• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/22 GDT : Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings 7:00 PM EDT

Rate this topic

No Sheahan and no Sproul. Athanasiou not in yet. I feel that Vancouver might try to steal this based on that. Nah, just pulling your pants.

I hold us as the favorite but not by much. If Howard plays nice and tight we got this (Khan says he is starting). A meagre 20 bucks bet on the Detroit moneyline as the odds are too low.

LGRW!

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Wilson will make his Red Wings debut tonight wearing number 23. 

Witkowski still in the lineup. What the f*** does Blashill see in this guy? Hopefully when Athanasiou gets in the lineup, there's no more Witkowski...

I see your point. I myself like them rednecks if used very sparingly, must be my defensive background.
But that's not my point which is that something tells me David Booth is the one that'll be moved down for AA. He was brought in to hopefully throw an offensive spark and provide a good measure of toughness which he did presason and nicely at that. Hasn't happened since - he looks stale out there. Time to pass him up, he is too old to hope for a miracle shape-em-up.

I'd like to pass down both Booth and Witkowski and move Hicketts up but it seems to idealistic right now. Give it an injury or two.

22 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

I see your point. I myself like them rednecks if used very sparingly, must be my defensive background.
But that's not my point which is that something tells me David Booth is the one that'll be moved down for AA. He was brought in to hopefully throw an offensive spark and provide a good measure of toughness which he did presason and nicely at that. Hasn't happened since - he looks stale out there. Time to pass him up, he is too old to hope for a miracle shape-em-up.

I'd like to pass down both Booth and Witkowski and move Hicketts up but it seems to idealistic right now. Give it an injury or two.

Booth hasn't looked great, but definitely better than Witkowski in my opinion. I agree that it will likely be Booth sent down before Witkowski, but it shouldn't be...

Why would we call Hicketts up after demoting two 4th line forwards? DeKeyser will likely be back sometime this week, so it's going to take at least two injuries before Hicketts gets a call. And even then, they might just throw Witkowski back there...

24 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Seems like the guys brought in to bring toughness often don’t use it in Detroit, or they are often scratched, even against teams where that element can be useful. They should just stop signing these type of guys and save a bit of cap room. They were happy with Ott last season apparantly, although he got his ass kicked for a living. There was room for him to play more though. This season there isn’t room for one of Booth or Witkowski on the roster once AA is in, and the one kept won’t play much.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Booth hasn't looked great, but definitely better than Witkowski in my opinion. I agree that it will likely be Booth sent down before Witkowski, but it shouldn't be...

Why would we call Hicketts up after demoting two 4th line forwards? DeKeyser will likely be back sometime this week, so it's going to take at least two injuries before Hicketts gets a call. And even then, they might just throw Witkowski back there...

Shaming. I want 8 defensemen up and Ericsson sitting permanently til he asks for a move. It's dirty but if you have something sharper, by all means don't be shy.

Our forwards should be able to handle the workload.
Drastic and improbable yes, but just illuminating an alternative.

6 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Shaming. I want 8 defensemen up and Ericsson sitting permanently til he asks for a move. It's dirty but if you have something sharper, by all means don't be shy.

I'd be okay with sitting Ericsson in favour of Hicketts. Who else is sitting though?

21 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Ya'll gotta realize this organization does not see Ericsson the same way we do. They actually appreciate Ericsson for his hard work. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Wilson will make his Red Wings debut tonight wearing number 23. 

Witkowski still in the lineup. What the f*** does Blashill see in this guy? Hopefully when Athanasiou gets in the lineup, there's no more Witkowski...

Don't worry he'll scratch Frk instead.

What will our powerplay ever do without offensive force Sheahan on it?

Edited by marcaractac

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Let's Go Red Wings, Should be an easy Wings victory 6-2

You've doomed us. You've doomed us all.

19 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

What will our powerplay ever do without offensive force Sheahan on it?

Witkowski.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah I agree, but it'll be Booth cuz he's on the 2 way contract and he already passed waivers so no risk of losing him. Don't expect Wit to get much ice time once AA is ready.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I'll always do the HYPE! jams, but I feel like I need to add another shtick to my talent stack. So I'ma try something new here tonight: oddly specific predictions.

Larkin with two goals and an assist tonight. One of those goals is a power play goal, the other is an even strength goal. He gets the assist on an Abdelkader goal.

44 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'll always do the HYPE! jams, but I feel like I need to add another shtick to my talent stack. So I'ma try something new here tonight: oddly specific predictions.

Larkin with two goals and an assist tonight. One of those goals is a power play goal, the other is an even strength goal. He gets the assist on an Abdelkader goal.

I'm down for the specific predictions. I'm going to expand on yours: we get a call back of Dats+Abby when Larkin banks a shot off Abby's butt.