• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't care why you believe little to no teams would be interested in Ericsson. The point is that you do believe this, regardless how you came to this conclusion. I disagree. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Regarding the bolded, are you f***ing serious? I said you'd turn this into something it's not, and here we are... I've said countless times that we "could trade Ericsson", just that Holland won't. Teams would want additional incentive to take on a bad contract? Really? What a concept... If only I had thought of that... :sleepy:

But I do NOT believe "little to no teams would be interested in Ericsson". That is the entire point that I am trying to convey. That statement is only part of what I was saying: which is that we would have to pay someone to take him. Something you agree with. 

I wasn't saying that to say you were wrong, or contradict the idea that we could theoretically trade Ericsson, or suggest it was something you didn't already know. I mentioned it only as the reason why I think a buyout could be a better option, if it came down needing to get rid of E.

4 minutes ago, Buppy said:

But I do NOT believe "little to no teams would be interested in Ericsson". That is the entire point that I am trying to convey. That statement is only part of what I was saying: which is that we would have to pay someone to take him. Something you agree with. 

I wasn't saying that to say you were wrong, or contradict the idea that we could theoretically trade Ericsson, or suggest it was something you didn't already know. I mentioned it only as the reason why I think a buyout could be a better option, if it came down needing to get rid of E.

Ok, so if you don't believe that, why did you say it? And when I very clearly indicated that that is what I disagreed with, why did you continue to argue something we agree on? The very thing I said right from the beginning, that we'd have to give up something to trade Ericsson... Seems like back peddling to me, but whatever. It's never going to happen, so it's irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

Yes! Move him! Now the rules on the CBA..... not sure if putting cash into a deal is allowed anymore. We have cash.... we need the cap. Heck I would take another pick for him. To resign Mantha, Larkin, AA, and Mrasek its going to take 12+ million and we dont have it. It might be closer to 16 million to get all 4 resigned.

We've $13 million in cap, The cap will at least increase by $2 million plus Franzen on LTIR is close to $19 million right there and i almost bet that Mrazek isn't resigned he'll have to post a Vezina type season for Holland to resign him We'll be just fine. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok, so if you don't believe that, why did you say it? And when I very clearly indicated that that is what I disagreed with, why did you continue to argue something we agree on? The very thing I said right from the beginning, that we'd have to give up something to trade Ericsson... Seems like back peddling to me, but whatever. It's never going to happen, so it's irrelevant.

As I very clearly explained earlier, that statement was made within the context of saying we would have to pay someone to take him. What I was arguing against was you very clearly taking that statement out of that context. 

"I can't see it happening without paying a team to take him..." is from the very same paragraph you quoted to start the argument. No backpedaling at all.

But yeah, whatever. I see no point in going further.

2 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

We've $13 million in cap, The cap will at least increase by $2 million plus Franzen on LTIR is close to $19 million right there and i almost bet that Mrazek isn't resigned he'll have to post a Vezina type season for Holland to resign him We'll be just fine. 

We have 17 million available with Franzen on LTIR to spend. That leaves zero room to actually improve the team. Only tread water. Mrazek isn't going to be allowed to walk and nobody wanted him or Howard last off season. There just isn't much of a market for G's. I can see each of Mantha, Larkin, AA, and Mrazek getting 4 million per. That still doesn't give us a 23 man roster either. Fact is at some point soon someone has to go.  be it Nyquist who is the easiest to replace internally, or Helm, or LTIR Kronwall, or buyout Ericsson etc....

13 hours ago, Buppy said:

As I very clearly explained earlier, that statement was made within the context of saying we would have to pay someone to take him. What I was arguing against was you very clearly taking that statement out of that context. 

"I can't see it happening without paying a team to take him..." is from the very same paragraph you quoted to start the argument. No backpedaling at all.

But yeah, whatever. I see no point in going further.

Ok, so I said we should try to trade Ericsson to a team by retaining salary and adding some other form of asset. You counter that by saying, little to no teams will be interested in trading for Ericsson, unless we retain salary and give up some sort of asset. Got it. Makes so much sense now...

If we kept $1.5M - $2M in E's salary and only wanted a draft pick in return, someone in need of D depth would take him.

We shouldn't be looking for players in return for ANY trades that dump salary, unless its including that player in a package for that top defender we need! 

