• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol it's not even Friday yet and you're already losing it!!

*sigh* I can't pretend. It's just not the same without him. He needs to get his rear back here before Friday or this is gonna be the most boring draft ever

:lol:

That is a funny edit!

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words! I am good, I am moving forward, I don't want to talk about it and I NEED this forum to keep my mind going forward! Thanks Again!

Here is (are) my (fantasy) trade scenario(s) for draft day:

Both Nyquist and AA address the offense and dynamics that Vancouver is in need of. Could very well become 1st line players there.

Calgary is in DESPERATE need of another line. They have become a 1 line team, adding Helm and Svech gives them 2/3 making a very good line! To sweetin the deal the 2019 1s round is NOT lottery protected, so they get it no matter where we finish.  But we get a #1 in Hamilton, so we're good.

Here I take Chicago up on their desperation to get rid of Hossa's contract. I'd give them a couple of mid to later round picks to take his contract and their #8 overall.  Worst case scenario, Hossa rides out his contract on LTIR much like Franzen. Best case scenario, he becomes healthy and gets us 15-20 goals a year for a couple of seasons. This eliminates the need to sign either one of Vanek or Kovy. Win-Wn for us and Chicago. (not that I am really into helping Chicago, but I'd piss down their back and call it rain to steal that #8 pick to get Oliver Wahlstrom.)

Here is the good one. Sure, at first site, it doesn't look like a great deal for Montreal, but considering they are getting the #6 in return, two good old French Canadian kids to add to the team, PLUS they still should be able to draft the center they need in Kotkaniemi with that #6.

So that gives us #3, #7, #8 in the 1st round. With those picks I take

#3 - Zadina

#7 - Best D Available

#8 - Wahlstrom

With Larkin as our #1 center, Z will slowly transition out as the #2 over the next couple of season's giving way to Ras. Nielsen will remain #3 for the rest of his contract unless he allows us to flip him to a contender on a future TDL day.

I think, even with eliminating the 2019 1st round pick, that sets our rebuild on fire.

(BTW, SO glad I was absent during all that political stuff in the other thread! :lol: I might be the only one left here when the MODS return!)

Thanks again everyone for the kind words! I needed a break from life, but I need to move forward now and I had to get back on here to help keep my life moving on! Bring on Friday! Too bad I'll be working a 16 hour shift that day and will have to rely on my phone for updates! Here's to Holland ripping those tires right off the truck this year!

Edited by LeftWinger

Of course, if Hossa stays on LTIR over most of this season, you can always swing him to a cap floor team next summer.

Again, if Chicago is willing to toss in the #8 for us (someone) to take Hossa's contract, there is no negative to acquiring him. It is a win-win for sure!

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I quit ESPN when the "P" went from Programming to Political.

Wish we could get TSN where I live, but NBC and NHL Network are the only other choices.

I did too.  I hate how politics has crept into everything.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

That is a funny edit!

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words! I am good, I am moving forward, I don't want to talk about it and I NEED this forum to keep my mind going forward! Thanks Again!

image.png.de42fc4d22e2b2af01ec088f3617730a.png

Both Nyquist and AA address the offense and dynamics that Vancouver is in need of. Could very well become 1st line players there.

image.png.f8efed71b25069a6aaad2b6ce49a5b54.png

Calgary is in DESPERATE need of another line. They have become a 1 line team, adding Helm and Svech gives them 2/3 making a very good line! To sweetin the deal the 2019 1s round is NOT lottery protected, so they get it no matter where we finish.  But we get a #1 in Hamilton, so we're good.

image.png.bc95f20dc7177a978d3c927526950496.png

Here I take Chicago up on their desperation to get rid of Hossa's contract. I'd give them a couple of mid to later round picks to take his contract and their #8 overall.  Worst case scenario, Hossa rides out his contract on LTIR much like Franzen. Best case scenario, he becomes healthy and gets us 15-20 goals a year for a couple of seasons. This eliminates the need to sign either one of Vanek or Kovy. Win-Wn for us and Chicago. (not that I am really into helping Chicago, but I'd piss down their back and call it rain to steal that #8 pick to get Oliver Wahlstrom.)

image.png.4740d04303cc58d1fb6c2c4142abb4f6.png

Here is the good one. Sure, at first site, it doesn't look like a great deal for Montreal, but considering they are getting the #6 in return, two good old French Canadian kids to add to the team, PLUS they still should be able to draft the center they need in Kotkaniemi with that #6.

