• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

2018-19

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

We had better teams when those players were RFAs. Larkin and Mantha are arguably better players than those players were at the time and are arguably more important to the team than those players were at the time.

In Wings Land, the leaders are the players who get paid the most and/or the players who get paid the most are the leaders. With Zetterberg running on fumes and Tatar and Nyquist continuing to be streaky scorers, I'd say it's pretty clear that Larkin and Mantha are taking over as our top two forwards, and I think it's safe to say this is nothing but great news for Holland, even if it'll complicate the cap picture a bit. Holland has leverage, but I don't think he's going to approach these negotiations the way he normally does.

There's no arguably about it.  Those guys were never as good as Larkin and Mantha are now, and they certainly were never as important to the team.  Larkin and Mantha are the types of guys you lock up, not try to hardball

14 hours ago, kliq said:

I still can't believe Columbus took Clarkson.

Columbus would rather pay a player to at least be on the ice than a guy who will never play again.  A little bit of use is better than nothing at all.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

There's no arguably about it.  Those guys were never as good as Larkin and Mantha are now, and they certainly were never as important to the team.  Larkin and Mantha are the types of guys you lock up, not try to hardball

Yeah, I'm not sure why I was hedging there when my whole point's basically that we haven't had a Larkin or a Mantha in a long while.

11 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Columbus would rather pay a player to at least be on the ice than a guy who will never play again.  A little bit of use is better than nothing at all.

Ya, but talk about a bad move in hindsight. 

12 hours ago, kliq said:

Ya, but talk about a bad move in hindsight. 

It wasn't a good move to begin with.  But they had Horton sitting home making $5 mil or whatever it was, and they couldn't afford to have that much cash going to a guy who wasn't playing.  At least Vegas took him now, and they probably had insurance on the contract so no money is actually being paid to him by the team

9 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

It wasn't a good move to begin with.  But they had Horton sitting home making $5 mil or whatever it was, and they couldn't afford to have that much cash going to a guy who wasn't playing.  At least Vegas took him now, and they probably had insurance on the contract so no money is actually being paid to him by the team

Agreed. 

Great move by Vegas, they took him and by doing so got a 1st and 2nd rounder in the process (though there was player protection involved there from the draft)