...or maybe a prospect that would spend more time in the A or at the junior level.  Maybe Florida would trade us Tippett and Vegas would trade us Hague! ( :P Sorry couldn't resist. :hysterical: )

Ericsson probably could be traded if they added a 3rd round pick and took back a middling prospect or a 4th rounder back.  The question becomes should they?  I don't think so, unless they actually add someone like Tavares and need the cap space.  Sure, the pick you send probably won't amount to much, but it might, and there's no reason to spend an asset just to get rid of a guy.

Helm, Glendening, and Abdelkader can help a team.  Not many people dispute that.  The problem is their bloated contracts, not them as players.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If we kept $1.5M - $2M in E's salary and only wanted a draft pick in return, someone in need of D depth would take him.

Maybe, maybe not.  It's your opinion that they WOULD.  I think there would be better, younger options for other teams.

21 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

A Vezina season? With this team’s defence? I doubt Holland is thinking Vezina or bust with Mrazek. Lol

If he ends the season with decent numbers, he’ll be resigned. Probably not at the amount of money he’s currently making though. He’ll be offered less and another short term. If he does have a Vezina season, he’ll get a raise and a longer contract. 

Howard is UFA after next season, and has no M-NTC left after this season. He’s getting older, and I doubt he wants to stick around Detroit past next season. Probably would like a shot at a Cup somewhere else by that point. I can see him getting traded to a contender that needs goalie insurance at next deadline for picks. If he keeps up the solid play and goes fairly injury free. The Wings will not be winning any Cups during what’s left of his career. If I was him, I know I’d want a trade.

Whether it’s Mrazek, Coreau, Petruzelli, or an outside UFA or trade, Howard has to be replaced eventually. Next season  he has zero leverage in a trade process, so its the best opportunity to trade him for a decent return and let both parties move on. But it’s Holland. He’ll probably want to re-sign him for $5 million per until the early 2020’s and tack on another NTC.

20 hours ago, Richdg said:

We have 17 million available with Franzen on LTIR to spend. That leaves zero room to actually improve the team. Only tread water. Mrazek isn't going to be allowed to walk and nobody wanted him or Howard last off season. There just isn't much of a market for G's. I can see each of Mantha, Larkin, AA, and Mrazek getting 4 million per. That still doesn't give us a 23 man roster either. Fact is at some point soon someone has to go.  be it Nyquist who is the easiest to replace internally, or Helm, or LTIR Kronwall, or buyout Ericsson etc....

Cap should increase by $2 million or $3 million on top of Franzen LTIR that should give Detroit pretty close to $20 million right there AA gets maybe $3 million if he comes on strong Larkin and Mantha probably $4.5 million each and Mrazek will get his qualifying offer of $4.15 million or so that's already about $16 million with 4 players Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Cholowski, Bertuzzi all have a shot to make the team next season and are cheap we should be fine.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

A Vezina season? With this team’s defence? I doubt Holland is thinking Vezina or bust with Mrazek. Lol

If he ends the season with decent numbers, he’ll be resigned. Probably not at the amount of money he’s currently making though. He’ll be offered less and another short term. If he does have a Vezina season, he’ll get a raise and a longer contract. 

Howard is UFA after next season, and has no M-NTC left after this season. He’s getting older, and I doubt he wants to stick around Detroit past next season. Probably would like a shot at a Cup somewhere else by that point. I can see him getting traded to a contender that needs goalie insurance at next deadline for picks. If he keeps up the solid play and goes fairly injury free. The Wings will not be winning any Cups during what’s left of his career. If I was him, I know I’d want a trade.

Whether it’s Mrazek, Coreau, Petruzelli, or an outside UFA or trade, Howard has to be replaced eventually. Next season  he has zero leverage in a trade process, so its the best opportunity to trade him for a decent return and let both parties move on. But it’s Holland. He’ll probably want to re-sign him for $5 million per until the early 2020’s and tack on another NTC.

:lol: What? Howard has zero leverage next season in the trade process, Got news for you he has a 10 team list that he can be traded to that sounds like quite a bit of leverage to me. 

4 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

:lol: What? Howard has zero leverage next season in the trade process, Got news for you he has a 10 team list that he can be traded to that sounds like quite a bit of leverage to me. 

