• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

2018-19

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

It might've been another poster that said trade XO and send down Jensen i know i saw it somewhere.

Sorry dude it was kickazz that mentioned trading XO and sending down Jensen if i made any reference towards you i apologize got the wrong person here.

Glad we agree. 

XO and Jensen are two of the most forgettable D-men in the league. The only reason they exist is because we havent drafted any decent Dmen in almost 20 years other than Quincey, Ericsson, and Smith. All of which are barely decent. Both should either be signed to short cheap contracts or let go.

I know its not the best idea, but this season Jimmy's NTC is a Modified one, he can list 10 teams that he would be willing to go to.  If we really want to "Tank for Dahlin" I think we should start looking to get rid of some contracts that are tradable now. I know NTC's can be waived by the player at anytime, maybe Holland should sit down with all of our NTC/NMC guys and explain to them that he wants to give them the best shot at winning and would trade them to a team with a much better chance to win if they just waived their clause for him.

Mike Green and Helm to Edmonton for picks

Tatar does not have a NTC until next season, but Nyquist does now.  I would actively shop Tatar because he is tradable at the moment, if no interest then I would ask Nyquist about waiving his. I wouldn't mind trading both!

I know Nielsen has a NMC, and I still think he is a very good bottom 6 center (plus he may be a little influence on the possibility of JT coming here. I'd hold on to him just for that reason. If JT doesn't come here next summer, then I'd trade Nielsen. His contract next summer becomes a M-NTC to include a list of 10 teams he WON'T accept a trade to.)

Kronwall is on a M-NTC right now, but he isn't going anywhere, he'd just retire if Holland asked him for his list of 10 teams he'd go to.

Ericsson as a full NTC this season, the last 2 season are M-NTC in which he submits 19 teams he won't accept a trade to.  I'd ask him now if he'd do us the favor of waiving the NTC and shop him around to contenders in order to get him the best chance to win a Cup.  If he refuses, then next season I will have him submit his list of 19 and send him to whichever of the 12 others that will take him, no matter if they're contenders or not.

Dekeyser and Daley I am ok with keeping around. Unless DD is willing to waive that NTC because he wants to go somewhere else. Then I am ok with trading him.

I've already addressed Howard, but even if we cannot get a deal done now, next season he has NO NTC so he is tradable anywhere.

Like I said, if we are looking to tank, this is our best option, plus we'd be hella stocked up on draft picks and then we'd also get to see some kids in action.

I know this is not NHL 20XX and it would not be easy trading some of these players, but I would be doing everything I could in order to loosen up the cap (we'll need it for JT (if possible) and for sure for Larkin, Mantha, AA, Frk and possibly Mrazek (They are all RFA's next summer.))

Green and Helm to EDM for a 1st and a 3rd (retain $2M from Green)

Tatar to CHI for a 2019 1st

Ericsson to a contender for a 3rd

Howard to Vegas for a 2nd (retain $2M)

That would give us 3 1st's, 3 2nd's, 4 3rd's and 2 1st's in 2019. Plus I'd retain some salary to get us to the floor.

If we could get creative and trade along with Howard, our 1st in 2019 to add in Shea Theodore. (we'd still have a 1st in 2019 from Chicago)

so Howard and our 2019 1st to Vegas for 2018 2nd and Theodore.

I promote Coreau, Hicketts, G. Smith, Svech, Booth and Peumpel.

I roll the rest of the season with:

Mantha - Z - AA

Smith - Larkin - Frk

Booth - Nielsen - Svech

Wilson - Glen - Abby

Peumpel

Daley - Theodore

Hicketts - Kronwall

XO - Jensen

Witco/DD (until he's healthy)

That makes me roughly $5M below the floor, so that is why I'd retain some salary from each player (not E is possible) in order to get there. Then next season I'd have over $28M (with retain salary) to do what I have to do. JT, Mantha, Larkin, Frk, Mrazek, AA and Wilson.

Ya, ya, I know, wake up time! :lol:  But wouldn't this be so nice?

Edited by LeftWinger

So in 2018-19 (in a perfect lottery win and trade(s) world) we could have the potential to look like this: 

Mantha - JT - AA

Z - Larkin - Frk

Smith - Nielsen - Svech

Wilson - Glen - Abby

Dahlin - Theodore

Daley - DD

Kronwall (if not retired) - Jensen

XO or Hicketts

Oh, one can sure dream!

