• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

At thispoint who knows which player is on the block. I guess its whichever player(s) get them the best pick/prospect return. As long as it's not anyone named Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi then I'm ok. I'd like to keep Nielsen around to help try and lure JT as well. Of course Z ain't going anywhere.

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Mostly, yes. His contract would be more attractive to contending teams in both term and dollars. But also because I think Nyquist is a better all around player than Tatar.

Why would you rather keep Tatar? Nyquist is the better player (in my opinion), and he's on a much better contract (again, in my opinion)...

Tatar has less goals this yr but I find he's more of a scorer than nyquist and Gus's 8 pts in 35 playoff games doesn't  give me confidence 

can see us keeping Gus though since he's more of a 2way guy 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Thanks for the source and translation, but I'm not sure if I see that trade happening. It doesn't really make much sense from either teams perspective in my opinion. Unless the Wings have all of a sudden decided to move on from Howard and go with Mrazek, because of one good game (shutout yesterday), but I highly doubt that's the case, since the article was published Saturday.

Halak and a 2nd for Howard ??

i think it's most likely bs although I never stopped believing in mrazek and he's also 8-9 yrs younger so I'd much prefer holding on to him 

This is how google translated it, pretty much the same basis, but I dig the wording!

"It's premature to make a conclusion, but now in Detroit, the sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing that Jimmy Howard's Red Wing Goalkeeper is already heading for New York and just replacing Halak. Howard is 33 years old, Halak 32, both are good in their own way and both will be unlimited freelancers after the end of the season."

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"

"

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is how google translated it, pretty much the same basis, but I dig the wording!

"It's premature to make a conclusion, but now in Detroit, the sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing that Jimmy Howard's Red Wing Goalkeeper is already heading for New York and just replacing Halak. Howard is 33 years old, Halak 32, both are good in their own way and both will be unlimited freelancers after the end of the season."

I love "The sparrow on the rooftops is already ringing" and "unlimited freelancers"

"

Google over a native speaker? Come on

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

"

I'm putting "unlimited freelancer" on my resume.

In regards to Howard, it would nice to get something back if a Wings goalie is going to Long Island again. Unlike the last 2 they poached from us.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

At thispoint who knows which player is on the block. I guess its whichever player(s) get them the best pick/prospect return. As long as it's not anyone named Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Frk, Bertuzzi then I'm ok. I'd like to keep Nielsen around to help try and lure JT as well. Of course Z ain't going anywhere.

Frk is a one dimensional winger who isn't effective outside of a very specific role.  Bertuzzi might be a good 3rd line winger.  Neither are bad players and both can be valuable role players, but if trading either or both as part of a package brings in a good young center or D, then you don't hesitate.

Heard jack Johnson wants a trade and bluejackets were dissapointed cause they were looking to make some noise 

any chance they'd consider Ericsson ? Has 2 more years left and I'm sure others around the league would think more highly than us the fans. , maybe a ericsson and late pick for Johnson and a 3rd ? Then ship Johnson for something like a 2nd and 5th??? 

Watching islanders and they just blew a 2-0 lead , I'm sure they'd consider Howard , if they got some goaltending they could make some noise 

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Frk is a one dimensional winger who isn't effective outside of a very specific role.  Bertuzzi might be a good 3rd line winger.  Neither are bad players and both can be valuable role players, but if trading either or both as part of a package brings in a good young center or D, then you don't hesitate.

I'm a little more optimistic. Im hoping he turns out to be more of a middle 6 winger, along with Givani Smith.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow, I was guessing if there´s some phrase and look what google did. Yes, it´s quite common phrase there. 

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm a little more optimistic. Im hoping he turns out to be more of a middle 6 winger, along with Givani Smith.

3rd line is middle 6.  I'm hoping for a Maltby type.  Good PK, agitator, good for 15-ish goals a year.  Still a guy you don't hesitate to move if he can bring in a better player

7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

3rd line is middle 6.  I'm hoping for a Maltby type.  Good PK, agitator, good for 15-ish goals a year.  Still a guy you don't hesitate to move if he can bring in a better player

I'm talking about a guy you can play as a grinder/checker but also be moved up onto a scoring line and be effective. Is that what you're saying? Maybe I am misunderstanding the term, but I would consider Helm a 3rd liner and Abby a middle 6 forward.

