• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings3:16

Ryan Sproul traded for Matt Puempel

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya holland needs to go , like frk sproul  never really got a shot instead opting for waste of space Ericsson and Daley , outside green we have zero offensive dmen , puempel is garbage so we just released sproul in my eyes 

also believe we should have got a 2nd or 3rd alone for sheahan without losing a pick and taking on another 4th liner ... We have turgeon bertuzzi svechnikov coming , wtf do we need Wilson for?? Hope our idiot gm trades him at the deadline

I had high hopes for Sproul, but he's almost the same player now as he was 4 years ago. Even at AHL level the guy hasn't really taken a step forward. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good. As for Puempel, he's no great shakes, but he's probably better than Booth & Witkowski, and is as good at the AHL level as Sproul is. 

I'll be astounded if Sproul is ever as good as Daley. And Ericsson, for all his flaws is our only big d-man. You don;t want the puck on his stick, but he's still our best guy at moving bodies around the net, even if he isn't as physical as we'd like.

Re your second point, either Wilson will do well and get re-signed for a low salary or traded for 3rd round ish pick come the playoffs, or he wont and will get traded for a 4th/5th round pick...the guy has a decent playoff record and has proven point scoring ability. Given that we needed to shed salary to get AA into the line-up, and Wilson will at worst generate another pick (and Sheahan started this season as well as he played last year), I can't see how the wings lose on this one. Likelihood is its a decent hockey trade which benefits both teams.

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya holland needs to go , like frk sproul  never really got a shot instead opting for waste of space Ericsson and Daley , outside green we have zero offensive dmen , puempel is garbage so we just released sproul in my eyes 

also believe we should have got a 2nd or 3rd alone for sheahan without losing a pick and taking on another 4th liner ... We have turgeon bertuzzi svechnikov coming , wtf do we need Wilson for?? Hope our idiot gm trades him at the deadline

Sproul wasn't worth anything; any team could have had him for free a few weeks ago. Based on his play last year, he didn't earn any further opportunity. We could have held on to him, and maybe on opportunity would have become available, and maybe he would have done something with it. Or maybe not. I would assume he probably asked for a trade when he was demoted, and Holland did the right thing and found a team that might give him a new chance. I hope he does well and makes it to NY. Always liked him and used to have high hopes for him. 

Expecting a 2nd for a player who had scored in only 1 of his last 88 games is a bit unrealistic (and wasn't all that good the year before either). Wilson could maybe be worth a 5th, so you could say we did get a 3rd for Sheahan. Pretty good return, given the circumstances. Wilson wasn't "needed" (4th liners never are), but he's an upgrade over what we had. Bertuzzi's still hurt, Svech just got back, and neither have yet shown they can be effective in the NHL. Turgeon has yet to show he can perform consistently in the AHL even.