• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

On 4/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

To Detroit: Eichel, Ristolainen,  Buffalo's. #3 pick

To Buffalo: Detroit's #1 overall pick, Anthony Mantha

I do this trade without batting an eye if I'm Detroit.   

On 4/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

To Detroit: Eichel, Ristolainen,  Buffalo's. #3 pick

To Buffalo: Detroit's #1 overall pick, Anthony Mantha

I’d consider this if Buffalo ate half of the Eichel and Ristolainen cap hits and Mantha were replaced with AA :P 

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Huh? I said it would likely take McDavid to get a team to trade the 1st overall pick (Dahlin), but make no mistake, every team would make that trade 10 out of 10 times. If we lucked out with the 1st overall pick and Edmonton offered us McDavid plus their 1st round pick, I'd make the trade, and Chiarelli would officially be named worst GM in the history of all professional sports. Dahlin is the best defense prospect possibly ever, but it's still just potential at this point. McDavid is a proven elite, number one center, the best since Crosby, and already viewed as being better by some. 

So would I. I pointed out the Lindros trade as an example of why you DONT give up too much for a guy who hasn't played in one NHL game. No team would do that, as in noone would give up a McDavid for an unproven prospect no matter how hyped they are.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So would I. I pointed out the Lindros trade as an example of why you DONT give up too much for a guy who hasn't played in one NHL game. No team would do that, as in noone would give up a McDavid for an unproven prospect no matter how hyped they are.

Bingo. 

Eichel's a really good 1C. I'm not sold on Ristolainen.

So I'd be giving up on the most promising teenage defenseman in decades for a really good 1C and an I-don't-know defenseman. My name is Peter Chiarelli.

Don't overthink this. You keep the prospect with the blank check potential. There will always be an Eichel and a Ristolainen available. It's taken decades for a Dahlin to emerge. Is Dahlin guaranteed to become a perennial Norris finalist? No. But he's as close to being a sure thing as teenage defensemen get.

If anyone BUT Detroit gets the #1, then its fixed! It's our flippin turn!

DAHLIN! DAHLIN!

...but if not.... SVECHLING! SVECHLING! DOBSON! DOBSON! BOUCHARD! BOUCHARD! WAHLSTROM! WAHLSTROM! HUGHES! HUGHES! TKACHUK! TKACHUK! BOQVIST! BOQVIST! VELENO! VELENO! ZADINA! ZADINA!

:lol:

If Holland doesn't get #1, that guy will be Hollands pick....that is how he'll screw this up.

...of course I am just saying that! If he is good enough to reach #10 on TSN, then hey, so be it! But I'd have to say, if Holland did choose this kid with all the other top 10 guys that heave been there all season, I will be a little disappointed.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 4/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, Dabura said:

Old news, ya dingus.

Kinda lame that they're splitting the 4-15 reveal (before the game) and the 1-3 reveal (first intermission). Did they do it that way last year? I honestly don't remember.

The worst part is you'll know the top 3 long before they're annpunced. So if I don't see detroit I know they get a top 3 pick. Otherwise I break my tv cause we end up in like 8th spot

14 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

The worst part is you'll know the top 3 long before they're annpunced. So if I don't see detroit I know they get a top 3 pick. Otherwise I break my tv cause we end up in like 8th spot

We have a lot on consolation prizes though. Obviously we want Dahlin first and foremost though! I joke about a fix, but after enduring this year (and last) I will be mad if we don't get it.

We need to hope all teams ahead of us in the standings get announced in reverse order 15-6. As soon as a team doesn't get announced, we know they have jumped into the top 3, which decreases our chances of jumping up and increases our chances of falling back.

Each time a team is selected in the correct order, it increases our chances of a top 3 pick. But as soon as one team is skipped over, it drastically decreases our chances of a top 3 pick.

If we haven't been selected by the time the 5th pick is announced, we know we're picking in the top 3.

If three teams don't get announced before they get to 8, we know we'll be picking 8th...

I really have a feeling we're jumping up today...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I saw this on Sportsnet today regarding the lottery tonight:

When and where does it take place?

Saturday, April 28, at the Hockey Central Studios in Toronto. There’s an added wrinkle to the unveiling of this year’s draft order, though. On Hockey Central Saturday, beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT, picks 15-4 will be revealed. Then, during the second intermission of the San Jose-Vegas game, the top three picks will be unveiled. (Viewers in the United States can watch it on NBC.)

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Eichel's a really good 1C. I'm not sold on Ristolainen.

So I'd be giving up on the most promising teenage defenseman in decades for a really good 1C and an I-don't-know defenseman. My name is Peter Chiarelli.

Don't overthink this. You keep the prospect with the blank check potential. There will always be an Eichel and a Ristolainen available. It's taken decades for a Dahlin to emerge. Is Dahlin guaranteed to become a perennial Norris finalist? No. But he's as close to being a sure thing as teenage defensemen get.

You're forgetting the pick; I believe he was suggesting 3rd overall. I wouldn't go as far as Kip and say it'd be stupid not to do it, but if Dahlin doesn't live up to the hype and/or Eichel hits another level and whoever we'd take at 3 turns out...

11 minutes ago, Buppy said:

You're forgetting the pick; I believe he was suggesting 3rd overall. I wouldn't go as far as Kip and say it'd be stupid not to do it, but if Dahlin doesn't live up to the hype and/or Eichel hits another level and whoever we'd take at 3 turns out...

Nah, even with that pick in the package, I don't make that trade. I get why someone else might make it, but I'd rather take my chances with Dahlin. Part of it that I haven't mentioned is that Eichel and Ristolainen are older and are already making big money. For an organization like ours that's probably at least a couple of years away from truly competing for the Cup even with Dahlin or Eichel, Dahlin being a teenager and on an ELC for a few years makes him that much more appealing to us.

18 hours ago, kickazz said:

To the Hawks. 

If the Blackhawks or Habs win the draft lottery, imma throw up. Habs don't deserve jack s*** after trading away the likes of Subban and Sergachev in favor of an older, slower, defensive blueline. 

Edit: the Oilers winning would also be pretty gross at this point

Edited by marcaractac