People get too caught up in putting players in a box.  This guy is a "middle 6 forward."  "That guy is a checking line player."  It all depends on how lines are structured and who works well with whom.  Some guys love having a McCarty/Abdelkader/Homer type on their line, other guys would rather play with two skill players.  McCarty wasn't a skilled player by any means, but he spent a lot of time on scoring lines when he wasn't with Draper and Maltby.  With the right linemates and in the right system, Abdelkader can be useful on a scoring line, but he'd be good in a checking role too.  I think Bertuzzi is going to be the type who can play on any line, but his best usage is on an energy line that goes out stirs up crap, and forechecks.  

13 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Still a guy you don't hesitate to move if he can bring in a better player

Is there a guy you would hesitate to move if he can bring in a better player? 

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

...McCarty wasn't a skilled player by any means, but...  

He scored over 50 goals in juniors.

22 hours ago, sputman said:

Nabokov

f*** that pissed me off! Seems like it pissed Nabby off too. Was hard to expect him to clear waivers when coming back into the league on a $500k deal, but it still sucked that some ******* GM couldn’t resist. He wanted to come to Detroit, signed specifically to do so, then the waiver wire sent him down the line to NYI. Whatever though, league rule.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

People get too caught up in putting players in a box.  This guy is a "middle 6 forward."  "That guy is a checking line player."  It all depends on how lines are structured and who works well with whom.  Some guys love having a McCarty/Abdelkader/Homer type on their line, other guys would rather play with two skill players.  McCarty wasn't a skilled player by any means, but he spent a lot of time on scoring lines when he wasn't with Draper and Maltby.  With the right linemates and in the right system, Abdelkader can be useful on a scoring line, but he'd be good in a checking role too.  I think Bertuzzi is going to be the type who can play on any line, but his best usage is on an energy line that goes out stirs up crap, and forechecks.  

On 2018-01-15 at 2:30 PM, DickieDunn said:

Howard for Halak straight up doesn't make sense.  If they can bring in Halak and a pick or prospect, that would be something to consider.  At best Howard is going to be around 3 more years, they need a long term plan in net.  As much as I question if Mrazek is that answer, giving him the majority of the starts the rest of this year is probably the smart move.  If Mrazek craps the bed, they an try to re-sign Halak for next year and have an extra asset out of the bargain.

Straight up doesn’t, no. I’m sure there would be a pick coming back as well. But another bonus for the Wings, if this is remotely true, would be Halak is UFA a year before Howard. If Holland is mulling this over, it could be because he can’t trade Mrazek, and he can trade Jimmy. At the end of the season he’s free of $9 million plus is goalie salary (if he doesn’t quality Mrázek and sign him cheaper). Then he’d be left with Coreau, but could sign a decent vet too. Rebuild on, no big deal.

i’d def consider the rebuild fully on if the starting goalie is traded. That’s a positive.

Edit- Oh yeah, he wouldn’t have to look for a vet to sign, because he’d have Halak.

Edited by chaps80

28 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Good times.

30 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

f*** that pissed me off! Seems like it pissed Nabby off too. Was hard to expect him to clear waivers when coming back into the league on a $500k deal, but it still sucked that some ******* GM couldn’t resist. He wanted to come to Detroit, signed specifically to do so, then the waiver wire sent him down the line to NYI. Whatever though, league rule.

Which is one more reason to get Tavares. Sign him without having anything going back to NY and then send Snow a fax that says "Nabokov says hello."

20 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nabokov on entry waivers? and I believe Osgood in the waiver draft back when they used to do that.  Am I misremembering?

Yep. Nabokov was off entry waivers, and Osgood was picked up after being waived by Holland when he traded for Hasek.

Can only say the Nabokov thing was a dick move though. Osgood was let go and wherever he ended up wasn’t Detroit’s concern.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. Nabokov was off entry waivers, and Osgood was picked up after being waived by Holland when he traded for Hasek.

Can only say the Nabokov thing was a dick move though. Osgood was let go and wherever he ended up wasn’t Detroit’s concern.

True, but Holland tried to trade Ozzie before leaving him exposed in the waiver draft. There were no takers, including NY. If they were classy, the Isles would have traded at least a token draft pick Holland's way beforehand. That would have been a more respectful way to acquire him IMO, considering Ozzie was 2 time cup winner at the time.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie