• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

HERE'S MORE FELTCHING OF YOUR RUMOR*!

*note: actual tangling and collision is not featured in this video. just some helping and hopping.

Remember the days when plenty of LGW (including myself) wanted BOGO?

I would still take bogo here.. especially if they retained salary in a deal. 

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

watch Duclair become an all-star in Chicago....A Bowman does it again.

I have a really close friend who is a Hawks fan. Before the season he said he didnt think the Hawks would even make the playoffs this year. As of today they are tied for the 8th spot. Their decline has started, Bowman gets bashed by Hawks fans now in a Holland/Wings sort of way.

18 minutes ago, kliq said:

I have a really close friend who is a Hawks fan. Before the season he said he didnt think the Hawks would even make the playoffs this year. As of today they are tied for the 8th spot. Their decline has started, Bowman gets bashed by Hawks fans now in a Holland/Wings sort of way.

That's because all GMs are fallible. When teams are contenders their GMs are praised. When the teams of those same GMs start to head South (which is a normal process in the league now) they became "washed up", "outdated", etc. When teams are loaded with talent and they're a contender, their GM's mistakes are less noticeable, even though the best Gms make them. When parity sets in, and their teams start to run its coarse toward a rebuild, their mistakes are magnified.

Bowman is a good GM, but he's not perfect. As the 'Hawks continue to decline (and they will) its only natural that the "Bowman is an idiot" "Fire Bowman" cries start. It happened to Holland too, although not all of it unfair.

Bowman was never as brilliant as Hawks fans once claimed and Holland is/was never as bad as Wings fans claim.

It's the Circle...Circle of Life. (Read this as Elton John singing it)

3 hours ago, amato said:

I would still take bogo here.. especially if they retained salary in a deal. 

If you trade for BOGO is it a Buy One Get One Free scenario?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's because all GMs are fallible. When teams are contenders their GMs are praised. When the teams of those same GMs start to head South (which is a normal process in the league now) they became "washed up", "outdated", etc. When teams are loaded with talent and they're a contender, their GM's mistakes are less noticeable, even though the best Gms make them. When parity sets in, and their teams start to run its coarse toward a rebuild, their mistakes are magnified.

Bowman is a good GM, but he's not perfect. As the 'Hawks continue to decline (and they will) its only natural that the "Bowman is an idiot" "Fire Bowman" cries start. It happened to Holland too, although not all of it unfair.

Bowman was never as brilliant as Hawks fans once claimed and Holland is/was never as bad as Wings fans claim.

Yup! I 100% agree with you. This is exactly my point.

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I dont.  That post would keeps 31 GM's in untouchable jobs until they retire.  That just isn't and shouldn't be the case.  Holland reaped the rewards of Devellano's/Andersson's drafting and Bowman's coaching/player management.  He took credit for a lot of success that he only had a small part in.  That is becoming more and more obvious as the team sinks and Holland continues to mismanage the team's contracts/cap space.

Nope. There are plenty of GM's that have never had success. The context here is how GM's are perceived after hitting the pinnacle. 

Come on Cady, do better :z:

Edited by kliq

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If you trade for BOGO is it a Buy One Get One Free scenario?

Haha yup! BOGO for Ericsson straight up, basically confirmed. :P 

22 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Duclair is a smallish winger who can put up points but isn't good defensively.  Wings need a center and 2 defensemen, and if they get a winger they need one with size who plays a power game.  He might be talented, but he's not what they need.

It isn't even about Duclair, really. It's about finding good talent for cheap. Savvy trades and signings. Hitting homeruns in the draft. Things that can make a dramatic turnaround an actual reality.

And even if it were about Duclair, we do need goal scoring, whether it's coming from a centerman or a defenseman or a winger.

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It isn't even about Duclair, really. It's about finding good talent for cheap. Savvy trades and signings. Hitting homeruns in the draft. Things that can make a dramatic turnaround an actual reality.

And even if it were about Duclair, we do need goal scoring, whether it's coming from a centerman or a defenseman or a winger.

Bowman's trying to keep the streak alive when he should be tanking

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not much of a rumor, but when the Bobfather speaks, it's usually true...

