• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

The more I think about it the more I really want Holland to try to get another pick in the top 10. If he can get any combo of the following I will be extremely happy with this draft.

Zadina, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Boqvist.

You'd be extremely happy with two top 10 picks? No s***!

No personal offense, but this sort of statement isproblematic for me. First of all, the words "extremely happy". Dislike. It's as if "happiness" isn't enough. It has to be extreme. Secondly, that this all hinges on unrealistic expectations, sort of sums up some LGWers afflicted mentality. 

How about being "really happy" with one top 10 pick? Like the highest pick since Keith Primeau was drafted in 1990 (28 ******* years ago)?

I'd be really happy with that. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No personal offense, but this sort of statement isproblematic for me. First of all, the words "extremely happy". Dislike. It's as if "happiness" isn't enough. It has to be extreme. Secondly, that this all hinges on unrealistic expectations, sort of sums up some LGWers afflicted mentality. 

How about being "really happy" with one top 10 pick? Like the highest pick since Keith Primeau was drafted in 1990 (28 ******* years ago)?

Jesus Christ dude, let fans fan. 

Adding another top 10 pick is doable. And I'm with BinMucker and MileHigh, I'd be EXTREMELY happy if we were somehow able to pull that off. Sorry if that bothers you...

Seriously though, I hope we stay at 6, and move up from 30. Even if we get into the top 15-20, I'd be EXTREMELY happy. One of the defensemen at 6 and Veleno or Bokk in that range would be great as well.

26 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

The more I think about it the more I really want Holland to try to get another pick in the top 10. If he can get any combo of the following I will be extremely happy with this draft.

Zadina, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Boqvist.

I'd add Kotkaniemi as well, although I think he and Zadina will be gone before 6.

17 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Totally agree this team needs a high-end talent infusion. Love the list and the thought...Bouchard and Wahlstrom for me.

This would be my dream scenario...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Jesus Christ dude, let fans fan. 

Adding another top 10 pick is doable. And I'm with BinMucker and MileHigh, I'd be EXTREMELY happy if we were somehow able to pull that off. Sorry if that bothers you...

Seriously though, I hope we stay at 6, and move up from 30. Even if we get into the top 15-20, I'd be EXTREMELY happy. One of the defensemen at 6 and Veleno or Bokk in that range would be great as well.

I'd add Kotkaniemi as well, although I think he and Zadina will be gone before 6.

This would be my dream scenario...

Fine!

Just remember when this doesn't happen to let "Holland Holland" Ya feel? 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You’re right I am happy with just the one pick. I don’t even really care who they take either. Sure I have my preferences but whoever they take has the potential to be an impact player for the organization. I wouldn’t call trading up unrealistic. There are plenty of assets that can be moved to jump up the draft board. In my opinion this is the time to be aggressive and take a chance to speed up the rebuild. Holland I’m sure has his game plan ready to go. I’m not going to be mad if he doesn’t end up moving up in the first round. Just saying that with the quality of talent in the top 10, even 15 , it might be worth taking a risk. 

Sorry if what I said annoyed you but I’m sure you’ll get over it. Or not. Don’t really care.

2 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

The more I think about it the more I really want Holland to try to get another pick in the top 10....

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Adding another top 10 pick is doable. ...

Top-10 picks traded over the last 10 years:

2017: #8 for Stepan and Raanta

2014: #10 for Ryan (trade made in 2013)

2013: #9 for Schneider

2012: #8 for Staal

2011: #8 (+Voracek) for Carter, #9 part of Kessel deal

2010: #2 for Kessel (trade made in 2009)

2008: #9 for Vokoun, and some swapping of picks within the top-10

Judging by that, trading up into the top-10 seems an unrealistic hope unless you're willing to trade Larkin. 

13 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Judging by that, trading up into the top-10 seems an unrealistic hope unless you're willing to trade Larkin. 

Yeah trading up gets beaten to death every year. It's usually a pretty unrealistic pipe dream.

