• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/28 GDT - Red Wings at Panthers - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just now, kickazz said:

That's a decent amount of point lead tbh 

I'd just figured the gaps would be wider.

Tampa's spent the past two weeks doing nothing but winning and we've spent the past two weeks doing nothing but losing, and they've handed us two regulation losses.

Toronto's a bit less surprising because they're an imperfect team, but, still, I'd assumed there'd be more space between us after this 1-5-1 stretch of ours.

Solid game by the entire team for the most part. That Mantha/Larkin/AA line is awesome. AA is absolutely flying out there, but I see his minutes are still being a bit limited compared to the other two. Blash letting him ease back in I guess, but he looks more than in shape and ready.

Only bad thing about that game was the shots against. 50. They need to limit that, just ridiculous. Howard looked tired and probably a bit dehydrated by the end. Luckily he played great, but had he had an off night it would have been ugly. Gotta give more defensive support somehow. 

Larkin could have easily have costed us the game last night. That applies to the game prior also which is alarming if it becomes a trend, need to keep tabs on that.

He is losing puckbattles and resorts to violations in an attempt to repair it after the fact. With that said I believe that he'll sort it out. Let's give it a few more games before drawing any conclusions. Just wanted to mention as it seems as a legitimate concern, but a minor one for now.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:20 AM, Dabura said:

I'd just figured the gaps would be wider.

Tampa's spent the past two weeks doing nothing but winning and we've spent the past two weeks doing nothing but losing, and they've handed us two regulation losses.

Toronto's a bit less surprising because they're an imperfect team, but, still, I'd assumed there'd be more space between us after this 1-5-1 stretch of ours.

I mean we're pretty bad. Out of the whole NHL there's only 8 teams underneath us in points and all but 2 of them have played less games (some as much as 3). It's hard for a lot of separation with loser points. The Coyotes have managed to defy the odds with their legendary performance.

13 hours ago, Number19 said:

I mean we're pretty bad. Out of the whole NHL there's only 8 teams underneath us in points and all but 2 of them have played less games (some as much as 3). It's hard for a lot of separation with loser points. The Coyotes have managed to defy the odds with their legendary performance.

I know we're bad, I'm just saying. We have one loser point and we're 1-5-1 in our last seven. Just thought the gaps would be wider. Doesn't really mean anything, just an observation.

We're not "Bad" but we're also not "Good". We are in the middle. Sports fans in general are usually a bit over the top when it comes to assessing their own teams, as for some it can be therapeutic to just say things like "ughhh we suck" "OMG our team is so s***!" etc. But in reality we are a fridge playoff team. If all things click we can land in that 6th/7th/8th spot......if things don't go well we can fall right out.

We're a team lacking elite players, we have good secondary scoring that is playing a line above what they should, and we have a D with 2-3 second pairing guys, and 4 bottom pairing/7th man type guys. Having this type of roster will lead to average play. Hopefully the kids can take it to the next level.

Edited by kliq

16 minutes ago, kliq said:

We're not "Bad" but we're also not "Good". We are in the middle. Sports fans in general are usually a bit over the top when it comes to assessing their own teams, as for some it can be therapeutic to just say things like "ughhh we suck" "OMG our team is so s***!" etc. But in reality we are a fridge playoff team. If all things click we can land in that 6th/7th/8th spot......if things don't go well we can fall right out.

We a team lacking elite players, we have good secondary scoring that is playing a line above what they should, and we a D with 2-3 second pairing guys, and 4 bottom pairing/7th man type guys. Having this type of roster will lead to average play. Hopefully the kids can take it to the next level.

We’re worse than The Undertaker post wrestlemania loss.