• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

He sure does which I don’t know why with the direction in style of play is trending. I may be the only person but I don’t want any part of Bouchard at 6. His skating is suspect, and if you can’t skate in today’s game it is nearly impossible to become a #1d. 

Go away. Never said hated Hughes or Boqvist. We don't need trolling here. 

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

sux

We'll get a good player. Dahlin will not be happy in any of those cities. Poorly run franchises. It sucks for him more than us.

10 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

He sure does which I don’t know why with the direction in style of play is trending. I may be the only person but I don’t want any part of Bouchard at 6. His skating is suspect, and if you can’t skate in today’s game it is nearly impossible to become a #1d. 

From eliteprospects.com. Ya, this says nothing about "suspect" skating.

highly intelligent all-around defenceman that plays with poise and can shift the pace of play in a multitude of ways. Showcases smooth four-way skating ability and loves to get involved in all situations - especially when that situation happens to be an up-ice rush. Has a polished offensive skill-set which includes well-timed passes and a sneaky, erratic shot. Goes with the high percentage play and makes smart decisions. Could work on strength behind his shot. Defensively active, cutting off lanes and always staying in excellent positioning. Reads cues well in all three zones and seems to stay a step ahead. All-in-all, a well-rounded defender with great hockey sense and work ethic. (Curtis Joe, EP 2017)

New Banner Eliteprospects
ep_2_bouchard,_evan_(12)_2018-01-27.jpg
© Photo: Dan Hickling

Mobile puck moving D with excellent offensive instincts & ability to read the game, ISS Hockey 2017

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

That 3 game winning streak towards the end of the season looks pretty ******* stupid now

Fire Blashill!

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I can only imagine the excitement from the 610 Cane fans if they were to win the lottery.

The NHL isn't as smart as the NBA to rig the draft, so that might happen.  There shouldn't even be a team in Carolina anymore.  

14 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

You mean like we tanked for Dahlin?

Ya, but this time we'll aim for 11th-13th spot.  Worked for Philly and Carolina into the top 3!

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Make your text bigger and add more lines next time.

giphy.gif

sorry, maybe I am just tired, but I don't get it.

Edited by LeftWinger

Maybe, just maybe our silver lining would be Carolina winning the lottery...  that might just put Hanafin or Falk in play.  If we could trade AA + a 1st or 2nd for either guy and draft Bouchard or Dobson (my preferences on D) that would make our D better next year and much much better within 2 years.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, but this time we'll aim for 11th-13th spot.  Worked for Philly and Carolina into the top 3!

But Philly and Carolina didn't get top pick.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

THE #2 TEAM. IT HAS A DUAL MEANING! PERHAPS I"VE LOST IT.

giphy.gif

Is this how CRL feels about #6?

giphy.gif

OUR DRAFT POSITION.

Just now, TLGTrico said:

But Philly and Carolina didn't get top pick.

It is yet to be determined for Carolina, but they got propelled into the top 3 as did Philly. It beats tanking into the top 5 and getting pushed back.

With our 7 picks in the first three rounds, this is how Kenny is gonna handle his tires this June!

giphy.gif

Look out NHL!