• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

And why would we want to kill the tanking for Dahlin?

There's no guarantee we'd even get the #1. As a matter of fact even if we finished dead last, I fully believe the balls will not fall our way. I'd love for it to happen, but it's just our luck that won't allow it.

If Green keep up putting points like this we will at least have a 1st (2018) and 3rd (2019).

Nyquist should be traded, 1st rounder (should not be an issue).

Nielsen should be available also, send him To Montreal for 1st rounder and McCarron (career AHL-er).

Abdelkader, Helm, LG, Errorson... should all be available as a cap dump.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

There's no guarantee we'd even get the #1. As a matter of fact even if we finished dead last, I fully believe the balls will not fall our way. I'd love for it to happen, but it's just our luck that won't allow it.

I'm more afraid of KH not selecting Dahlin even if we ends up with 1st overall.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Yeah, it's just the way it's set up. 31st overall in the standings gets an 18% chance to land the number one overall pick. Obviously higher than any other team, but that still leaves an 82% chance of picking anywhere between 2nd and 4th. 30th overall actually has slightly better odds of moving up to 1st overall (12.5%) than staying at 2nd overall (12.1%), but still has a 75.4% chance to drop back, picking anywhere between 3rd and 5th. 29th overall has double the odds to move in the number 1-2 slot (20.9%) than staying in the number 3 slot (10.3%), but has a 68.9% chance to drop back anywhere between 4th and 6th.

As it sits right now, we're 25th overall, giving us the 7th best odds in the Dahlin sweepstakes at just 6.7%. We also have a 7 and 7.2 percent chance at the number 2 and 3 overall picks respectively. We have a 23.1% chance at staying at 7th overall (slightly higher than the 20.9% chance of us picking top 3), and a 56% chance to drop back between 8th and 10th...

28 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

If Green keep up putting points like this we will at least have a 1st (2018) and 3rd (2019).

Nyquist should be traded, 1st rounder (should not be an issue).

Nielsen should be available also, send him To Montreal for 1st rounder and McCarron (career AHL-er).

Abdelkader, Helm, LG, Errorson... should all be available as a cap dump.

I think Green could possibly get us close to that return, but more likely it's just the 1st or two 2nd's in my opinion.

I'm not opposed to trading Nyquist or Tatar, but I doubt either will be traded, unless a whole new management group is brought in, which I also doubt...

Nielsen is the number one player I'd like to trade, but we're not getting close to that sort of return for him. I think we'd be lucky to get a mid round pick, and that includes us retaining salary. By the way, why do you think McCarron is a career AHLer? I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the show, and wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a middle 6 winger. Not sure where you're getting that from...

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Totally agree look at what happened with Colorado last year from #1 overall to #4 overall that would be just our luck as well.

Looking at the standings...

Montreal, Florida, Edmonton, Minnesota are all below us. (Minnesota's a point behind us with two games in hand.) I'd expect all of those teams to finish above us this season.

Point being, we might genuinely have a good shot at lottery placement this season. I'm not getting my hopes up for a top-three pick, but I'm thinking it's more realistic this season than it was last season. (Also: no charity odds for Vegas this time.)

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Yep. Dahlin is going #1 to Edmonton. Count on it.

How many teams trade a first at the deadline anymore, especially for a guy over 30 with an expiring deal?  There's no way he brings a first round pick in a trade.

Being dead last doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives you the best chance at #1 and means you can't pick below 4th.  Wings had another #4 overall turn out to be pretty good.  It's certainly better than another pick in the 10-15 range.

20 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

How many teams trade a first at the deadline anymore, especially for a guy over 30 with an expiring deal?  There's no way he brings a first round pick in a trade.

Being dead last doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives you the best chance at #1 and means you can't pick below 4th.  Wings had another #4 overall turn out to be pretty good.  It's certainly better than another pick in the 10-15 range.

Depends on the player, last year it happened twice. If Hanzal can bring in a first, I think Green can IF he keeps scoring.

FEBRUARY 27St. Louis Blues trade D Kevin Shattenkirk and G Pheonix Copley to Washington Capitals for 2017 first-round pick, conditional draft picks and forwards Zach Sanford and Brad Malone

FEBRUARY 26: Arizona Coyotes trade F Martin Hanzal, F Ryan White and fourth-round pick in 2017 Draft to Minnesota Wild for F Grayson Downing, first-round pick in 2017 Draft, second-round pick in 2018 and conditional pick in 2019

Was either yesterday or Friday and there really seemed to be some traction on Duchene going to the Sens, but Codi Ceci was the player Ottawa didn't want to part with...and that nixed the deal.  

#Sens get: Duchene #Avalanche get: Colin White, OTT and NAS 1st in '18 #Predators get: Turris 

fake

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Everyone loves a good three-way. :lol:

...yes..well..oh...yes.. 

eh.. uhm... do you count these two on the screen or not?

Edited by Juklitz

4 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

#Sens get: Duchene #Avalanche get: Colin White, OTT and NAS 1st in '18 #Predators get: Turris 

So...Preds get Turris for a (probably late-round) 1st? Dang. Even if Turris doesn't sign with them, that's still a pretty good deal for them.

EDIT: Oh, fake news?

Edited by Dabura

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

:lol:

Quite the haul... who wins this trade?

Wow, lot of pieces.

My first impression...no real loser here. Maybe the Sens, because I'm not sure Duchene is a clear upgrade over Turris. Probably a lateral move at worst.

Samuel Girard appears to be a stud, but the Preds are stacked on the blue line and they want to win a Cup and they absolutely needed to find a high-end top-six centerman. And, if I have my facts right, he's signed an extension.

Avs get ALL THE THINGS in exchange for a 2C. Looks like Sakic was smart to hold out this long.