• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Depending on who was left on the board, how many spots we move back, and the return, I'd consider it. They have to listen to offers, but I think we stay pat and draft BPA at 6.

I will be...

Enjoy the event! I'm sure it'll be a pretty cool experience.

So "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" never applies to Newfies then, right?

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The team would score more if we had capable dmen. Just sayin'.

I get that, but it would be nice to have a true goal scorer also. One that can create his own shot and finish. As I said I know we need a Dmen more, in general it would help complete the team more. I don't disagree, it's more of a selfish request on my end.

AA, Svech, #30, #36, Franzen (contract to bring them closer to new cap floor) for Hanafin!

Do it! :lol:

Ok, I am at work for 16 hours, I am getting giddy!

I do like the idea of AA and #30 to EDM for the #10 though...but I am sure it'd cost a bit more than that. Whoever mentioned AA on McDavid's wing is on the mark! SPEED!

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I continue to wonder how Canadians can afford to drink...I mean - isn't a case of beer up there now run $40 to $50?

Nah, depending on what you buy, under $30, which is around $20 USD.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

TSN's latest mock has us taking Hughes. With Dobson and Bouchard still on the board, that would be wrong, IMO.

Then at 30, they have us taking someone named Liam Foudy. Don't know iota about him.

Yeah have a feeling Hughes is the pick no matter who is left on the board...not my choice.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

TSN's latest mock has us taking Hughes. With Dobson and Bouchard still on the board, that would be wrong, IMO.

Then at 30, they have us taking someone named Liam Foudy. Don't know iota about him.

Hughes
Hghe
Hge
Hage
Hague

My final Draftwired got me Evan Bouchard, K'Andre Miller, Alexnder Alexeeyev, Jacob Olofsson,

Curtis Hall, Adam Samuelsson, Curtis Douglas, Albin Eriksson, Ryan O'Reilly, Patrick Giles, and Alexandre Steeves.  That's the best I've done so I'm quitting after 50 trys.  Would have liked Mattias Samuelsson either second or third but I would be happy with this one.

47 minutes ago, Dabura said:

FWIW, Hughes is probably the most NHL-ready of those four defensemen. Almqvist is a project, Dobson and Bouchard are both probably a year away.

I would have said Bouchard is most NHL ready and the rest need a year to develop. Could be wrong though...