• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, HoweFan said:

That makes so much sense.  Get rid of a once in a generation  type player that teams dream of drafting so you can keep a bunch of spare parts.  

Unreliable source with no names given. 

said an unimpeachable executive source this morning, talking on behalf of general manager Lou Lamoriello.

Matthews is a good scorer, but easily replaceable.

Ron Hextall
Steve Duchesne
Kerry Huffman
Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Chris Simon
Two first-round picks
Cash                                                              all for #88  

remember that trade? 25 years ago , i still can't figure out what the Flyers were on giving that out 

just trying to say, that anything is possible, but maybe not so much in this day and age. 

3 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Ron Hextall
Steve Duchesne
Kerry Huffman
Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Chris Simon
Two first-round picks

remember that trade? 25 years ago , i still can't figure out what the Flyers were on giving that out 

just trying to say, that anything is possible, but maybe not so much in this day and age. 

Not really comparable, Lindros refused to play for Quebec so they had to trade him. The fact that Philly gave up so much though is crazy. 

At the time Lindros was being talked about in a similar fashion to how McDavid is being talked about today.

I remember reading a Becket magazine where they ranked the top players of all time and it had Gretzky-Orr-Howe-Hull-Lindros (as in he would end up here).

Edited by kliq

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

It's a joke piece. Written in jest.

Correct. That's why I said "fun stuff".

6 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Ron Hextall
Steve Duchesne
Kerry Huffman
Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Chris Simon
Two first-round picks

That trade single-handedly built the Avs mini-dynasty

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

you know who else likes Fleetwood Mac?

3187269-183687.jpg

LOL! Mine too!

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Correct. That's why I said "fun stuff".

Right. I saw that you got it, but it seemed like not everyone picked up on it. Leafs fans and the Toronto media are so screwy that you'd be forgiven for thinking the piece is just your standard Leafs fan saying standard Leafs fan things.

On a related note: Peter Chiarelli, Marc Bergevin, and maybe a couple of other GMs are really heightening my appreciation of Ken Holland.

Edited by Dabura

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Right. I saw that you got it, but it seemed like not everyone picked up on it. Leafs fans and the Toronto media are so screwy that you'd be forgiven for thinking the piece is just your standard Leafs fan saying standard Leafs fan things.

On a related note: Peter Chiarelli, Marc Bergevin, and maybe a couple of other GMs are really heightening my appreciation of Ken Holland.

These are the GM's (along with McPhee and a few others) that Holland should be calling on a daily basis.

Can you imagine what Bergevin would give us for Ouellet? Galchenyuk straight up. Maybe not, but I'd take McCarron off their hands... Quebec kid for a Michigan kid. Win-Win.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:53 PM, Andy Pred 48 said:

Ron Hextall
Steve Duchesne
Kerry Huffman
Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Chris Simon
Two first-round picks

Hindsight is one helluva drug.. 

Really though, weren’t they in some level of bidding war with the rangers? To the point where the rangers thought they had the deal done before the flyers were officially announced in the trade, IIRC. 

On 2017-11-19 at 11:03 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That trade single-handedly built the Avs mini-dynasty

Yep. That and adding Roy as the final piece.

I remember how pissed Nords fans were when the team got moved to Colorado and won the Cup right away. I don’t really blame them though, although I highly highly doubt the Habs would have traded Roy to them if the franchise was still in the same province.

Bettman needs to give up on Arizona and move them to Quebec City. They would be so much better off with actual fans and an NHL quality arena already there ready to support and house the franchise. Probably sell tons of season tickets in days just like Winnipeg did.

15 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. That and adding Roy as the final piece.

I remember how pissed Nords fans were when the team got moved to Colorado and won the Cup right away. I don’t really blame them though, although I highly highly doubt the Habs would have traded Roy to them if the franchise was still in the same province.

Bettman needs to give up on Arizona and move them to Quebec City. They would be so much better off with actual fans and an NHL quality arena already there ready to support and house the franchise. Probably sell tons of season tickets in days just like Winnipeg did.

First Bold: I'm so used to picturing Roy in an Avs sweater that I forget he was in Montreal first. So my point was actually incorrect. The Lindros trade didn't single-handedly do it, It was more like the main course and Roy was the dessert.

2nd Bold: They should have felt that way. In their final season in Quebec, the Nordiques were the number one seed in the East (even with Fiset in goal) and got beat by the Rangers in the 1st round. The next season the team moves to Denver, acquires a HOF goalie, and wins the Cup. Not fair to that fanbase.

Bold with underline: I agree with you. No way the Habs trade Roy to Quebec City.

2nd Bold  with underline: While I agree with you that a team will be moved to Quebec City, I don't want it to be Arizona. If that happens, an eastern time zone team gets moved to the Western Conference. Guess who is the westernmost located Eastern conference team? I would rather have someone like the Canes, Devils, Panthers, or Islanders move there to avoid the realignment issues. If the Coyotes are going to be moved, it should be to Seattle or Houston.