• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM EDT 10/24/17

Rate this topic

I think this game makes a legitimate, honest push to get Blashill gone. You respond in games like this to how poorly you played last game, get called out, get reamed, and come back and play like this? Get shut out? 

There's no motivation to respond to their coach, and they couldn't once again assemble productive lines. 

We need a coaching change before we begin to rebuild and drive forward.

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

I think this game makes a legitimate honest push to get Blashill gone. You respond in games like this to how poorly you played last game, get called out, get reamed, and come back and play like this? Get shut out? 

There's no motivation to respond to their coach, and they couldn't once again assemble productive lines. 

When do we get a GM change?  He's the one that put this crappy roster together.  Scotty Bowman could yell and mix lines until he's blue in the face.  Wouldn't help to turn this roster into a good team.

7 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I hope when AA comes back he's immediately in the top 6 getting top 6 minutes and we can start to develop something on offense. Tough loss.

He'll be benched for not playing defense and half the board will agree with the medication.

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

When do we get a GM change?  He's the one that put this crappy roster together.  Scotty Bowman could yell and mix lines until he's blue in the face.  Wouldn't help to turn this roster into a good team.

I agree, but it's a much bigger development to have a GM change than a head coach change. Long term, Holland needs to be gone also, but it's a less realistic option right now. Even all things considered, and this may not be a popular opinion, but I don't think our offense is terrible, I think a lot of the players aren't being utilized properly. Frk had an excellent start to the season in the top 6, he was visible in many shifts, then he gets buried on the 3rd line with the insanely sluggish Nielsen and Helm combo that are doing hardly nothing.

I can almost bet money that when AA is here, he's back to 6 to 8 minutes a night, being underused, and talent wasted in favor of players proven to be streaky and unproductive like Nyquist and Abdelkader. 

Just now, Wingnut1989 said:

i hate the nielson contract

I'm about done defending this guy. Before he came, he was actually one of my favorite players as a 2nd line C in NYI. He was defensively responsible, and was a very smart passer, good for 50+ points a season. Here, being stuck on the 3rd line, with the likes of Helm and Abdelkader, I partially feel like he's set up to fail, but at the same time, his play isn't helping his cause and he's projecting like he doesn't care and he knows the state of this team. I can say the same about 3 or 4 other players as well though. 

8 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I can almost bet money that when AA is here, he's back to 6 to 8 minutes a night, being underused, and talent wasted in favor of players proven to be streaky and unproductive like Nyquist and Abdelkader. 

For what it's worth, AA's been promised a spot in the top nine and, I believe, a spot on the PP and the PK.

Also, I think it's been more or less officially reported that one of the big reasons why AA held out was Blashill.

So, basically, I'm assuming that if AA plays, he's going to play a lot. And with these past two games, I'm starting to wonder if Blashill isn't on thin ice right now.

32 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I think this game makes a legitimate, honest push to get Blashill gone. You respond in games like this to how poorly you played last game, get called out, get reamed, and come back and play like this? Get shut out? 

I’m all for getting rid of him, I was one that thought he wouldn’t be this bad. I honestly don’t think we look that bad of a roster. Who’s even out there that we could bring in?