• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

SoI was watching the NHL INsiders on TSN and they seem to think that Green will be THE hot commodity at the deadline.  LeBrun said teams will be lining up to pay for his services, Tampa being one of them willing to pay up for him!  I smell a 1st AND a prospect coming our way! How about a 1st and Cal Foote or maybe Alex Volkov? I can imagine a line of Svech Svech and Volkov! Lil Svech is a RW/C! Of course I'd rather draft D with our 1st.

Also they say the price for Kane will be at least 4 assets including a 1st and an NHL player.  Pitt interested but may not want to pay the hefty price, BUT are desparatley looking to acquire a scoring winger! Nyquist or Tatar anyone? Won'tcost 4 assets that is for sure! Pick/prospect is about it I believe!

Edited by LeftWinger

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

SoI was watching the NHL INsiders on TSN and they seem to think that Green will be THE hot commodity at the deadline.  LeBrun said teams will be lining up to pay for his services, Tampa being one of them willing to pay up for him!  I smell a 1st AND a prospect coming our way! How about a 1st and Cal Foote or maybe Alex Volkov? I can imagine a line of Svech Svech and Volkov! Lil Svech is a RW/C! Of course I'd rather draft D with our 1st.

Also they say the price for Kane will be at least 4 assets including a 1st and an NHL player.  Pitt interested but may not want to pay the hefty price, BUT are desparatley looking to acquire a scoring winger! Nyquist or Tatar anyone? Won'tcost 4 assets that is for sure! Pick/prospect is about it I believe!

I'm hopeful that Green brings a big return, but no way he'd get us a 1st and Foote. I'd be more than happy with just Foote. Nyquist or Tatar to a team like Pittsburgh or Nashville makes sense.

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm hopeful that Green brings a big return, but no way he'd get us a 1st and Foote. I'd be more than happy with just Foote. Nyquist or Tatar to a team like Pittsburgh or Nashville makes sense.

Nah. Yzerman is so good he's building the Wings into contenders from his Tampa FL GM chair. He'll trade us a 1st and Foote and then take the GM job once Hollands gone and takes all the credit.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True, but Holland tried to trade Ozzie before leaving him exposed in the waiver draft. There were no takers, including NY. If they were classy, the Isles would have traded at least a token draft pick Holland's way beforehand. That would have been a more respectful way to acquire him IMO, considering Ozzie was 2 time cup winner at the time.

This is true. Would be nice if teams were like that, but I guess they figured he’s hitting waivers because he’s odd man out and no ones making a trade, so we’ll wait and see if we can take him for nothing. If not, no big deal.

I don’t think many thought that he’d continue to play well on a worse team. Could have led to no one trading. Popular opinion of him at the time was that his numbers and Cups were a product of the team in front of him. That and he was coming off a pretty bad first round series against LA. 

He proved everyone wrong though. I remember when St.Louis let him walk after trading for Lalime. Blew up in their faces.

15 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'll take Foote and a 2nd for Green.

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm hopeful that Green brings a big return, but no way he'd get us a 1st and Foote.

TBH, I'm not ruling out a return like that, especially from a team in TB's position. Despite Hedman's injury and the uncertainty about how he'll perform when he returns, I think they're still the team to beat this season, especially if they add a couple of good depth pieces. They have good young talent and their core players are in their prime years, so they can afford to part with late first-round picks for a couple of years, IMHO. And when you have Hedman and Sergachev and Koekkoek on the back end, I dunno that a Callan Foote is really all that valuable to your organization. Or, put another way, a Callan Foote is probably much sexier to Wings Nation than he is to Bolts Nation.

But then, I'm not Steve Yzerman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Dabura

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

TBH, I'm not ruling out a return like that, especially from a team in TB's position. Despite Hedman's injury and the uncertainty about how he'll perform when he returns, I think they're still the team to beat this season, especially if they add a couple of good depth pieces. They have good young talent and their core players are in their prime years, so they can afford to part with late first-round picks for a couple of years, IMHO. And when you have Hedman and Sergachev and Koekkoek on the back end, I dunno that a Callan Foote is really all that valuable to your organization. Or, put another way, a Callan Foote is probably much sexier to Wings Nation than he is to Bolts Nation.

But then, I'm not Steve Yzerman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think we'll end up getting a good return for Green, I just doubt it'll be that good. Some team will definitely overpay though. Foote would be an amazing add for this team. Future top pair Cholowski - Foote?

With a few shrewd moves, this team could be built back up again fairly quickly. It's just going to take some gumption to make it happen. Can Holland do it? I'm not so sure. I'd love to see him pull off another successful rebuild on the fly though...

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

I thought that was Maltby's claim to fame.

One of the great injustices of our time. D-Mac had an even better final season in Jr., led the OHL in goals and was a CHL 1st-team all-star, but Malts got all the "50-goal-in-junior" cred. Probably the root of Darren's substance abuse problems, really.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I do think we'll end up getting a good return for Green, I just doubt it'll be that good. Some team will definitely overpay though. Foote would be an amazing add for this team. Future top pair Cholowski - Foote?

With a few shrewd moves, this team could be built back up again fairly quickly. It's just going to take some gumption to make it happen. Can Holland do it? I'm not so sure. I'd love to see him pull off another successful rebuild on the fly though...

