a big hand in that blown lead in Ottawa.

We played a solid game overall. The Caps are the more talented team, pound-for-pound, and that edge was the difference. Same with the Tampa and Toronto games. We're probably going to have to suffer through a looooot of these so-close-yet-so-far games this season.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I didn't want to say it at the time, but when he missed the empty net I knew the game was lost.

I've concluded that Helm is a liability in high-pressure late-game situations where he has to use his brain and react quickly and intelligently. This is a thing going all the way back to that pivotal blown Tampa game in the 2015 playoffs. People point to Glendening's absence being the reason the Bolts won that game, but they forget that Helm had possession deep in the o-zone, tried to get fancy, coughed the puck up, and...well, the Bolts went the other way and tied it up, and then went on to win it in OT. More recently, he had a big hand in that blown lead in Ottawa.

We played a solid game overall. The Caps are the more talented team, pound-for-pound, and that edge was the difference. Same with the Tampa and Toronto games. We're probably going to have to suffer through a looooot of these so-close-yet-so-far games this season.

well, you can't miss those, otherwise...

m1.gif?w=650

gotta go for the kill.