When asked about the Wings at the deadline:

"Guys. GUYS. What if we sell Mike Green...to ourselves?" - Red Wings, 2018

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22030428/chicago-blackhawks-acquire-anthony-duclair-4-player-trade-arizona-coyotes

Laurent Dauphin and Richard Panik for Duclair and Adam Clendening. So basically a tweener center and an underachieving bottom 6 journeyman winger for Duclair and an AHL defenseman.

I feel like Holland could have gotten this one done. Based on this return, I don't see how a 2nd and someone like Puempel or Booth or Ouellet couldn't have gotten Duclair. This would have been exactly the type of trade Holland should be doing. Trade Green and you're looking at 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Why not trade one of the 2nd rounders and an expendable player under those circumstances? What are the chances one of those 2nd rounders turns out to be as good as Duclair anyway?

But hey, at least he'll have that fine young man Kane to mentor him. That should turn out really well.

20 hours ago, kliq said:

Nope. There are plenty of GM's that have never had success. The context here is how GM's are perceived after hitting the pinnacle. 

Come on Cady, do better :z:

I get what he's saying, but of course there are good and bad GMs. The bad ones usually get weeded out eventually, and even good ones lose their jobs. There's a reason why some GMs move from team to team. If they were bad GMs, they wouldn't keep finding jobs. Instead there are good GMs that just simply run their course. Such is Holland. I maintain that he is a good GM who just isn't the right fit in Detroit anymore. Even a good GM won't keep his job forever. Success requires the right GM with the right team at the right time. Change the team(dynamic) and/or time(scenario)  and even a good GM will struggle. And that's when GMs get let go.

On Ask Ansar, Khan says Coreau will be the back up next year (I assume that means Mrazek is gone)

He also says, if Zetterberg goes to LTIR for any amount of seasons remaining on his contract, the organization would still consider him part of the team, and would not name a new captain until he's officially retired. Interesting... that means Franzen is still a team member too ;)

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-detroit-red-wings-mike-green-mrazek-nhl-trade-market/2018/01/12/

I'm a little miffed that Nyquist's name isn't in the rumor mill (is Hoffman really that much more appealing?), but whatevz.

Probably because we’re not planning on trading him? (Unless I missed something)  

I don’t think they’d mind trading him if the deal were right or whatever.. but that’s far less of a sure thing than Green, Mrazek, and others on that list. 

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

On Ask Ansar, Khan says Coreau will be the back up next year (I assume that means Mrazek is gone)

Does it matter who gets the 5 games Howard doesn’t play?? ;) 

6 minutes ago, amato said:

Probably because we’re not planning on trading him? (Unless I missed something)  

I don’t think they’d mind trading him if the deal were right or whatever.. but that’s far less of a sure thing than Green, Mrazek, and others on that list.

Right, it doesn't surprise me at all that his name isn't getting any play. I just think he'd be a good add for some teams and I think we could get a decent return for him (assuming he keeps producing like he has been lately), so I'm hoping our potential trade chips aren't limited to the guys on expiring contracts.

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He also says, if Zetterberg goes to LTIR for any amount of seasons remaining on his contract, the organization would still consider him part of the team, and would not name a new captain until he's officially retired. Interesting... that means Franzen is still a team member too ;)

I can't see any way Mrazek comes back.  They'd have to give him a raise on a contract he's not earning to retain his rights.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

On the team in Heaven yea. 

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Right, it doesn't surprise me at all that his name isn't getting any play. I just think he'd be a good add for some teams and I think we could get a decent return for him (assuming he keeps producing like he has been lately), so I'm hoping our potential trade chips aren't limited to the guys on expiring contracts.

I don't have McKenzie or Dreger's connections, but I find it hard to believe that teams aren't inquiring about Nyquist, especially when the Wings are supposed to be 'rebuilding' and he's been playing so well lately.

Sometimes I feel like Holland holds on to guys when they start playing well in order to justify his contracts. Its like "See, I was right! They are worth that." When he should instead be trading them for maximum value.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

3 "A"s then?