• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/20 GDT - Red Wings vs Capitals - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Mrazek looked pretty disappointed there in the post game. Probly wants to give Helm a kick in the ass.

Its not Helm's fault we lost, his miss was one of many things that went wrong. Right off the top of my head, there was Larkin shooting the puck over the boards with 2min left, Yes, Helm missing the empty net, Mazek taking a chance he shouldn't have and allowing the Caps to tie, Daley taking a penalty in OT rather then just trusting Mrazek to make the stop, and of course the winner (though I give Mrazek a pass there).

Just now, kliq said:

Its not Helm's fault we lost, his miss was one of many things that went wrong. Right off the top of my head, there was Larkin shooting the puck over the boards with 2min left, Yes, Helm missing the empty net, Mazek taking a chance he shouldn't have and allowing the Caps to tie, Daley taking a penalty in OT rather then just trusting Mrazek to make the stop, and of course the winner (though I give Mrazek a pass there).

Oh I agree. Just jokin around. Hell of a game by Mrazek though. Watching the run through of his stops in the post game, he really wanted this one. Hope he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Oh I agree. Just jokin around. Hell of a game by Mrazek though. Watching the run through of his stops in the post game, he really wanted this one. Hope he keeps it up.

There is nothing more I want then for Mrazek to take back the starting job. It is going to be so much better for us if he can become "the guy" AND Howard plays well enough to up his trade value.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Only point of the week in the only game he started. 

I don't think he was defending Howard's play this week either but it's clear to see that Mrazek just isn't that good. 

That game tying goal is just a typical Red Wings in their own end comedy of errors. We are going to play a lot of one goal games this year and how we do will depends on cutting that dumb sh*t out of our game. 

14 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I don't think he was defending Howard's play this week either but it's clear to see that Mrazek just isn't that good. 

That game tying goal is just a typical Red Wings in their own end comedy of errors. We are going to play a lot of one goal games this year and how we do will depends on cutting that dumb sh*t out of our game. 

Wasn’t cutting down Howard with my reply either. He’s been great, besides Wed. Fact is, last nights game coulda been a lot worse of a loss had Petr played his sloppy, out of control style. But he didn’t. He looked completely different. If he keeps it up, good. I know the majority feeling about him here, but at least give the man some credit for great games. 

20 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Wasn’t cutting down Howard with my reply either. He’s been great, besides Wed. Fact is, last nights game coulda been a lot worse of a loss had Petr played his sloppy, out of control style. But he didn’t. He looked completely different. If he keeps it up, good. I know the majority feeling about him here, but at least give the man some credit for great games. 

No. Howard never got credit back in the day and neither will Mrazek. 

Howard haters made their bed a long time ago. Now they have to lay in it; with the Mrazek haters. 

Edited by kickazz

How about Holtby tho. Boy is he awful. Let in 3 goals against the Detroit Red Wings. They don’t even have an Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, or Oshie, so there is no excuse for him to let in 3 goals. They should trade him or send him down to the minors cause he ******* sucks.

This goalie argument is just stupid at this point. Both Howard and Petr have been fine this year. If this team doesn’t stop turning the puck over and making mental mistakes they are going to get lit up no matter how well they are playing. 

Im still trying to figure out what XO was doing on the game tying goal. He went for a big hit just inside the zone and missed horribly which is what led to Oshie being unmarked in the slot. Smart play on a 6v4. 

Edited by BinMucker94

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Friday's game was typical Mrazek. He'll make some big saves, usually they end look looking bigger than they are because he's always so out of position, but night after night he'll over commit or get himself out of position and give up an easy goal. It may not happen literally every time he plays, but it always happens. Not saying or defense was stellar, but Mrazek isn't making saves when our defense breaks down, which a good goalie needs to do in this league.

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Haha if you say so. Some just can’t give credit where it’s due. Simple as that.

I'll give Mzarek credit the second he puts together a solid season where he doesn't give up 3/4 goals every game. I'm not for or against Mrazek or Howard - I just want the better goalie to play.

Edited by Z and D for the C