• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

Dragons Milk

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I like it.  Can't drink more than one or two.  I vote for a more quaff-able brew like Bell's Two-Hearted, New Holland's Poet, or Founders' Porter

I am on the road today so unable to do a proper test for the game tonight.  But based on your recommendation of the best of 3 will test on Friday's game. So Dickie what is the favorite of the 3 and how shall I spend my $$

8 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

So is dragons milk a real thing? Or is this a reference to the book advertised below?

http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/dragons-milk/

It has a strong taste and high ABV %.  If you like bourbon and stout beers you'll like this.

10 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am on the road today so unable to do a proper test for the game tonight.  But based on your recommendation of the best of 3 will test on Friday's game. So Dickie what is the favorite of the 3 and how shall I spend my $$

It depends on what you like.  If you like hoppy ales, go with the Two Hearted.  Poet is an oatmeal stout, so it's smoother.  Founder's Porter is probably #3 on that list, but it's still excellent and a little lighter than the Poet.  If you like something not as hoppy as an IPA but not a dark beer, try Bell's Lager of the Lakes or Best Brown.  Edmund Fitzgerald from Great Lakes Brewing is another excellent porter.

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/dragons-milk/

It has a strong taste and high ABV %.  If you like bourbon and stout beers you'll like this.

It depends on what you like.  If you like hoppy ales, go with the Two Hearted.  Poet is an oatmeal stout, so it's smoother.  Founder's Porter is probably #3 on that list, but it's still excellent and a little lighter than the Poet.  If you like something not as hoppy as an IPA but not a dark beer, try Bell's Lager of the Lakes or Best Brown.  Edmund Fitzgerald from Great Lakes Brewing is another excellent porter.

Dragons milk is good, but im definately not the fan you all are. Ive had all the beers you listed, and i think two hearted is the one I would write home to mom about. And im not a hop obsessed guy either.