• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

In a ideal-not perfect world we have a top 10 pick, a bottom 10 pick after trading Green, 2 2nds and 2 or more 3rds..... How would I draft?

top 10 pick: Wilde 6-2/195 RH shooting Dman known for his booming shot and physical play.

Bottom 10 pick: Matty Samuelsson 6-4/215 LH shooting Dman. Think a poor mans Hedman from TB.

These 2 need to play every minute of every shift together for the next 20 years. They should become a legit top pair at the next level.

In the second round now I go for a couple of F's.  2 guys I like are:

Jachym Kondelik 6-6/220 LH shooting C. Think Martan Hanzel.

Conner Roberts 6-4/215 RH shooting RW/C.

In the 3rd I would go with:

Alexis Gravel 6-2/210 G.

Philippe Lapointe 6-0/195 RH shooting RW-Martys kid.

Just because I like to be ahead. 2 guys for 2019:

Tag Bertuzzi 6-2/200 LH shooting LW-Todds kid should be a 1st rounder.

Mason Primeau 6-4/190 LH shooting C. late 1st/2nd rounder.

10 minutes ago, Richdg said:

In a ideal-not perfect world we have a top 10 pick, a bottom 10 pick after trading Green, 2 2nds and 2 or more 3rds..... How would I draft?

top 10 pick: Wilde 6-2/195 RH shooting Dman known for his booming shot and physical play.

Bottom 10 pick: Matty Samuelsson 6-4/215 LH shooting Dman. Think a poor mans Hedman from TB.

These 2 need to play every minute of every shift together for the next 20 years. They should become a legit top pair at the next level.

In the second round now I go for a couple of F's.  2 guys I like are:

Jachym Kondelik 6-6/220 LH shooting C. Think Martan Hanzel.

Conner Roberts 6-4/215 RH shooting RW/C.

In the 3rd I would go with:

Alexis Gravel 6-2/210 G.

Philippe Lapointe 6-0/195 RH shooting RW-Martys kid.

Just because I like to be ahead. 2 guys for 2019:

Tag Bertuzzi 6-2/200 LH shooting LW-Todds kid should be a 1st rounder.

Mason Primeau 6-4/190 LH shooting C. late 1st/2nd rounder.

There's an ugly stripper in the draft this year? Boy, that Hockey is for Everyone initiative is paying off.

If you had THREE 1st rounders, the #1 and two in the 20's, who do you take in the 20's? Dahlin is of course the overwhelmingly favorite for #1.

Me, I go with Dahlin at #1, Jett Woo and Mattias Samuelsson in the 20's. That's with the current rankings, maybe some players rise up from the 30's into the 20's that we haven't seen yet. But right now, if I had 3 #1's (including the 1st overall) I'd go:

Dahlin

Woo

Samuelsson

Edited by LeftWinger

54 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Although I like the spirit and intent of this thread, I feel its a bit premature.

In accordance with the spirit and intent of the thread, I find Leftwinger grossly negligent, however not liable for the spelling and grammatical errors which have occurred herein, and were witnessed by the plaintiffs on October the 24th. In continued observance of said spirit and intent, in the eyes of the state of LGW the thread is deemed 'mature' and will be allowed to conduct its affairs unimpeded, so long as the defendant is able to conduct his thread without any continued grammatical violations.

case-closed.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 6:38 PM, Dabura said:

Adam Boqvist is incredible.

If Svechnikov doesn't go second overall, it'll probably be because of Boqvist.

Also incredible? Quinn Hughes.

If our pick is in the 4-7 range and we want a defenseman, Hughes is our guy.

looks like a guy leftwinger would like... pass. Who's soft n european in the 4-7 range?

Load up on draft picks and then use on Dmen. Moving Green gets us a second 1st, moving a Nyquist or Tatar could get us another 1st. This is a great draft to have 3 or more 1st round picks. Here are the guys that I hope we take from:

Evan Bouchard 6-2/185 RH Dman.

Jared McIssac 6-1/195 LH Dman.

Bode Wilde 6-2/195 RH Dman. Detroit kid.

Matt Samuelsson 6-4/215 LH Dman. Kjell's son.

Kandre Miller 6-3/195 LH Dman.

All should go in the 1st round as of today.

Adam Ginning 6-3/190 LH Dman.

Xavier Bouchard 6-3/185 RH Dman

Adam Samuelsson 6-5/240 LH Dman. Ulf's son.

All are second through 4th round prospects.

If I was drafting I take Wilde and Samuelsson in the 1st round. Then I go after Bouchard and Samuelsson in the 2nd round. 2 RHed Dman and 2 LHed Dman. 4 quality guys that could be around a long time.

9 hours ago, Richdg said:

Load up on draft picks and then use on Dmen. Moving Green gets us a second 1st, moving a Nyquist or Tatar could get us another 1st. This is a great draft to have 3 or more 1st round picks. Here are the guys that I hope we take from:

Evan Bouchard 6-2/185 RH Dman.

Jared McIssac 6-1/195 LH Dman.

Bode Wilde 6-2/195 RH Dman. Detroit kid.

Matt Samuelsson 6-4/215 LH Dman. Kjell's son.

Kandre Miller 6-3/195 LH Dman.

All should go in the 1st round as of today.

Adam Ginning 6-3/190 LH Dman.

Xavier Bouchard 6-3/185 RH Dman

Adam Samuelsson 6-5/240 LH Dman. Ulf's son.

All are second through 4th round prospects.

If I was drafting I take Wilde and Samuelsson in the 1st round. Then I go after Bouchard and Samuelsson in the 2nd round. 2 RHed Dman and 2 LHed Dman. 4 quality guys that could be around a long time.

I think everyone would agree that our biggest need is defense, but if we end up with 4 or 5 picks in the first two rounds, I definitely wouldn't take all defensemen. I think our first pick should definitely be a defenseman, especially considering the quantity of quality defensemen at the top of the draft next year, but I'd mix a couple forwards in there for sure. It's not like we're stacked up front. We have three or four promising young top six forwards, but that's about it. Unless everything else is equal, we should be taking best player available in my opinion.