#3 - Zadina

#7 - Best D Available

#8 - Wahlstrom

With Larkin as our #1 center, Z will slowly transition out as the #2 over the next couple of season's giving way to Ras. Nielsen will remain #3 for the rest of his contract unless he allows us to flip him to a contender on a future TDL day.

I think, even with eliminating the 2019 1st round pick, that sets our rebuild on fire.

(BTW, SO glad I was absent during all that political stuff in the other thread! :lol: I might be the only one left here when the MODS return!)

Thanks again everyone for the kind words! I needed a break from life, but I need to move forward now and I had to get back on here to help keep my life moving on! Bring on Friday! Too bad I'll be working a 16 hour shift that day and will have to rely on my phone for updates! Here's to Holland ripping those tires right off the truck this year!

I'm not sure this would even work in a video game

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

the f*** you been?

Been busy, and got tired of rehashing the same arguments.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in real life...care to explain?

The Calgary deal MIGHT work.  Maybe, assuming they want to trade Hamilton.  The other deals aren't enough to induce the teams to give up those high draft picks.

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

The Calgary deal MIGHT work.  Maybe, assuming they want to trade Hamilton.  The other deals aren't enough to induce the teams to give up those high draft picks.

This will be you then....

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif?resize=

15 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

The Calgary deal is based on the fact that they only have 1 line there. Helm and Svech would certainly put them on the road to having a deeper team up front. The 2019 1st could be a lottery pick again, and that could mean Jack Hughes or somewhere else in the top 10 for them.

Chicago is asking teams to take Hossa and they will give away the #8 to a team willing to do so.  I know you watched to expansion draft, this is how that kind of thing works.

Montreal wants a Center (Kotkaniemi) but they don't want to take him at #3 when they can gain assets and get him a little further down the top 10.  Giving them a depth D-man, a nice bottom 6 center AND the #6 where Kotkaniemi will most likely still be sitting, is more than enough to dangle in front of Bergevin. Did you see his latest trade? He'd jump at this in a heartbeat.

The Vancouver deal may need to be sweetened up, but there's no doubt they are in need of Offense with the departure of the Sedins.  They have some good young talent there to put together with AA and Nyquist. They have Horvat, Boesner, Gaudette along with Petersson and Dahlen in the minors. Adding an electric player like AA to that group would be a great thing.  Nyquist, playing with that talent, may also return to his 30 goal form. Plus they get #30 which they could land a pretty good prospect as well.

I don't see how all of these trades wouldn't make sense for both sides.  Sure, it won't happen because it's just a fan suggesting this, not the Wings themselves, but these would most definitely benefit all.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

The Calgary deal is based on the fact that they only have 1 line there. Helm and Svech would certainly put them on the road to having a deeper team up front. The 2019 1st could be a lottery pick again, and that could mean Jack Hughes or somewhere else in the top 10 for them.

I assume you mean only one scoring line? If so, Helm and Svech don't address that. Helm is and will always be a speedy, versatile 3rd liner and Svech projects to me to be another middle 6 forward (think Abby). Neither of them are scorers. If you switch out Helm with Nyquist, then Calgary might listen.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That is a funny edit!

#3 - Zadina

#7 - Best D Available

#8 - Wahlstrom

I do not have anything negative to say about any of this.

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't care what you say about stuff, this Friday's going to be the Art Basel of hockey times!

Yeah. it seems they've upgraded to Peters :ninja:

But yes, I'm aware of how awesome ESPN is. 

Art Basel sucks

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I did too.  I hate how politics has crept into everything.

I love it. Adds a lil spice.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Art Basel sucks

I love it. Adds a lil spice.

I had to look up what it even was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Basel

Art Basel is a for-profit, privately owned and managed international art fair staged annually in Basel, Switzerland, Miami Beach, Florida, and Hong Kong, selling established and emerging artists.

Like Basel?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I had to look up what it even was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Basel

Art Basel is a for-profit, privately owned and managed international art fair staged annually in Basel, Switzerland, Miami Beach, Florida, and Hong Kong, selling established and emerging artists.

Like Basel?

I didn't know either... :turn:

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That is a funny edit!

#3 - Zadina

#7 - Best D Available

#8 - Wahlstrom

It’s good to see you back Lefty! 

8 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

The more I think about it the more I really want Holland to try to get another pick in the top 10. If he can get any combo of the following I will be extremely happy with this draft.

Zadina, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Boqvist.

Totally agree this team needs a high-end talent infusion. Love the list and the thought...Bouchard and Wahlstrom for me.