Modified NTC expires this year https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jimmy-howard next year he has no such clause according to capfriendly.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:03 AM, kickazz said:

@Neomaxizoomdweebie Holland won’t trade E because he thinks he’s an asset to the team

Dejavu. They say you should try not to communicate with your significant other via texts because of misinterpretation leading to fights and arguments. I say misinterpretation leads to fun flame wars. :w00t:

I’ll just be quiet now and let my brethren continue this senseless love/hate. 

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Ericsson has actually played well the last few games? 

Clearly. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland re-signs Ericsson in 2 years either. Can't wait for the "Catalina Whine Mixer" that pops up in here when it happens.

(Wish I could have found a clever meme for this.)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Considering most of the posts on this page had gone off topic and became aggressive, I removed a lot of the content that quoted and addressed the comments, respectfully. Sorry for those of you who may have had a post removed during that process. Let's get back on track and on-topic. As Bill & Ted said, "Be excellent to each other."

Dang, my Jimmy comments were victimized!

:lol:

Basically all I said was considering that Jimmy has control this season if he were to be traded, I would think he'd rather be traded now instead of after July 1st 2018 when he has ZERO control of where he goes. 

Choice: 10 teams you'd accept a trade to, or 30 teams of whom of which offers the best return? Contender or Arizona/Carolina?

Not that Jimmy is on the market, but come deadline, if we are a bottom 5 team, I'd rather be traded with control rather than none.

18 hours ago, kliq said:

Modified NTC expires this year https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jimmy-howard next year he has no such clause according to capfriendly.

Wow that's great so next year we can deal him to any team we like and he has no say. That's even better retain some and get a better pick.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Dang, my Jimmy comments were victimized!

:lol:

Basically all I said was considering that Jimmy has control this season if he were to be traded, I would think he'd rather be traded now instead of after July 1st 2018 when he has ZERO control of where he goes. 

Choice: 10 teams you'd accept a trade to, or 30 teams of whom of which offers the best return? Contender or Arizona/Carolina?

Not that Jimmy is on the market, but come deadline, if we are a bottom 5 team, I'd rather be traded with control rather than none.

I don't want to deal Howard. Mrazek hasn't proven himself as a dependable, stable starter. No one else in the pipeline close to NHL ready. Don't want a Mrazek/Coreau or McCollum tandem. That would be awful. (unless of course that's what you are looking for) Keep Howard, sign Mrazek to a much lower deal this summer and keep him as back-up, or trade him and sign a competent backup in free agency (always some available) to a cheap contract.  Wait to see on Petruzelli, with Howard as starter going forward.

7 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Wow that's great so next year we can deal him to any team we like and he has no say. That's even better retain some and get a better pick.

It shouldnt be hard to trade Jimmy after this year. With one year remaining and his play being where it is I could see him being in demand and gaining us a return. Best case for us is both goalies play good, and then we move forward with Mrazek and trade Jimmy.

37 minutes ago, kliq said:

It shouldnt be hard to trade Jimmy after this year. With one year remaining and his play being where it is I could see him being in demand and gaining us a return. Best case for us is both goalies play good, and then we move forward with Mrazek and trade Jimmy.

I like your optimism. I hope you're right. But TBH, I'm picturing monkeys flying out of Mrazek's backside. :lol:

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I like your optimism. I hope you're right. But TBH, I'm picturing monkeys flying out of Mrazek's backside. :lol:

Oh I'm not optimistic about this, I am just saying best case scenario. 

What I actually think will happen....I think Mrazek's poor play will continue, we will trade him for a 3rd (similar to the jurco deal) and then we hold on to Howard and sign him to an extension, pick up a vet to back him up (A Chad Johnson type) and wait for Petruzzelli to hopefully develop. 

15 hours ago, kliq said:

What I actually think will happen....I think Mrazek's poor play will continue, we will trade him for a 3rd (similar to the jurco deal) and then we hold on to Howard and sign him to an extension, pick up a vet to back him up (A Chad Johnson type) and wait for Petruzzelli to hopefully develop. 

Prolly.

Fun stuff:

http://betweentheposts.ca/2017/11/matthews-leaf-days-are-numbered/

On 11/15/2017 at 3:09 AM, kliq said:

Oh I'm not optimistic about this, I am just saying best case scenario. 

Yes.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:32 AM, Andy Pred 48 said:

Big P and Larsson are the Wings future.

Yes.