• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM EDT 10/24/17

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

that stick that was left on the ice saved the las second EN goal.

What's up with Blash not using his right hand shoters where he is supposed to?

I need a case, they don't sell it around here.

Who is "that stick that was left on the ice" and is he available? Guys got top pair potential.

disgusting...
it feels like you just ate a 22oz steak... unsalted, overcooked and overpriced... although paid by your rich uncle, but you had to finish every piece of that s.h.i.t...

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who is "that stick that was left on the ice" and is he available? Guys got top pair potential.

I believe it was Mike Green's... but I could be wrong. Give that stick a multi-year contract already!

Oh, and this team, including the coaches, are all hot garbage.

2 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I believe it was Mike Green's... but I could be wrong. Give that stick a multi-year contract already!

I dont have any problem giving 'That Stick' 5 mil for 5 years. Hes more of a defensive Dman, but if its Greens stick its a righty, which we need.

8 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm about done defending this guy. Before he came, he was actually one of my favorite players as a 2nd line C in NYI. He was defensively responsible, and was a very smart passer, good for 50+ points a season. Here, being stuck on the 3rd line, with the likes of Helm and Abdelkader, I partially feel like he's set up to fail, but at the same time, his play isn't helping his cause and he's projecting like he doesn't care and he knows the state of this team. I can say the same about 3 or 4 other players as well though. 

One common denominator...coaching.

Worst hockey game I have ever seen, in person, in my life. Both teams were awful. No wonder tickets 6 rows from the glass were $25. I can’t think of one nice play or any moments where I was on the edge of my seat.

On a side note, Buffalo fans have awful chirps. Chanting Dat-sucks as I walk through the concourse only to have no response when I mention that they’ve been rebuilding since 1970.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

Dave Tippett.

Absolutely!  If Arizona was any indication, he knows how to get the most out of his players.  If we're still bad with him as our coach, then we truly have no talent, but I know that's not the case.  The team doesn't seem to be responding well to Blash for whatever reason and haven't been since Spring of 2016.  Keeping him as coach makes no sense unless they are tanking for better picks.

Last night, I noticed Larkin out skating his linemates in a big way, like Mantha and Frk were not able to keep up.  He would get into the zone, then have to stick handle until they caught up.  Seems like AA would be a great linemate for him in the near future.

Nielsen has been terrible. 2 points, -3 in 10 games, 38.7% in face-offs... He may be the worst contract on the books right now. Ericsson has actually been decent in my opinion, and I'd take Ericsson at $4.25M for 3 seasons over Nielsen at $5.25M for 5 seasons any day... I'd trade both in the offseason though...

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I dont have any problem giving 'That Stick' 5 mil for 5 years. Hes more of a defensive Dman, but if its Greens stick its a righty, which we need.

but Blash doesn't know how to set up his righties, not even on the PP. 

9 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

yep it was Green's, he lost it in the previous play and almost let in an EN

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Last season there were a handful of coaches available that are considered vastly superior to Blashill, and yet Holland did nothing.

IMHO - if Blashill is let go after this season - then so should Holland.

I think that maybe because he's a young coach, they're giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving him some time.  Unless others and myself are misreading this (which is possible) this problem we're having is more locker room than talent.  We have holes in the lineup to be sure, but I feel like we could have the 2nd coming of Nick Lidstrom and Steve Yzerman on this team and we'd be maybe slightly above 500. 

As I've mentioned on this board before, literally every player on this team has regressed with Blashill as coach.  Meaning, when they first showed up, they played well or at a certain level, then as time went on, they got progressively worse.  Larkin is the only one bouncing back, but Nyquist, Tatar, DK, Nielsen, Helm, Howard, Mrazek, etc, they're all performing worse than they were earlier in their careers.  Being prepared and putting together good line and defensive combos aside, that is the biggest problem with Blashill because it won't matter who we get in the draft, they won't be developed properly for the NHL. 

I know we say its a team game but we have decent forwards, our problem is the D. Cant get it out the zone fast enough or to a team player. The amount of times we cough it up or fail to clear the lines is laughable for top pro players, in fact it can be embarrassing at times. These are basic plays that we cant seem to execute for some reason or other. 5 game skid, but 4 of the next 5 on the road doesn't bode well for our chances. How long will our  Chris I let a losing run go before he says enough is enough, maybe there is some locker room unrest and Blash is losing the rooms trust but we need to decide which way/direction we are going because at the moment this rosters form is neither here or there.

0-4-1 in the last five. Disgusting. 

