• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Good piece on Anthony Duclair:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/anthony-duclair-hidden-gem-nhl-trade-market/

If we want to rebuild on the fly and be back in Cup contention within the next three years, this is the kind of situation we have to pounce on.

What do you think it would realistically cost us to acquire him? Not that it would ever happen...

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What do you think it would realistically cost us to acquire him? Not that it would ever happen...

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

One of our 2nd round picks. And considering Green probably gets that or better, I would do it.

Yeah, I'm thinking a 2nd gets it done. Maybe throw in an expendable roster player, e.g. Ouellet.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

One of our 2nd round picks. And considering Green probably gets that or better, I would do it.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I'm thinking a 2nd gets it done. Maybe throw in an expendable roster player, e.g. Ouellet.

Yeah, I'd do that for sure. Would that really be enough though?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'd do that for sure. Would that really be enough though?

I think it's in that ballpark. Arizona doesn't really have any leverage and Duclair's stock is low enough that I wouldn't expect a major bidding war over him.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sounds like Seabrook may be getting the healthy scratch tonight.

$6.875 for the next 6 years

Back in the summer I was reading the Blackhawk boards. To Hawks fans, he is their version of E.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What kind of player is he? I dont know anything about him.

1 minute ago, kliq said:

He's basically AA. Highly skilled natural scorer whose defensive game leaves a lot to be desired. Has a reputation for being headstrong and difficult to work with. The raw talent gives him a high ceiling, but he has to grow his game. Same age as AA, similar numbers this season (Duclair, AA), roughly the same ceiling (though, Duclair doesn't play center), roughly the same floor.

Would definitely take Duclair for a second plus XO.. preferably a conditional second that turns to next years if we have a top ten pick this year.

BUT my instant “yeah I’d do that” thought makes me think it’s not enough.. although, maybe they just really want to get something good for him while they can. 

10 hours ago, kliq said:

Back in the summer I was reading the Blackhawk boards. To Hawks fans, he is their version of E.

I don't recall Ericsson consistently putting up 40-50 points and being a workhorse for 25+ minutes a night. The guys burned out. He's been leaned on so heavily his entire career. 

5 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I don't recall Ericsson consistently putting up 40-50 points and being a workhorse for 25+ minutes a night. The guys burned out. He's been leaned on so heavily his entire career. 

I don’t mean they are similar players or have had similar accomplishments. I mean, he is the player like E that fans have chosen as their whipping boy. 

Duclair is a smallish winger who can put up points but isn't good defensively.  Wings need a center and 2 defensemen, and if they get a winger they need one with size who plays a power game.  He might be talented, but he's not what they need.

27 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Duclair is a smallish winger who can put up points but isn't good defensively.  Wings need a center and 2 defensemen, and if they get a winger they need one with size who plays a power game.  He might be talented, but he's not what they need.

Yes, but Duclair on a line with a defensive-minded C, makes him very dangerous! If the asking price is only a 2nd, I'd give it in a instant, plus I'd give them XO (like some have suggested) to sweetin the deal. He's well worth the gamble.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ignore @e_prime I got the spicy rumors

Dude.  Flesh out your rumors.  Additionally, Kane got tangled with Bogo in practice and injured him.  Ankle. Out 4 - 6 weeks.  So Kane had a GREAT practice today.

7 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Dude.  Flesh out your rumors.  Additionally, Kane got tangled with Bogo in practice and injured him.  Ankle. Out 4 - 6 weeks.  So Kane had a GREAT practice today.

Oh yeah. YOU felsh out YOUR rumor

That sucks though, Sabres were trying to trade Bogo

HERE'S MORE FELTCHING OF YOUR RUMOR*!

*note: actual tangling and collision is not featured in this video. just some helping and hopping.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That sucks though, Sabres were trying to trade Bogo

Remember the days when plenty of LGW (including myself) wanted BOGO?

40 minutes ago, e_prime said:

HERE'S MORE FELTCHING OF YOUR RUMOR*!

*note: actual tangling and collision is not featured in this video. just some helping and hopping.

Remember the days when plenty of LGW (including myself) wanted BOGO?

Bogo was such a hot commodity around here for forever. All my Buffalobros say he's s*** garbage.

This is pretty much why I never get jazzed about other teams players