• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Vanek was a completely one dimensional winger who was only effective with mostly offensive zone starts, Green in an offensive d-man.  D tend to bring a better return at the deadline than guys lie Vanek.  I'm still not sure he's going to fetch a first rounder, but a second and a decent prospect isn't out of the question

21 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I see that some of our young D are in play for trade? Not sure losing guys on near the league minimum cap hit is going to help much.

Like who? Any reputable sources reporting this? I like Jensen as a 3rd pairing defenseman, but I'd trade Ouellet in a heartbeat.

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Our D is in such crappy shape, it's sad.

Jensen and Sambrook are the only guys I kind of like.

That's an odd couple guys to "only" like. I mean sure, I like them too, but there are much better players on the team and in the pipeline than these two. Like I said, I like Jensen as a 3rd pairing defenseman, and I'm hopeful Sambrook makes the team in the next few years, but I think at best he's a 3rd pair defenseman at the NHL level. You don't like Cholowski? Hronek?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Like who? Any reputable sources reporting this? I like Jensen as a 3rd pairing defenseman, but I'd trade Ouellet in a heartbeat.

Apparently Bob Mckenzie said XO is in play, or at least that is what a thread on a rival board is saying.

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We got a 2nd and 3rd for a former first rounder just entering his prime and 6+ years of organizational development.  Dont know how anybody thinks that Holland did well with the Smith trade.

He got 2 picks for a 3rd pair D.  His draft position and how long he spent in the organization are irrelevant to his ability.

What's to like about Jensen?  He's bad positionally and brings almost no offense.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That's an odd couple guys to "only" like. I mean sure, I like them too, but there are much better players on the team and in the pipeline than these two. Like I said, I like Jensen as a 3rd pairing defenseman, and I'm hopeful Sambrook makes the team in the next few years, but I think at best he's a 3rd pair defenseman at the NHL level. You don't like Cholowski? Hronek?

11 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

He got 2 picks for a 3rd pair D.  His draft position and how long he spent in the organization are irrelevant to his ability.

What's to like about Jensen?  He's bad positionally and brings almost no offense.

Baiting results are in. 

Jonas = 2

Krsmith + Dickie = 0

Rather keep a ouellet over jensen , he's more a reliable dman ... For a guy who was suppose to be more offensive jensen doesn't have much production and is a -7 where as ouellet is even

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1080012/xavier-ouellet-canadien-montreal-marc-bergevin-red-wings-detroit-lnh

french sites going nuts though haha ....id consider a ouellet mccaron flip 

From different articles I’ve read, teams aren’t exactly breaking down the door for Green, but he will be traded. Might not get what some of us expected though. XO hasn’t gotten any interest. Ditto with Howard (besides the NYI rumours) and Mrazek. Apparantly teams are feeling pretty set for goaltending help at this point. NYI is the one question mark. Lots of rumours about a trade with them floating around. 

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hronek and Saarajarvi make Jensen expendable. If there's an offer, trade him. He'll fetch more than XO. Similar calibers, but Right handed D fetch more.

I don't know if right handed defensemen fetch more, but smooth skating, offensive defensemen definitely do. Jensen is a great skater, and can move the puck well. Ouellet, not so much.

3 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

So according to Bob MacKenzie Ken Holland has made it be known that Xavier Ouellet has been made available for trade. Pretty sure we already knew this Bob.

I didn't know this. I haven't really heard Holland announce anyone being available. I'm sure Green is, and I'm sure every team knows this, but other than that, has Holland actually come out to say anyone else is available? Daley? Ouellet? Jensen? Nyquist? Tatar? Howard? Mrazek? I didn't think so...

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Rather keep a ouellet over jensen , he's more a reliable dman ... For a guy who was suppose to be more offensive jensen doesn't have much production and is a -7 where as ouellet is even 

Jensen > Ouellet, and it's not even close in my opinion. I don't take much stock in +/- and Jensen does pretty much everything better than Ouellet in my opinion. Much better offensively. Ouellet may be slightly better defensively, but I wouldn't even say that.