Can’t score, can’t defend. Only thing that’s been somewhat solid lately is the goaltending. Late 90’s Hasek couldn’t save this team though.

Blashill needs to f*** off. After the Vancouver effort they respond by being shut out by Buffalo? He’s a joke. The players obviously don’t respect him or worry about losing ice time if they don’t work for it. 

Whatever though, pile up the losses for that lottery pick. Best outcome they can have this season. 

4 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Absolutely!  If Arizona was any indication, he knows how to get the most out of his players.  If we're still bad with him as our coach, then we truly have no talent, but I know that's not the case.  The team doesn't seem to be responding well to Blash for whatever reason and haven't been since Spring of 2016.  Keeping him as coach makes no sense unless they are tanking for better picks.

Last night, I noticed Larkin out skating his linemates in a big way, like Mantha and Frk were not able to keep up.  He would get into the zone, then have to stick handle until they caught up.  Seems like AA would be a great linemate for him in the near future.

Darryl Sutter is another option.

14 hours ago, Wingnut1989 said:

i hate the nielson contract

Yep. I have since it was signed. Too much money, too long term. I doubt any team would take him off our hands with that contract if Holland explored the option, which he won’t. Took him months to ditch Sheahan with teams wanting him since the deadline. Only pulled the trigger recently cause of cap. Had he had the space, he’d still be here doing nothing.

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Darryl Sutter is another option.

That would just be too smart of a move. Finals with Calgary in ‘04, two Cups with LA recently. He’s no nonsense and would whip this lazy floater roster into shape pretty fast, including the vets. The past is the past, what you’ve done till this point shouldn’t matter one bit. The Cup win was ten seasons ago, and not many guys left from it. Abby, Helm, Z, Kronwall, I think Errorsson? Might be missing a couple off hand. No special treatment for anyone. Z is the only one who deserves that at this point, but he shouldn’t be able to dictate where he plays. If your needed at C, you play C, Wing, you play wing. Blash tiptoes around the vets, but him especially.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Apparently Sutter had to be coaxed outta 'retirement' to coach the Kings.

Not that I'd have any issue with him behind the Wings bench (truth be told I'd love him there), but he's a 'fossil' by todays standards - as in - he prefers a 'heavy game' where you use your size, and a heavy physical forecheck to create offense...This team is softer than the cinnamon butter at any Texas Roadhouse restaurant.

Yup - dinosaurs like Sutter are not welcomed by the players in the NHL today.

True enough. They all want to get their money and not have to be pushed and worked too hard. I bet the vets love it under Blash. No accountability, some already have their Cup ring, just show up and “play”. They’re ice time is guaranteed. Kronwall situation is a great example. He clearly can’t keep up with the NHL anymore, slow, defensive liability, good for maybe a few points, but he gets top pairing minutes some nights. Blash refuses to bench or scratch him. He should be 7th d man at this point. Or retire and stop looking like a fool out there.

Chelios was relegated to 7th d man in his final season or two. Three time Cup winner and a Norris winner. Didn’t matter. He was declining and a liability. Babs used him sparingly. But Blash can’t do that with Kronner when he’s probably worse off than Chelly was? 

6 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

Worst hockey game I have ever seen, in person, in my life. Both teams were awful. No wonder tickets 6 rows from the glass were $25. I can’t think of one nice play or any moments where I was on the edge of my seat.

On a side note, Buffalo fans have awful chirps. Chanting Dat-sucks as I walk through the concourse only to have no response when I mention that they’ve been rebuilding since 1970.

I literally can't remember ever watching another hockey game where there were so few good scoring chances.  

22 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I literally can't remember ever watching another hockey game where there were so few good scoring chances.  

Yea it’s was brutal. I had more fun walking around and getting chirped by all the know nothing fans that Buffalo has to offer. By the end of the game I was drunk running around yelling “Brett Hull is the greatest of all time!” That really pissed them off.

7 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Yea it’s was brutal. I had more fun walking around and getting chirped by all the know nothing fans that Buffalo has to offer. By the end of the game I was drunk running around yelling “Brett Hull is the greatest of all time!” That really pissed them off.

Hahaha

I get why their fans are still pissed about that. Too this day, that was one of the worst screw ups on a Cup winning goal ever, in a time when a skate in the crease (not to mention a blatant one like that) was automatically considered no goal. Was clear as day. Lol

How many goals did Holmstrom get called off for interference by just screening a goalie outside of the blue paint? And they let Hull’s goal stand?