I hear ya, on all counts.

I'm choosing to believe that the Wings organization is so afraid of spending multiple years in the league basement that the front office is going to take the energy it normally puts into keeping the playoff streak alive and re-focus that energy towards getting "ALL THE PICKS" and really taking a serious, calculated stab at trying to pull off an actual, honest-to-goodness reload.

Get the picks. Get ALL THE PICKS.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's time for the sale to officially be addressed.

Trade all of Green, Howard, Mrazek, Nyquist, Tatar and Ericsson. Get an upcoming ufa goalie back, couple of prospects and multiple picks. It's time.

No rush. Even if Holland tries like mad to sell right now, it's pretty clear that no one's ready to buy big pieces at this time. I'm sure he's been working the phones, but there's only so much he can do right now. Plus, prices will go up as we get closer and closer to deadline week. Time is on our side.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

No rush. Even if Holland tries like mad to sell right now, it's pretty clear that no one's ready to buy big pieces at this time. I'm sure he's been working the phones, but there's only so much he can do right now. Plus, prices will go up as we get closer and closer to deadline week. Time is on our side.

No i mean address it and get the names together that'll be sold come deadline. Most definitely hold out until teams come lining up.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

No i mean address it and get the names together that'll be sold come deadline. Most definitely hold out until teams come lining up.

Ah, gotcha.

Honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if they hadn't done most of that work already.

Ott also scored 50 goals in Jr. for the Spits.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade all of Green, Howard, Mrazek, Nyquist, Tatar and Ericsson. Get an upcoming ufa goalie back, couple of prospects and multiple picks. It's time.

I would love it if E was moved, but that is not happening.

Nyquist and/or Tatar, I could see it but more likely in the off-season.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You want to trade Howard AND Mrazek? There's a lot of people on one side or the other, but why wouldn't we sell both? That doesn't make much sense to me...

You're already giving up the playoffs, you'll get Halak back in trade, bring up Coreau. Next season, go with resigning Halak and stick with that combo unless some other goalie presents himself in the summer. Improve your D and let the better, younger kids develop more at the G spot. :lol:

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I would love it if E was moved, but that is not happening.

Nyquist and/or Tatar, I could see it but more likely in the off-season.

You mean Ericsson won't be moved because Holland wouldn't move him, or because no one would want him? The former, I'd agree with, the latter, I'm not so sure. I know most would laugh at this, but I think Ericsson could be a good add for a contending team looking to go on a deep playoff run. I believe he's a solid top 4 defenseman, and would be a very good bottom pair, shutdown defender on a deep blueline. I agree though, no way Ericsson gets moved...

I also agree that Nyquist / Tatar could be an off-season move, but I wouldn't be surprised if teams called on one or both at the deadline. Whether or not Holland would be open to moving them is a completely different question... Both are solid middle 6 wingers that could bring an added offensive punch to a team looking for depth on the wing.

Pit, Vegas and STL are looking to  bolster their wing position.  The price for Kane is astronomical, Tatar and Nyquist would cost tons less.  Not saying a trade going to happen for sure, but teams that are looking for a scoring winger to help them over the top, are going to call about those two.  Let's just hope Holland keeps the "ask" price down so we can actually collect some picks!

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You mean Ericsson won't be moved because Holland wouldn't move him, or because no one would want him? The former, I'd agree with, the latter, I'm not so sure. I know most would laugh at this, but I think Ericsson could be a good add for a contending team looking to go on a deep playoff run. I believe he's a solid top 4 defenseman, and would be a very good bottom pair, shutdown defender on a deep blueline. I agree though, no way Ericsson gets moved...

I also agree that Nyquist / Tatar could be an off-season move, but I wouldn't be surprised if teams called on one or both at the deadline. Whether or not Holland would be open to moving them is a completely different question... Both are solid middle 6 wingers that could bring an added offensive punch to a team looking for depth on the wing.

I think E won't be moved because I believe Holland has zero desire to move him. With Green likely gone, Kronwall being a year away from retirement or less from LTIRetirement, and XO/Jensen being nothing more then 3rd pairing guys I dont think Holland would want to move E.

You never know with Tatar or Nyquist, I guess it all depends what the market is. If he gets a Vanek like offer, no chance. If he gets something with serious substance though he should do it.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Pit, Vegas and STL are looking to  bolster their wing position.  The price for Kane is astronomical, Tatar and Nyquist would cost tons less.  Not saying a trade going to happen for sure, but teams that are looking for a scoring winger to help them over the top, are going to call about those two.  Let's just hope Holland keeps the "ask" price down so we can actually collect some picks!

Hey, that's good for us. Kane having a ridiculous asking price makes our options look better. Keep asking for the moon Buffalo!

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You want to trade Howard AND Mrazek? There's a lot of people on one side or the other, but why wouldn't we sell both? That doesn't make much sense to me...

I'm split on this. Howard has earned the net wayyy more then Mrazek. But for the future of our team you can argue that trading Howard and giving Mrazek one season to make or break may be better for us.

The fact that Howard has worth right now and Mrazek is worthless is even more the reason to consider this.

With that being said, Mrazek is owed nothing, I am just looking at what may be better for the team long term. I am a much bigger Howard fan then Mrazek fan.

Edited by kliq