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wont happen

I totally agree, but the sad thing is, it could. They may not get the return I want, but GD it, we could totally get rid of all that salary and players. If, IF Holland wanted to truly rebuild this team, or give the next guy (who he will probably hire) the jump.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

I totally agree, but the sad thing is, it could. They may not get the return I want, but GD it, we could totally get rid of all that salary and players. If, IF Holland wanted to truly rebuild this team, or give the next guy (who he will probably hire) the jump.

Problem is, a lot more needs to go wrong before an ownership group is willing to voluntarily tank a team. Sure the team isn't where WE would like it to be, but ownership is still making money. They're going to half-ass retool for as long as it takes unless we as fans stop watching games and buying sweaters.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:13 PM, kliq said:

Those moves are never ALL going to happen, and even still I dont do the buyout because I want as much cap flexibility as possible when it counts. We move Nielsen/Helm, they go for JT and it all evens out anyways.

Wishful thinking on my part, for sure.  Or what I hope the new GM (with no loyalties) will do.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:38 PM, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Yeah fat chance we trade Nielsen after 2 years besides i believe he has a 10 team no trade list starting in the 2018/2019 season. Nyquist is possible but once again a full NTC And Holland said that he plans on possibly not qualifying Mrazek. Both Garrioch and Friedman had said that both Helm+Nyquist could be on the market but both of their NTC could be a possible hindrance depending on how many teams are on their NTC.Sorry it's Ericsson that has a 19 team no trade list in 2018/2019 Helm has a full NTC through 2018/2019 so he would have to agree to the deal and i doubt he would.

If this team is going to keep rebuilding, Nielsen may not want to stick around.  No-trade clauses can be waived.  Holland would be an IDIOT to not even qualify Mrazek... but we know Holland is an idiot anyway.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Problem is, a lot more needs to go wrong before an ownership group is willing to voluntarily tank a team. Sure the team isn't where WE would like it to be, but ownership is still making money. They're going to half-ass retool for as long as it takes unless we as fans stop watching games and buying sweaters.

Pretty much.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Pretty much.

Seeing as how Zetterberg and Larkin are both top 20 in jersey sales in hockey with a s*** team that really says something. People like Red Wing gear and people like hockey in Michigan. Gonna be a long time of sucking before profit drops. But by then, the half-assed retooling will probably end up being somewhat successful anyways. 

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Seeing as how Zetterberg and Larkin are both top 20 in jersey sales in hockey with a s*** team that really says something. People like Red Wing gear and people like hockey in Michigan. Gonna be a long time of sucking because sales drop. But by the the half-assed retooling well probably end up being successful anyways. 

yes

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I said it before I'll say it again, the Wings have turned into the Lions.  Stay just good enough to make fans think there's a chance at the playoffs and keep the suckers spending their money.

Nah, Lions drafted Calvin Johnson, arguably one of the best wide receivers of modern era. We still sucked no matter how good of a draft. Another reason why tanking is a myth. Give them the best wide receiver, they'll still suck. 

Wings just don't have a good draft pick at all. I'm sure if we drafted McDavid we would be a different team right now. Give us a top player and we could actually compete. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, DickieDunn said:

I said it before I'll say it again, the Wings have turned into the Lions.  Stay just good enough to make fans think there's a chance at the playoffs and keep the suckers spending their money.

Haha buncha suckers. Buyin game tickets, and Larkin jerseys, and watching streams online, and participating in online forums, and arguing with Leftwinger, oh god help me 

52 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Nah, Lions drafted Calvin Johnson, arguably one of the best wide receivers of modern era. We still sucked no matter how good of a draft. Another reason why tanking is a myth. Give them the best wide receiver, they'll still suck. 

Wings just don't have a good draft pick at all. I'm sure if we drafted McDavid we would be a different team right now. Give us a top player and we could actually compete. 

Lions have sucked for so long because they haven't had a good offensive line since they lost Utley and Andlosek.  You can't win the in the NFL unless your RB has holes to run through and the QB has time to go through his progressions.

23 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Lions have sucked for so long because they haven't had a good offensive line since they lost Utley and Andlosek.  You can't win the in the NFL unless your RB has holes to run through and the QB has time to go through his progressions.

Completely agree that this has been a major problem for the Lions, but I think they are a good example of how tanking and getting top 5 picks guarantee nothing.