We probably have just a good of chance at successfully offer-sheeting Trouba...

29 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Peter. Chiarelli.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah trading up gets beaten to death every year. It's usually a pretty unrealistic pipe dream.

We probably have just a good of chance at successfully offer-sheeting Trouba...

Look at you sad sack defeatists, waving your tighty whitey flags and crying into your overpriced Somalian craft beers.

You disgust me.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, DickieDunn said:

Been busy, and got tired of rehashing the same arguments.

Translation: "I've been cheating on LGW with WIIM."

There's a special place in Heck for hockey forum traitors. Just sayin'.

(Welcome back.)

So all of a sudden everyone remembered Andrei Svechnikov is a person who exists and he's now the undisputed consensus #2, I guess:

https://www.nhl.com/news/2018-nhl-mock-draft-final-rasmus-dahlin-no-1/c-299112416?tid=277764372

The consensus 3-10 pool is more or less set, but there is zero frking agreement re: order.

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

So all of a sudden everyone remembered Andrei Svechnikov is a person who exists and he's now the undisputed consensus #2, I guess:

https://www.nhl.com/news/2018-nhl-mock-draft-final-rasmus-dahlin-no-1/c-299112416?tid=277764372

The consensus 3-10 pool is more or less set, but there is zero frking agreement re: order.

Assuming he meant to have MTL and ARI switch places, I could see all of that happening. As much as I want one of the D, I'd be thrilled if it did. 

53 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Good point. Chiarelli, Snow, Bergevin, any other "bad" GM...still no one trading top-10s for whatever pile of middling assets.

Pipe. Dream.

Sometimes it's fun to discuss pipe dreams...

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What's SOP this year?

If Zadina falls to 6th, but we take one of the Dmen, do we frigout?

No.

If all of the Dmen are available, but we take Wahlstrom, do we lose our beans?

No.

If we take Noel Serron do we all suicide pact?

Yes.

32 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Assuming he meant to have MTL and ARI switch places, I could see all of that happening. As much as I want one of the D, I'd be thrilled if it did. 

That's where I'm at as well.

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

That's where I'm at as well.

Word. Getting Zadina without having to trade up would be absolutely amazeballs.

Get Zadina and Karlsson and we might be able to bypass a rebuild entirely.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What's SOP this year?

If Zadina falls to 6th, but we take one of the Dmen, do we frigout?

If all of the Dmen are available, but we take Wahlstrom, do we lose our beans?

If we take Noel Serron do we all suicide pact?

One of the shows had said that the surrgance of the D-men in the draft may really impact where Tkachuk and Zadina fall. I think if Zadina is there at #6, and if he truly is the most elite scorer in the draft, we have to take him. But honestly, if Bouchard and Dobson are taken in the top 5 and Zadina/Wahlstrom are available, it doesn't matter which one we take, both are legit upgrades to our top 6. If we draft O at #6 and, as some analysts have said could happen, Boqvist falls into the teens, it would be nice to trade up to get him.

Zadina may fall because Montreal will probably fail to make a deal and draft Kotkamiemi at #3 because of their need for a center.

Dahlin

Svech

Kotkaniemi

Tkachuck

Boqvist

Zadina

it's quite possible.

Serron Noel would be awesome if we could get a 20-ish pick or if he's there at 30.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 6/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, DickieDunn said:

I did too.  I hate how politics has crept into everything.

Lucky for you, that doesn't happen here.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Word. Getting Zadina without having to trade up would be absolutely amazeballs.

Get Zadina and Karlsson and we might be able to bypass a rebuild entirely.

Who coined "amazeballs" and why do they hate humanity?

www.slate.com/.../who_coined_amazeballs_and_why_do_they_hate_humanity.html
Dec 27, 2012 - In November of this year, amazeballs racked up a more dubious honor. It was added to the Dictionary of the Most Annoying Words in the English Language, where it was defined as “an exclamation inviting someone to hit you.”

Image result for amazeballs
Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie