• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

First Bold: I'm so used to picturing Roy in an Avs sweater that I forget he was in Montreal first. So my point was actually incorrect. The Lindros trade didn't single-handedly do it, It was more like the main course and Roy was the dessert.

2nd Bold: They should have felt that way. In their final season in Quebec, the Nordiques were the number one seed in the East (even with Fiset in goal) and got beat by the Rangers in the 1st round. The next season the team moves to Denver, acquires a HOF goalie, and wins the Cup. Not fair to that fanbase.

Bold with underline: I agree with you. No way the Habs trade Roy to Quebec City.

2nd Bold  with underline: While I agree with you that a team will be moved to Quebec City, I don't want it to be Arizona. If that happens, an eastern time zone team gets moved to the Western Conference. Guess who is the westernmost located Eastern conference team? I would rather have someone like the Canes, Devils, Panthers, or Islanders move there to avoid the realignment issues. If the Coyotes are going to be moved, it should be to Seattle or Houston.

Yeah, the Nords fanbase went through years of horrible teams. They pull off the Lindros deal, become an instant playoff team, finally. Keep getting better, then have the rug pulled out from under them and see the relocated team win the Cup. That’s just brutal. Even if they hadn’t gotten Roy, they were pretty much a solid goalie and maybe a couple years away from winning it in Quebec. Roy just sped up the process in Colorado.

As for the move from Arizona, I didn’t think of the Conference realignment issues. Definitely don’t want to see Detroit in the West again. Florida, Carolina, etc. would be better. Arizona came to mind instantly though. That franchise is screwed as long as they stay there. Can’t believe Doan wasted his career there sticking it out. Don’t recall him ever asking for a trade to a contender either.

Our Blashill issues.. Did you mention Hakstol in Philly? Crowd chanting "Fire Hakstol", Hextall making some very funny comments on team setup, his answer to why Samuel Morin isn’t here: "The veteran presence, I can’t explain it to you guys, but it makes a huge difference. Just to patch 6 kids in there and say, ‘Go get ‘em, guys,’ you’re looking for disaster. You’re not helping those kids" ...

Anyway, only rumor I´m interested in - where does Green go. 

23 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, the Nords fanbase went through years of horrible teams. They pull off the Lindros deal, become an instant playoff team, finally. Keep getting better, then have the rug pulled out from under them and see the relocated team win the Cup. That’s just brutal. Even if they hadn’t gotten Roy, they were pretty much a solid goalie and maybe a couple years away from winning it in Quebec. Roy just sped up the process in Colorado.

As for the move from Arizona, I didn’t think of the Conference realignment issues. Definitely don’t want to see Detroit in the West again. Florida, Carolina, etc. would be better. Arizona came to mind instantly though. That franchise is screwed as long as they stay there. Can’t believe Doan wasted his career there sticking it out. Don’t recall him ever asking for a trade to a contender either.

Then Avs fans claimed to be the best fan base in hockey because they sold out the arena for an instant winner.  How's that attendance now?  http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance  Oh, 26th, selling under 85% of their tickets.

BTW, why sin't Carolina on the "we need to move this mess" list.  They're at 62.4% capacity

23 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Then Avs fans claimed to be the best fan base in hockey because they sold out the arena for an instant winner.  How's that attendance now?  http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance  Oh, 26th, selling under 85% of their tickets.

BTW, why sin't Carolina on the "we need to move this mess" list.  They're at 62.4% capacity

Valid statement.  However, as typical, follow the money and the relationships.  I see the Canes being relocated being a tough battle for the NHL/Bettman.  Karmanos (who owns the Canes) has pretty deep hockey ties to the NHL/Bettman.  Phoenix on the other hand, I much more could see happening.  Their primary ownership is a hedge fund manager and doesn't have the history or relationship pull as Karmanos does.  Just as Bettman finally gave in to Mr. I and putting us in the Eastern Conference due to Mr. I's status as an owner, commitment to his product, AND being a good sport in letting his team taking a beating in terms of traveling all over the West Coast for years.  Not to mention the TV revenue that was lost as many sponsors didn't want to buy ad packages with the Wings due to the fact that many of their games started at 9-10 PM local time, and didn't end till after midnight.  The reasoning was that the Wings were always a HUGE draw on the West coast and sold TONS of tickets across West coast arena's for regular season games.  I firmly believe factors and scenarios like this figure into the discussions and decisions in the back rooms of the NHL executive offices.

Green to STL for a 1st if he goes west. 

Btw, the only thing this season interests me now is the Tank for Dahlin and the fire sale of the salary. So that is my only saving grace to this season. If they screw around and don' get the best chance at #1, then the season would be in vain.

They MUST dump $20-$25M in salary at the deadline or before if they choose to.  But it must be done. 

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

My only concern about the Canes is that how much longer does Karmanos want to own that franchise, and having it sit there?

Granted he may not like losing $$$, but then again he's said to have deep pockets.

He's actively trying to sell. Had an agreement with someone this summer, but apparently the guy couldn't raise the money.

I think someone's going to buy them, move them west, then shortly after we'll get a QC expansion.

40 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

something a foot in GR tonight, 19 NHL scouts at the game v Texas. Could be some roster movement but how this will help the Wings im not too sure, whos in GR that would garner such interest i wonder.

Svechnikov?

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I wouldn't mind moving the Canes to QC. They never should have been moved from Hartford in the first place IMO. That said, I only see one of either Carolina or Florida being relocated. After losing Atlanta for the second time, I don't think the league wants to lose anymore SE US teams. The Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area has a population of over 2 million people so I  don't see the league giving up on it so easily. The Panthers have that whole Miami/South Beach thing going on so I can see them becoming the Coyotes East.

Believe it or not, I actually think its more likely for either the Devils or Islanders to be relocated. The Islanders are the NY Mets of the NHL and the Devils are located halfway between NY and Philly. Both of those teams are more expendable and redundant.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Svechnikov?

I'm guessing Lashoff.

If the Thrashers management had any clue at all they'd have been a success I think.  It bugs me that Buttman has done everything in his power to keep the Coyotes in Arizona but as soon as the Thrashers were mentioned as possible relocation team he was like "K see ya."  I think in his mind letting the Coyotes move is a failure on his part at this point and he'll insist on throwing good money after bad.  Neither Miami nor Carolina need a team.  Miami is more of an event town, too many other distractions for a team with a long schedule to draw people consistently.  Carolina is just not a hockey market and I doubt it ever will be.   Even when they've been good they can't get fans.

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

If the Thrashers management had any clue at all they'd have been a success I think.  It bugs me that Buttman has done everything in his power to keep the Coyotes in Arizona but as soon as the Thrashers were mentioned as possible relocation team he was like "K see ya."  I think in his mind letting the Coyotes move is a failure on his part at this point and he'll insist on throwing good money after bad.  Neither Miami nor Carolina need a team.  Miami is more of an event town, too many other distractions for a team with a long schedule to draw people consistently.  Carolina is just not a hockey market and I doubt it ever will be.   Even when they've been good they can't get fans.

Went to a game a few years ago in Raleigh and the Canes were out of the hunt it was a like a Wings home game. Met people who had drove from VA and other surrounding states to get to the game ..why cause of deals like I got 4 rows off the ice @ almost center ice 95 per ticket well worth my 6 hour drive one way. 

When Atlanta had a team they didn't do too bad with sales when teams with loyal fan bases like Wings, Rangers(we have a lot of NYers here) Hawks etc. What killed them is Atlanta fans are fixated on SEC football 7x24x365 so when Braves, Hawks etc semi suck seats are empty and that ain't changing anytime soon let alone a sport played on ice.  Plus as I heard many times when in attendance at Phillips folks around me thought hockey was nothing but goon time. 

Funny you mentioned Miami being an event town yet the NHL put a team in the biggest event town in the USA this year. I say move the Panthers to QC. 

16 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

yo! I heard AA can fly!

umm AA while that's super great I prefer you not to do that and come down wrong and blow a knee....just my thinking as an owner

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Like it for both sides.  Both players needed a change of scenery.

Yup. And fills a need for both; especially given the injuries to Getzlaf and Kessler 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Beat me to it amato.

I think Anaheim wins this trade. Although I've never been a big fan of Vatanen, so take that for what it's worth...

I agree the ducks probably win it by a little bit but I don’t know anything about the second player and it’ll depend on what they do with the pick. I do like Vatanen, but think they sold high and they definitely have the depth to make up for his loss. Like the trade for both sides for sure. 

2 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Hope not unless Ericsson is going bye bye.

Keep in mind this “source” also “reported” that Drew Miller was 100% being brought back.

i actually wouldn’t mind it if someone like E or Kronwall were moved. Him and DD played great together on the second pairing.