50 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

From different articles I’ve read, teams aren’t exactly breaking down the door for Green, but he will be traded. Might not get what some of us expected though. XO hasn’t gotten any interest. Ditto with Howard (besides the NYI rumours) and Mrazek. Apparantly teams are feeling pretty set for goaltending help at this point. NYI is the one question mark. Lots of rumours about a trade with them floating around. 

Chicago is looking for a goalie as well. There window is all but closed, I cant see them not taking another shot. I feel like they are us in 2010.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't know if right handed defensemen fetch more, but smooth skating, offensive defensemen definitely do. Jensen is a great skater, and can move the puck well. Ouellet, not so much.

I didn't know this. I haven't really heard Holland announce anyone being available. I'm sure Green is, and I'm sure every team knows this, but other than that, has Holland actually come out to say anyone else is available? Daley? Ouellet? Jensen? Nyquist? Tatar? Howard? Mrazek? I didn't think so...

Jensen > Ouellet, and it's not even close in my opinion. I don't take much stock in +/- and Jensen does pretty much everything better than Ouellet in my opinion. Much better offensively. Ouellet may be slightly better defensively, but I wouldn't even say that.

Well in my opinion I think it's not even close on the flipside , think ouellet is more reliable,smarter and has more compet, yes Jensen is a better skater but I've seen him cause some turnovers cause of it , and you say he's much better offensively and can move the puck but he's got a whole 9 points , at this rate itll be a miracle if he ever gets 20+ pts 

think ouellet will have a longer career but I also think both won't be long for Detroit ,  guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the two

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I said a few pages back, or maybe in the draft thread, to trade XO to Montreal. Just because it seems Montreal goes crazy over French/Can players!

I know it's crazy. It's almost worth it to draft French Canadian players just so you can trade them to Montreal later and get more. BTW, isn't Mantha from Quebec? But he's not French Canadian , right? 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/07/the-exceedingly-expensive-right-handed-defenseman.html

21 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well in my opinion I think it's not even close on the flipside , think ouellet is more reliable,smarter and has more compet, yes Jensen is a better skater but I've seen him cause some turnovers cause of it , and you say he's much better offensively and can move the puck but he's got a whole 9 points , at this rate itll be a miracle if he ever gets 20+ pts 

think ouellet will have a longer career but I also think both won't be long for Detroit ,  guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the two

I'd take Jensen's "whole 9 points" over Ouellet's whole 4 points... I don't expect Jensen to put up 20+ points on a consistent basis, but he should hover around the 15-20 range, as he has the past two seasons. That's about all you should expect from a 3rd pair defenseman. The game is getting faster and faster and it's crucial to have players that can skate. Jensen is a great skater. Ouellet is not. That's what sets them apart to me, and the reason I'd rather keep Jensen over Ouellet.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Who's this Gavin Lee character?

I'm not sure if I buy it. I'm sure it matters somewhat when it comes to top pair guys, but I'm not sure it matters much with depth defensemen. But hey, if Jensen brings a decent return, I'm definitely not opposed to trading him. My main point is that if we're trading one of Ouellet or Jensen, I'd prefer it be Ouellet, but I'd trade either in the right deal.

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd take Jensen's "whole 9 points" over Ouellet's whole 4 points... I don't expect Jensen to put up 20+ points on a consistent basis, but he should hover around the 15-20 range, as he has the past two seasons. That's about all you should expect from a 3rd pair defenseman. The game is getting faster and faster and it's crucial to have players that can skate. Jensen is a great skater. Ouellet is not. That's what sets them apart to me, and the reason I'd rather keep Jensen over Ouellet.

What past two seasons???this is his second , and he had 13 last year and at this point it be a miracle if he hit 20 and more than likely a 10-15 range guy 

jensen is a better skater yes but ouellet is smarter and more dependable and it's not like he's a slow f*** .... Anyways I'd much rather keep both and trade green,daley,ericsson but itll never happen

I don't think anyone will trade for Jensen. He has not played enough tough minutes. I thought for sure this year we would get to see him get a little battle tested but he continues to get sheltered minutes. I would keep Jensen over Ouellet all day. At least Jensen has some up side still. There are 75 d men in the league exactly like Ouellet.  

As for Ericcson. If he is ever going to get trade it would be right now. He's had a pretty good season for his standards and his value couldn't be higher.